Spoiler BL - To Be a Fan in a Horror Movie

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Feb 17, 2019.

1. baumkuchen

baumkuchen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The story has been completed! You can check on jjwxc, it's been marked as 已完成, not 连载中.

156 is an extra, which I haven't read yet, but I presume is an elaboration on movies skipped in the main text, or a short story of a movie that they went through together after

An earlier extra is the former, and that extra did end quite abruptly, and probably the other extras do too, so it's easy to mistake the story as still ongoing if you haven't read the last chapter of the main story :blobpats:

The last chapter of the main story is 149 btw!

2. purple_mangosteen

purple_mangosteen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh thanks.
    So who is the ML and what is his connection with MC?

zutyreye likes this.
  3. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading this ar night is a mistake:sweating_profusely:
    More please:blobpeek:

4. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The spoilers are going to be too long if I write down what they are investigating so I’m going to either cut it short, not mention it much, or briefly explain.

Chapter 9
    MC felt really scared. He doesn’t know when the eye appeared and how long it’s been there. Maybe because it was discovered, the eyeball quickly turned and disappeared behind the bookshelf. MC ran to the other side but found nothing. It definitely wasn’t a person. But MC just continued to look for files and info. He wonders back to the auntie from before and thinks that she should know what happened since she reacted so strongly. MC is doing some detective thinking and making deductions.

MC concluded that stuff should’ve have happened during a certain year and checked the shelves. He found what he was looking for, but just in case, he checked around for the eye. Times have changed, photos are old and small so it’s a bit difficult. LXY found some more info on a student that was brutally killed and wondered if that was what they were looking for. It wasn’t. MC tells them more specifics on what they should look for. More time pass. MC checks another archive and in the last page, saw that many of the people in the photo had no faces. Many teachers and students but half of them are missing; like they disappeared or something. Lin also made a similar discovery.

The three of them were able to make a few more understandings and connections. MC wonders if this means that those people are ones who died. A moment later, the lights from their phones suddenly went off and the entire room went dark, scaring the trio. It was too quiet. When MC moved, he noticed that Lin and LXY did not make any sound. In front of him, a black shadow appeared. MC only got a glimpse before it disappeared again. MC thinks that it’s the owner of the eye from earlier. MC’s flashlight was able to turn on again. Lin heard MC and was surprised. He tried to call out for MC but he didn’t respond. All three of them were separated by space and no one heard each other.

They then talk about the clues that they found. Suddenly, they hear footsteps outside. MC thinks that it might be the admins coming by and that they should leave soon. They leave and lock the room. Footsteps coming closer, the trio all leave book it out of there before the admin appeared in the corridor.

Chapter 10

When MC saw the admin appear, his heart skipped a beat. Clearly to other person is living yet the tension is bigger than when they meet the ghost time to time. If the protag was afraid of this, it would seem unreasonable.

Lin asks if the admin found them. MC responds no. MC, Lin and LXY make their way back up to the library and put the keys back to where they were. Before they left, MC looked back to see that the admin had just came back from the archival room. MC feels the life in a horror film should be feared everywhere(?). It’s like the evening at this point in time. They talk more on about what they had found out about the incident that happened a couple years ago. MC is holding onto one of the photos from the archive and they all converse a bit more about the deaths of the students in the photo. By the time they get back in the dorms, it’s night. Lin and MC’s other roommate ZR (mtl-ed as Zhou Ruian) asks where they were. Lin lies. ZR doesn’t believe him. MC went to wash up.

Lin and ZR talk. Lin finds out ZR didn’t go to class since there was an incident with a girl jumping off the school building. MC overhears this from the bathroom and thinks back to when he had heard something fall to the ground a couple while ago. Maybe it was that girl with the bloody mouth alongside LL and ZY.
    -------------------
    Back in the girl’s dorm, LXY is trying to sleep, her other roommate(?), CK (mtl-ed as Chen Ke) tells her that ZY was the one to propose the game, it’s not LXY’s fault. At first, LXY thought that the game would be fun, but know who knows what’ll happen. The two girls decide to go to bed. For lights, they just leave it on. They’ll just pay for the electricity bill.

LXY suddenly wakes up and see that the room is dark. She then sees CK open the door to the room to leave. LXY calls out to her. CK doesn’t respond. LXY immediately messages MC about this. He sees the message and knows that it’s another incident and that CK was one of the girls who participated in the chopsticks game. MC messages back LXY and has her follow CK but not to get too close. LXY oks it. She feels grateful to MC. MC and Lin also leaves the bed and runs out. MC sees CK and thinks back to ZY.
    --------------
    MC and Lin followed along to LXY’s messages into the female dormitory(?). The doors are all locked and are all covered with red paper. CK reaches the fourth floor with LXY following behind. MC and Lin soon meets up with her on the fourth floor. They suddenly hear a faint voice singing.

Lin is just "Is it possible for Chen to be sung by ghosts? Talent is good. Look at Liu Lili and Zhang Yuan. It’s really miserable. It’s too bad."

LXY and MC “… …”

6. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 11
    The song is getting closer but the more clearer it gets, the more blurred the lyrics get. LXY mentions that just like ZY, she tried calling out to CK but she didn't respond. As if they were being manipulated. LXY feels a layer of cold sweat. Lin tries to reassure her. The song continues on. After a while as they continued on, LXY points out the room that she thinks the song is coming from. Room is number 414. Using two 4's are commonly used in horror movies. MC basically thinks that all clues he received until now are a common practice in horror films. This old dormitory may give them some key clues. LXY is the heroine. She doesn't seem to affected by the passed few things and has been following things according to the script.

MC thinks that as long as the final secret is found, the finale is not far off. While there are red paper on the the lock of each door, room 414 has their's torn and thrown to the ground. MC picks up the red paper that's on the floor before he took to lead in entering the room. The song stopped and the scene in front of the trio scared them. A figure was hung up and dangling in front of them in the room. Like a piece of cloth fluttering in the wind. It was CK. Three hurry in bringing her down in case she was still alive. Spoiler alert, she's not. LL and ZY died by drowning but CK was hanged.

A completely different way of killing, plus the singing; it indicates that something about this is different from before. Lin is surprised by how she was able to sing. MC thinks that it was a different force singing. CK was laid on the ground. No one dared to move. The dorm is empty except for a bed and a couple of other things on top of it. Lin points out that something is wrong with the bed. MC checks the bed and sees a dark spot, liquid that dripped and solidified. There was also a bit of odor. MC frowns, believes that it is blood. He reached over and touched the middle of the bed and found that it was cracked. MC and Lin pulled the bed apart and a piece of paper suddenly fluttered down. MC quickly picks it up. Lin wonders what it is. It seems to be a birthday card. The things written in it looks like it was done by several different people. a teacher (mtl-ed as Chen) also participated with the card.

The dorm was quiet and a black shadow appeared(?) on the wall. MC and Lin are looking at the card so they don't notice anything. A hand touched MC's shoulder. The bitter cold flowed into his body, scaring MC into turning around and looking at LXY. All you see are the white of her eyes(?). Lin who saw knew nothing commented standing behind them is very scary. good(?). MC takes a step back and comments a bit on LXY's appearance. She is all completely white and looks like a ghost. Lin, scared, comments that she
    looks like she's gonna eat MC(?). LXY then opens her mouth at him as if she was going to bite him. MC remembers the red paper he kept, took it out and stuffed it into her open mouth. LXY's body shook like it was shocked and fell to the ground in a few seconds.
    The shadow appears and disappears. LXY snaps out of it and weakly asks what had happened. Lin said in a soft voice that she had just been possessed. Before LXY said anything, a crisp voice sounded, alerting the trio. A cabinet door besides the door suddenly opens, the sound quietly bouncy in the room. Lin and LXY doesn't dare move so MC gets up to check. He sees the bottom lattice door is half open. The insides are covered in black. MC raises his hand to his heart. He fears that there might be a human head inside. Luckily it was empty. But, there was a photo on the back of the door.

MC inspects the photo and sees a message on the back of the photo that reads 'best friends: Suya, Jiang Hui'. There are two girls smiling at the camera. Just as he was going to put the photo in his pocket, the two girls in the photo blinked(?) at him. MC almost tore the photo. He looked closely to see that the two girls were still smiling and that nothing else changed. One of the girls in the photo is the girl he saw at the stairs alongside LL and ZY.

A voice suddenly sounded next to MC's ears, 'are they so beautiful?' (my extremely vague translation of it).
    It's ML. MC didn't expect ML to follow him. MC looked around, not knowing where ML is.
    -----------------------------------
    (Copy paste of their little conversation)
    Soon, the cold finger touched his hand, followed his wrist, crossed his arm and came to the shoulder.

Su Shi subconsciously reached out and stopped the other's fingers.

Unexpectedly, I was arrested. "There is nothing to look at."

Su Shi said: "I just saw them blinking." He didn't feel that he had just seen the illusion.

The cold voice of Jing Xian: "It’s just two ghosts."

Su Shi: "...you too."

They are all ghosts, and there is such a dislike of others.
    ------------------------------
    Lin is wondering who MC is talking to. MC says that he is talking to himself. At the same time ML says that he wants to kiss MC.
    MC pushes at the air and asks what he's talking about. That said, ML still took the opportunity to go and kiss him on the upper lips(?). MC was shocked(suprised?) and was backed against the cold wall.

Lin see that MC has something in his hands, asks what it is. Doesn't receive a reply so he just takes it from MC's hand and was scared by the photo. MC takes the photo back. As they were talking about the photo, MC saw a black shadow under a decayed fan, hanging and dangling. It was also staring right at him.

Six more chapters to go before the university arc ends!!!

7. JuuHachi

JuuHachi Be My Glucose Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you great master ah!(๑òᆺó๑)ノ♡

Heungbo likes this.
  8. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I won’t have much time to type up the rest of the first arc until later this week! But I did read ahead a bit so I can spoil a few things based on what I understood so far.

1. Based on what I’ve read and understood, it seems that ML knew MC before the whole horror movie thing. ML is, I believe, a doctor? A professor? One of the two. He wants MC to call him Xiao Su in arc 5-6(?)
    2. MC received a ticket to a romance film as a reward for 100%-ing another horror movie. After debating for a bit, MC decides to check it out. One of the theater was there when MC took the virtual helmet off. MC's face way RED. Apparently ML followed him into the romance movie. Ghost-style that is. (too bad we don't get to see it)
    3. ML bridal(?) carried MC
    4. MC's two roommates tease him on about how he seems to attract ghosts
    5. There were these two female journalists(?) who watched one of MC's re-released movies to write a review on the movie. All they were able to focus on was MC and ML. So that's what they ended up writing their article on about.

Welp! this is all I can remember and understand of the story so far!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  9. mesoara

mesoara Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for sharing!!!!!! :aww::aww::aww::aww:

10. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you Shizun for the summon, and thanks to @Karry for the spoilers.
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine
    @iampsyx @insteadofdeath @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime
    @LaDyViL @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @rainbowturtle @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie
    @UpInTheAir
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro
    @324722

XD, maya_sov, Boinkers and 9 others like this.
  11. Inland

Inland Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is one of the most awesome bl horror I've ever read. Thanks for the spoilers and the poke.

Heungbo and Boinkers like this.
  12. LavenderBlizzard

LavenderBlizzard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my oh my.. so many BL recommendations. This one sounds interesting. But.....is it scary? I’m afraid of ghost wkwkwk. I tend to binge read a novel until midnight. If it’s scary, I think I just read it at noon hahaha....

Heungbo, Boinkers and AimieNam1003 like this.
  13. aresk

aresk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh god I'm hooked on this series, is it easy to mtl?

Heungbo and Boinkers like this.
  14. Rucce

Rucce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not that hard to MTL this. I'm still at the orphanage arc, half-way through the novel.
    Sometimes it's scary especially when you read this in the night time lol.
    Never thought someone will translate this :blobxd:

Heungbo, Boinkers and AimieNam1003 like this.
  15. AimieNam1003

AimieNam1003 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im afraid of horror 1st top list of my pobia/trauma but I try wish I wont have nightmare and while alone doing something dont imagine horror thing

16. cheerydandan

cheerydandan Casual Lurker, Professional Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't usually read ghost type horror but this is beckoning me. I am curious about ML though. Is he alive? Hmmmm I think I'll MTL this one !

Boinkers, AimieNam1003 and tak like this.
  17. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry guys. I said I was going to finish with the spoilers but ugh school.sobs.:blob_teary:

As an I'm Sorry, since I finished reading it, excluding the extra, I'll spoil what I can.
    It turns out that MC got hypnotized by someone his mom hired which made him forget who ML was.
    They met when they were much younger and, since I couldn't understand much through mtl-ing it feel free to correct me on this please, MC's mom saw MC talking to something in thin air (ML) and looked like he was getting 'his spirit sucked away' or something like that that she forcefully removed ML from his mind. I think ML had some sort of strong mental power or something which is why I guess he was able to appear in front of MC in a ghost-like appearance.

Near the end of the story, after MC finished another horror movie, when he left the theater room, one of the employees handed MC a bouquet of flowers (roses I believe) with a ticket to a movie. It was basically about their past and stuff. ML also appeared in front of MC in person for the first time after the movie finished.

In one of the arcs (ghost ship arc), MC's younger, female cousin(?) wanted to go to experience a horror film with MC. MC reluctantly said yes. They were brother and sister in the movie, she being de-aged to like 9 years old. She basically wanted to help MC with his love life. I'm getting a bit off topic here.

There was a scene where they were all in the ballroom eating and dancing. If I remember this scene correctly, a woman came up to MC, asking for a dance. Turns out that woman was ML. MC was staring at ML's boobs and ML asked him if he liked them.

They met again later in the corridor next to MC's room. MC was talking something about no hanky panky with ML since he with his daughter (his cousin). ML of course doesn't buy that but then MC's cousin sudden shouts out 'DAD' to MC. LOL
    I know I'm not explaining this well but I will say that it was hilarious.

Of all the arcs, the prison arc was one of the longest ones.

I hope this makes up for me not finishing the spoilers for the first arc!!!:sweating_profusely: If anything I can try to finish it when I get the time!

18. JuuHachi

JuuHachi Be My Glucose Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    If i can wait for the 3 min for my noodles to cook I can wait for you master @Karry

19. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    So was it an actual horror movie, or a romance-horror movie lol~~ or maybe it just changed because of ML.

20. aNonYm0U5

aNonYm0U5 I’ll do it tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoil pls.

what is this orphanage arc?~ I wanna know the spoiler~~~ It smells yummy~

Heungbo likes this.