show paywall novels

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by jalog100, Feb 26, 2019.

1. jalog100

jalog100 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a option to unhide paywall novels by default? I have some favorites that got behind the wall and they don't show anymore i have a good filter and don't care a bit of spam but i would like to know if these are updated

2. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. NU does not show paywalled updates, Hence most QI novels don't show up.

3. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    nope, it's against NU policy yanno

4. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Shhh, don't hurt the kids' feelings who can't afford stuffs.

5. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No. Premium or private chapters are not shown at main site. If you want to know if said novel is updated or not, please check where the novel is being hosted. Assuming you're reading said favorites from Webnovel, then simply search it out in Webnovel main page. You have account, yes? You are willing to pay to read, yes? This should not be an inconvenience to you, as the main site only links free chapters, but if there are errors in linking said web pages, it's up to the readers or translators to fix the error.

6. jalog100

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean about the eye in the novel page, in mobile i can see just the last 15 chapters and resets in others

7. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is for hiding dead links, not paywall chapters.

Last year, users have been raging because NU sticks to being neutral and listed QI chapters. After many, many discussions, arguments, and push from users, many quotes and referencing of the policy, the paid chapters are no longer listed on NU. Even the lock system was taken down.

This thread is not the first thread requesting the listing of paywalled chapters on NU after that event. There has been others asking something similar.

Me: "A few months too late, don't you think :facepalm:"

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  8. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    It would have been better just to let people choose what they want. Even if its not the default setting.

Not to mention, it gets into dicey legal territory. One of these days one of the publishers might just decide to sue NU for promoting "pirated content". And they will use the fact that official translations are taken down while "pirated content" is promoted.

Right now it might not be worth their time, but at one point they might consider it.

9. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm not jumping into that poisonous swamp again, I've had my fill of them last year.

AliceShiki likes this.
  10. jalog100

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah sorry I'm not very active in the forum, just lurking there and there and light trolling and casual normal post and wasn't aware of the drama, i don't care much about qi because i don't like most of the balantly racism and chauvinism of chinese novels, I'm not feminist or something but the combination of plot armor racism and the smugness of the MCs disgust me, i had just 2 cn ln that i liked and qi buyed annd never see them again

11. Snipetress

Snipetress [Editor, Typesetter, and PR at House of Rain]

Reading List:
    Link
    woah, I wasn't aware of any of that either tbh. I didn't really get that vibe from Qidian tho. To be fair, all I read currently is Solo Leveling, Release that witch, and The king's avatar... Maybe a different audience elicits a different response...