Recommendations Something similar to Second Coming Of Avarice

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by tmark0099, Feb 26, 2019.

1. tmark0099

tmark0099 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just binged through 69 chaps of Second Coming Of Avarice. Gotta say it has the potential to be the best KR webnovel. The plot has real mystery and intrigue and really brings new elements to the genre. The description is off but right from the prologue you get hooked. What I liked the most though is character interactions, reactions and monologues. I literally never expected this level of depth and character building. But the release rate is so slow.
    Please recommend something along the same lines with good release rate or best if it is already finished.

Bolsonaro, madness- and Jiggy like this.
  2. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    It was dropped then picked up again by the same translator so if you knew this you wouldn't say release rate is slow.

3. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Tutorial is too hard
    The novels extra
    Omniscient readers viewpoint

jbturkle, Sopas, tmark0099 and 2 others like this.
  4. Tresdin

Tresdin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tmark0099 likes this.
  5. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading the same things will just leave you jaded
    You will start feeling apathetic to such novels.
    I advice that you try something different like a good romance.
    Variety is healthy.

P.S I don't think the Novel is that good. I like it but the romance is pathetic and infantile as usual. Given that there is a 1% chance that the author might be Christian is a nice change of pace
    Peace!

6. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    It had some time off after being dropped because the translator had to put in more work for less reward (longer chapters compared to other novels on the site, and lesser viewers) but they later picked it up again.

7. madness-

madness- The Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    though i dont know what part that you like
    The Amber Sword
    The Novel's Extra

tmark0099 likes this.
  8. Dachi

Dachi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Memorize is pretty similar

tmark0099 likes this.
  9. tmark0099

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehhhh?
    How much have you read? (Chapter no.) I think there is only a single girl up to now. In translated version of course. Though reading same things may lead to negative effects, so what? When I get bored I will look for some other thing.:blobcheeky:

Wujigege likes this.
  10. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    There are a of girls
    It is quantity to make up for crappy quality of the romance
    I used to take drama writers lightly but those who can write a believable romance are pretty good
    until video helps

Seo Ra is one
    then his ex
    Agnes
    Kim Ha Ah- I rather call her Kim Nana(City Hunter)
    Ze Princess that kissed him - It was pretty pathetic when I read this a few hours ago that a guy who has had a gf for years is acting like a 15 year old
    I guess it doesnt matter what the age of the character is, all characters in Asian novels are 15 year old virgins.
    When I see a female character, I skip to the next scene
    The whole violence as a show of affection was funny in high school anime but now it is just annoying to read or watch it with grown up characters

That is why I like stories like the one below

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamada-kun_and_the_Seven_Witches

You should watch the drama/TV Show

11. tmark0099

Reading List:
    Link
    Though I'm not sure, the character may act like a virgin because he is a virgin in the story. And I haven't read the latest chapters so I can't really say anything.
    Yamada kun is mediocre in my opinion. There was nothing that jumped out or unique other than the whole body switching.
    Bunny Senpai would have been a much better example.

12. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha my post was littered with typos
    I dont know how you understood me
    What I was referring to is how Yamada was not fleeing from girls just because he got kissed
    and he is in high school
    Having a grown up man flee from girls is pretty annoying
    I guess even though Savage Divinity is shit with all the animal fetish and bestiality at least the grown up man was looking for a whorehouse
    I don't know about Bunny senpai
    but I guess Yamada is not my best example
    Moteki is

13. tmark0099

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I have not read savage divinity yet so I can't say anything about it. But I think in this one he runs away because all of the girls are strong and can beat him to a pulp also he has been hurt by the rejection of his initial love so there is some trauma there. I guess not all MC can be smooth from the start. But I agree it gets annoying if it gets dragged out too long.
    For any of the fantasy/xianxia webnovel romance has been one of the weak points. Especially ones with harem. Only TTNH has a really great romance and harem with individuality in each of the love interests. ATG also has a good few female characters but there are just too many love interest to call it good romance.
    In my book the best kind of MC is Araragi self aware and pro active at the same time not going overboard.

Wujigege likes this.
  14. joyfan

joyfan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey man! i’m a big fan of second coming of avarice too, now I have officially read and reread it 3.5 times lmao. I don’t get bored from reading it since there always seems to be new things that got revealed in the newer chapter that was foreshadowed in the earlier chapter. I am not a fan of harem stuff but I thought this series is still alright so far since they don’t blatantly stick to the mc 24/7 like most of isekai novel but I’m hoping he would choose one of them and stick to her.

Anyway here are some of my recommendation!
    If you enjoy the brutality of the series, I would recommend reading Kill the dragon. (Smart protag but not OP)
    For mysteries and world building I would recommend kingdom’s bloodline(equally brutal world towards the weak protag with in-depth politic and mysterious world lore) and Lord of Mysteries (slow in pacing but beautiful world building).
    For something that is really similar in tone, possessing nothing, is a good read though don’t expect much of the mystery as it is more of getting stronger kinda genre. Hero without blood or tear, is another one with similar tone.
    If you enjoyed the smart protag part, you can try death sutra or The Human Emperor.. though those two are chinese novels so there could be a lot of fillers inside the chapters.

Hope you find one that you enjoy!

tmark0099 likes this.