Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Tavern

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by AliceShiki, Jan 28, 2019.

1. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    "You need to see the world more. People have different reason even just for a work that is just baking bread."
    "Even with the tax is still a higher amount and we also need to pay for out living expenses unless you are a race that doesn't need food."

Blackwater likes this.
  2. Blackwater

Blackwater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "But... you should risk your life for something that is worth it."

SpearOfLies likes this.
  3. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Welp. Now I am embarrassed OoC as well.))
    "Mm... No response..." Zoan said, still unknowing that Kathicia is still fast asleep.
    "Sir... I think she is asleep," Herst said, unable to bear the awkwardness.
    "...oh. ...oh. Well in that case I will let her sleep more."
    "Hm... I am pretty sure I am human. ...speaking of food, I am hungry." Immediately after Zoan said so, he pulled a raw animal meat from his clothing (which apparently also functions as a storage of sorts), sat at an empty table, and began to feast on it like there was no tomorrow. "Well then. That ought to last me another three days."

Arexio, SpearOfLies and Blackwater like this.
  4. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    "There are many people that risk their life for something that isn't worthy. Fighting for my ambitious is more than enough for me."

Zone Q11 and Blackwater like this.
  5. Arexio

Arexio Blob Fanatic | AG Player

Reading List:
    Link
    Ryul let out his breath and smiled in gratitude to Cinis' actions.

"You're completely right. It's best to just focus on the present," Ryul admits, more to himself than to Cinis. He was glad though that the man was more of a realist than an idealist. It was more practical.

The half-elf was a bit amazed at Cinis at the moment, who was comfortable discussing his past as if it didn't involve him at all. He brushed it off as a consequence of growing up in a harsh environment.

Ryul questions, "If I may ask, what do you do in your free time? Between the adventurer quests and all."

"For myself, I like to engage in learning new knowledge from texts or teaching some of the orphans and poor children in my downtime," the scholar passionately discusses his hobbies.

Naraku likes this.
  6. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Mhmm... I don't know, how to say that... My time outside being an adventurer has bee greatly troubled as usually... I would pass time with my... siblings, however, we had a fight regarding an issue we can't solve, I took precautions that were rather restraining for them, so, they went away despite my protests.
    While it may be true that I was restraining them, it was a solution to keep them safe... But, it's too late now.", Cinis thought about it and sighed. Where were they now? He did not know a little bit, perhaps, they were in Nyllia, they went back to the HEM, they crossed the mountain range, they are in Seditio, he just didn't know.

"So... recently, in my free time, I have been only sleeping and hunting. While before, I would train and try to improve my physical capacities... Today, not much.", getting back to the quest as he sidetracked for a bit.

"Anyway... Learning new knowledge? As in. All type of knowledge? Or you have preference over one of them, like, history, politics and so on? And teaching... well, I suppose it's different than instructing."

OOC: While I could have replied an hour ago... I was napping~ :x

7. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: THEN YOU COULDN'T HAVE!!!!!
    IC: Kathicia mumbles about Avruva needing to punish those foolish cultists in the after life.

Arexio likes this.
  8. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    ((I still want you to finally wake up... What happened to Kathicia? Has she been cursed to sleep for hours?))

9. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    ((She had no sleep for 3 days in a row!))

10. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    ((How!?))

11. Arexio

Reading List:
    Link
    Ryul thought Cinis seemed quite wistful as he talked about his siblings. He thought it was a shame they couldn't resolve their differences.

Ryul didn't want to mention either Cinis' siblings or his training; both seemed like sore subjects, so he accepted the other man's redirection and answered the question about his hobbies.

"Ah yes, all types of fields of study. I wish to be the type of scholar that is well-rounded, a jack-of-all-trades if you will. At least in terms of knowledge. So I don't have too much of a preference for one subject over another."

"As for teaching versus instructing? Teaching requires much more patience, especially with little ones hahaha," Ryul laughed as he recalled his last lesson with the kids.

He then frowned as it seemed like the part-time teacher will have to find a new location to help out the children. After all, the Church was destroyed in the incident; he personally experienced it as the ceiling came crashing down.

Unreachable Hope likes this.
  12. WhitesRabbit48

WhitesRabbit48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lethe wandered into the Tavern lamenting the world's cruelty and hoping to find cookie master Arawn to make his day marginally better. Looking around and not seeing him Lethe thought: maybe I should just try and summon him?

While muttering Arawn's name three times under his breath in hopes of him appearing, Lethe made his way over to Aria because, let's face it, he really needed a hug. Lethe had been feeling pretty glum of late: he couldn't remember anything about the cultist invasion, which he seemed to have participated in repelling, and even after waking up for the second time there were still no snacks.

As he wandered over to request a hug, Lethe did not forget to send an attempted wave and partial yawn to the others he knew in the tavern.

((@jbturkle @AliceShiki))

Arexio likes this.
  13. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    Arawn appears at the entrance to the tavern, having been summoned by someone.
    "I have come!" he announces.

14. Unreachable Hope

Unreachable Hope Unspecified, Wandering and Doubtful Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Satisfied with Ryul's mindfulness and respect he had for his privacy, Cinis' smile, despite being quite small, looked a bit brighter as he spoke on a cheery tone, taking time with his ale.

"No preferences, eh. That is quite rare in my opinion, most people would have a subject they have prefer because of how familiar they might be with, as well, once you know something, even partially, you are more at ease with it." , he then chuckled.

"Pffft. You really seen to like children, that's quite good. I am quite awkward with them, I don't think I ever interacted with children more than... 4 times? So. When I meet one, might be rude, but I treat them like cats. You crouch down, stay silent and just stretch your arm, the hand opened. You know, to just try to gain their trust, just smile and... Lend a hand somehow?"

Arexio likes this.
  15. WhitesRabbit48

Reading List:
    Link
    Pleasantly surprised by Arawn’s spediness, Lethe is already feeling a bit better. He proceeded to ask the man: “Which ‘r best? Ginger or Chocs?”

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  16. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    Kathicia's uniteligible mumbling is punctuated by saying the word blood right after Lethe finishes talking.

WhitesRabbit48 and Arexio like this.
  17. WhitesRabbit48

Reading List:
    Link
    Lethe glances at the sleeping being silently questioning their taste in cookies and wondering why anyone would want blood cookies.

Arexio likes this.
  18. Arexio

Reading List:
    Link
    Ryul thought that the conversation was not a completely lost cause as Cinis looked a bit happier somehow.

"Well, technically, I have spent much of my life around the subjects of magic and etiquette. Etiquette can be a bit dry for me, but magic, I find, is always fascinating. So I guess I do have to admit, I am a bit partial to that particular subject," Ryul confessed, smiling despite hinself.

"Hahahaha!" The part-time teacher could not help but burst out laughing as he heard Cinis comparing children to cats as it did sound like that gentle approach might actually work. He just found it amusing as he imagined a man like Cinis performing such an action.

Ryul thought he saw such a thing at the festival, but he could not recall clearly. He must have been distracted by that 'ikeman' term.

"I am sorry. That was quite rude of me," Ryul apologized while wiping a tear from his eye.

WhitesRabbit48 likes this.
  19. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    Arawn looks at the rabbitkin and his brow wrinkles in thought.
    "Hm...If I had to choose one, I'd pick the gingerbread. It's got Granny Gene's name in it, after all."

Arexio likes this.
  20. Arexio

Reading List:
    Link
    ((That one is Ryul's favorite too))