Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Receptionist's Desk

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by AliceShiki, Jan 28, 2019.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Bleh, I can't make one right tag?

*pokes @Haitaka* ))

2. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Last note aside, this big amount of undead being seen outside the caves seen rather troublesome... Good thing we have our local hero to reduce their numbers however~ *giggles*

Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come... In any case, I'm sure Vandrin-san will be happy with the result.

The rewards are 7 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points.

Take care now Jack-san, I'd recommend resting to recover your arm, but... Gods know you aren't one to rest, be careful out there.

((*pokes @Haitaka too*))

3. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, this was the most unique way of handling the quest I heard of so far. Great choice~

A shame you lost the match, though I'm truly amazing you were able to do it in 5 minutes, I'd probably need a whole hour to do the same...

On the plus side, Razer only wanted to play around, so you didn't need to win in order to get a reward, so please take 4 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points too~

Take care now, be sure to not drink too much next time~

wraith likes this.
  4. Arexio

Arexio Blob Fanatic | AG Player

Reading List:
    Link
    "I've completed Mr. Vandrin's request."

Ryul said as he twirled an ugly-looking dagger in his hands.

Ryul already had 2 Fly Amanita Caps back at his inn room, so he went ahead and grabbed them before figuring out how to obtain at least one more. He grabbed the two shrooms, along other herbs, last time when he went out collecting the poisonous Wolfsbane for Mr. Jack's request.

He could just go back to the same place again as it was only a few days away on foot, but he also thought it was a bit of a waste of time to go all the way there just for one mushroom.

Ryul was going to cheat a little. Plus, he was smart and still a bit wary of the kobolds around that area. One of them had given him a nasty burn on his back, and he suffered through that pain for a while as he had kept it unhealed for an apprentice healer to practice on.

The half-elf walked down towards Nagrand's marketplace instead of out of its gates and hoped to find what he was looking for. Ryul only needed a single Fly Amanita Cap.

. . .
    It was a bit pricy.

1 whole Large Copper for a single red mushroom. Normally, that was an entire week at a cheap inn. Or about two dozen days of cheap meals if you're smart about it. All were equivalent to one single Cap.

The scholar blamed an increase in prices for herbalist products due to the festival incident and the higher demand for anything that can assist with quicker recovery; there were many who were still injured.

Ryul sighed the whole time as he made the purchase. He knew 1 LC wasn't that much all things considered. He was just being a bit miserly now that his main source of income comes from infrequent adventurer work. It was a very unstable and dangerous line of work.

"Are you sure you are not willing to go any lower?" Ryul asked once more even though he already knew the answer.

"Listen. I know you're trying to haggle with me, but it's just 1 freakin' Large Copper. Y'know, if you're not gonna buy it, then just leave already. I've got more customers waiting in line behind you," the herbalist at the stall ranted at the half-elf for wasting her time.

Ryul ended up giving in anyway. He was the one that needed the Fly Amanita Cap. Oh well. In the end, it wasn't really that costly at all. A bit overpriced more so than usual is all.

. . .
    Almost back at the Guild, Ryul felt a strong shove from his left. He looked to his side but ended up not being able to identify who in the crowd performed such a rude action.

Then, it hit him. The scholar turned around to his right this time and saw a black cloak quickly dart into a nearby alley. Just to be sure, Ryul checked his waist for his money pouch.

"Fuck!" Ryul cursed at the sly thief.

He bolted to the entrance of the alleyway, heading straight in, weaving through old crates, parkour-ing around corners and over small walls. Finally, Ryul ended up being close enough to the pickpocket, so he nabbed an empty bottle from the top of a box and tossed it aiming for the man's head.

The bottle missed its intended target but nailed him in the shoulder instead. Not surprisingly, the thief lost his balance and began to forward towards the ground after the hit. Ryul closed the distance, gave a harsh punch to his middle back, knocking the wind out of him, and put the stranger into a chokehold, causing the man to pass out.

The half-elf took the time the man was unconscious to rifle through his belongings, grab his pouch back, and searched for anything else that was valuable. There was only some moldy bread and an old rusty dagger that was hardly of any use. He played with the small blade in his hands as the thief began to wake up again.

"Let's have a visit to the closest guard station, no?" Ryul flashed his eyes red as he did this, taking advantage of his corrupted nature energy.

The thief felt a chill down his spine as he didn't really have much of a choice. Ryul casually "directed" the man with his own rusty dagger too. The pickpocket didn't know whether to laugh or cry about his situation as they made their way to the guards.

. . .
    Ryul smirked as he entered the doors of the Adventurer's Guild. It had been a quick trip to the market and back. And there was only that little accident which he easily took care of.

He played with an old rusty dagger as he approached the desk.

- Turning in 3 Fly Amanita Caps
    - Ryul had a little shopping trip
    - Ryul likes his useless rusty dagger

OOC: @AliceShiki

Razogul likes this.
  5. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Fly Amanita Caps... I do know where it is found and it is not too difficult to find. We can even get 6 Large Copper for 3 caps! Honestly I think this is a steal!" Herst merrily shouted. "However, I wonder how Fly Amanita Caps will be used for crafting potions? Those caps are more known to be ingredients for a insecticide..."
    For once, Zoan's conspiracy theory soul didn't trigger, as he said: "Perhaps Vandrin is suffering from a bunch of flies and uses the quest as a way to harvest the ingredients? Either way, this quest should be easy to do. Herst, where are the caps commonly found?"
    "Right away, sir. It is found in the same forest we went to last time. Should we go with caution than haste, then we should be able to avoid all problems!"
    "Hm... Alright. Let us proceed."

At the entrance of the forest, Zoan stopped walking for a moment to take a look at the scenery. There is a plain behind him, and suddenly a forest is in front of him. He wonders whether there are lumberjacks who keeps the forest to a manageable size, or whether it is simply part of nature. Herst on the other hand, was simply confused why his employer stopped, but decided to not say anything as he sensed no danger from the vicinity.
    Ten minutes inside the forest, and the two have already found a set of two caps. "Well then. This seems awfully simple," Zoan said. He looked around once again. Still no enemy to be found. "Is there something amiss, sir?" Herst asked, as this was the second time his employer had abruptly stopped walking to see the surroundings. "Hm... I feel as if this is odd. We are near the Caves of the Dead, yet we have yet to see any undead last time."
    "Then it means that we were lucky, no? Sir, if you desire for a battle, then you could ask me to spar with you?"
    "I thought you did not want to fight?"
    "Correct. When it comes to life and death, then I will choose life without a shred of doubt. However, a spar does not have to be life-threatening, yes?"
    "Mm... Alright. Let's spar after this quest, and thank you for the offer."
    "Understood, sir."

Walking further south, the two finally encountered an undead. Two undead, even. "A skeleton and a zombie... What a coincidence. I was just looking for you!" Zoan rushed towards the skeleton, and reverse grasped its neck. As if pulling out a sword in stone, Zoan raised the skeleton up high and smashed it down towards the zombie. Afterwards, he took his club prepared by Herst, and began to smash the two undead to smithereens. After he was done, there was nothing left but clumps of meat and bone fragments.
    "Well done, sir! Would you like some refreshments?"
    "Haa Haa... Yes. You too. Let's rest."

Zoan didn't need to eat. To be more specific, he didn't need to buy food as he eats his spoils from hunting. Because he eats them raw, he has gotten a resistance when it comes to diseases too. This is, of course, after months of stupidly eating raw meat, and getting diarrhea and fevers. No doctor would be surprised if he has harmful parasites living in his body, and Zoan will probably regret this in the far, far future, but that is only when he is able to live that long.
    The refreshments were two sets of rations bought for a large copper coin. The price was at its cheapest, but it was rather soft and thus tasty when compared to breads that are as hard as rocks. The two ate their meal, drink water, and continued the search for their third Fly Amanita Cap after burying the zombie's and skeleton's remains.

After a good 15 minutes search, the two finally found the last cap. Along the way, Zoan also found more Blood Lilies and plucked two of them for souvenirs, before going back to the Adventurer's Guild.

@AliceShiki

6. Unreachable Hope

Unreachable Hope Unspecified, Wandering and Doubtful Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @AliceShiki
    After seeing the quest, Cinis felt rather perplexed and thought about where he would find those Blood Lilies, he will just take a dozen of them, first, he went to the market and bought a kilo of carrots for around 15 Small Copper Coins, later on, he will use them to train Odio. Thus, he left Nagrand towards the South, according to his knowledge, he should find blood lillies in mountainous fields, he just need to cross the river, to arrive near the mountain and then search around if there are any blood lilies, sounds easy enough.
    Especially since he has a horse.

One day later, Cinis is arrived at the mountains with his horse, while he was feeding him with casual food that came on the road, since he bought carrots, he decided to start the training. First, he found a quiet place, and he began to call his horse loudly.
    "Odio!", it still didn't recognize its name, having a carrot cut in two, Cinis showed it to the horse and waited for its reaction, nothing happened, it was there, then after a while, it approached after seeing the carrot. However, Cinis stayed quiet and didn't give it to me, quickly, it went away and let Cinis does his thing. A bit later, the horse heard the voice of his rider: "Odio.", since this voice came from someone who had food and feeded it regularly, it came, quite slowly.

"Odio.", he called it a third time, then, it approached him. The adventurer gave the food destined to the horse, he caressed its mane and said as he patted the horse's cheek after rubbing it.
    "Good boy, that's great, you did a good job."

Seeing that he has sixteen carrots, he thought that he could do this for one month, until the day that the horse understands that Odio is his name. Since it was done, he will have to search for the blood lilies now, they grow up in chilly conditions, as long as the weather is clear, everything's fine. He looked around and saw that between two rocks, there was one blood lily, being careful, he cut it and put it in his basket. A second one was found, it was there, between the roots of a tree, two were then found, half buried by snow…

Five left he thought before drawing his crossbow and shooting behind him, a shadow quickly sidestepped and the bolt sank into the snow. Quickly, it exclaimed as it made its appearance, it was the soldier. Him, he saw him yesterday, during his previous quest.
    “Wheesh! That was near, just a second and I was dead, aren't you way too eager to kill me? Am I not a fellow disciple?”, ah, right, it was him, when Cinis was training under a martial art master hired by his father, there were a few people that were also his pupils. It looks like their training has succeeded, wearing an armor of this kind, cheap but light and resistant enough. So, now he found an official job and is working for his progenitor? Great.

“What was your name… trash, waste, failure or…”, of course, he was acting as if he did not know when he did, he was just provoking him. The half-elf gave to each of them nickname, he remembered that he nicknamed the one in front of him “waste of air”, quite unoriginal but he did not deserve a proper nickname as most of them viewed Cinis in a bad light, first due to his father, second to his race, third to his attitude.

“You [redacted.] bastard of faker, of demi-human!”, couldn't he be a bit more subtle? Especially in a place where the non-humans discrimination is really, really rare. Loading his crossbow, Cinis stayed quiet as his opponent continued to walk toward him, the arms stretched, holding a letter in his right hand.
    “Anyway, I will just leave you a letter. It's from your father, I hope…”, the half-elf just launched another bolt but the waste of air ran away before finishing his sentence, despite everything, he still had a bit of common sense. It meant that he will have to be ready for the incoming threat, literally, the presence of this soldier was just a warning, next time, if he does not do what is ordonned in the letter, it will be an assault, an assassination, it could be anything. As long as it endangers him, it could be anything. Well, it still was not sure, he did not read the letter, but it could be something along those lines.

“Very reassuring indeed.”, instead of lollygagging, Cinis decided to quickly finish his quest, to quickly get back to Nagrand and to prepare himself to his next quest, after reading the letter that is. That is not gonna end well, for sure.
    Hours later, after searching with ease, Cinis finally found the five left Blood Lily, no, even six, it made ten in total. All of them grew in some eccentric place, in a bush, under an animal corpse, how relieving when you know the name of the plant, there was also one who grew in a hole…. it was quite strange but easy to spot them thank to their red color.

“Let’s go back to Nagrand.”
    + Met an acquaintance, opinion on him is biased. He went away really quickly due to Cinis' crossbow.
    + Bought a kilo of carrots, so around 16 normally.
    "Aria, I am back. Anyway, it went rather well, have some personal issues but it should be solved later on, no need to worry about that.", Cinis said after handing his report. While what he said might be doubtful, it was still fine.

7. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Task: Gather Fly Amanita Caps [Taken by @Razogul] [Taken by @Haxagen] [Taken by @Zone Q11] [Taken by @Haitaka] [Available]
    Requester: Vandrin
    Quest rank: E
    Rewards: 6 Large Copper Coins
    Description: Vandrin is in need of more alchemic materials for the sake of continuing his studies and craft. For that he needs at least 3 Fly Amanita Caps. Please be sure to bring them in good state as he needs them for the potioncraft.
    This quest can be taken up to 5 times throughout this week, though only once per adventurer.

A gourd bounced back into the guild, carrying several different sacks with him. It contained mushrooms.

"Anyone need a deathcap?"

Brands were most definitely cheating, especially when there's nothing that could swoop down and eat you during the travel. Several Dart usage sent him about three kilometers deep into the woods at the outskirt of Nagrand, he'd spend his time gathering all manner of mushrooms - not only the requested flys, that'd be a colossal waste of opportunity.

Armed with several sacks bought for cheap, a gourd-shaped apocalypse descended on the local mushroom populace. He did left the youngs, but anything slightly large was fair game as far as he's concerned. Nobody went this deep regularly anyway, they'd regrow within a few weeks.

"Fly amanita, rainbow, rainbow, puffball, more rainbow, fly, whites..."

Thirty minutes later, the gourd had roughly three groups of mushrooms - the brightly colored fly amanitas and its lookalikes, rainbow colored shrooms that could be either the delicious truffle or psychedellic dreamstress, and finally an inconspicuous white group whose majority should be delicious but at the same time hid the very lethal deathcaps.

The first two group was simple enough, he sliced small bits of each and taste it. Into the smaller sacks they go, separated based on function. Then finally it's the plain white mushrooms. That needed more care.

The puffballs were the easiest, slice them vertically and see the shape. Puffballs were circular instead of merely covered by membranes. Then he carefully inspected the color, shape, and the smell. He's not audacious enough to mess with deathcaps.

"Got you, murderous little bastard."

He separated the three inconspicuous shrooms, slightly green or brown with vague smell of rose. They'd actually taste quite pleasant, but also irreversibly brings death within a week to a month.

Carefully separating and storing the harvest, the gourd slowly made his way back to town. He's in a surprisingly good mood today.
    -Got a dozen fly amanita. Turned in four.
    -The rest, along with the rainbow dreamstress, are to be turned for recreational herbs.
    -A bunch of edible shrooms. Would make soup soon.
    -Got three deathcaps, if anyone's interested.
    @AliceShiki

8. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    Task: Gather Fly Amanita Caps [Taken by @Razogul] [Taken by @Haxagen] [Taken by @Zone Q11] [Taken by @Arexio] [Taken by @A5G_Reaper]
    Requester: @Vandrin
    Rewards: 6 Large Copper Coins
    Description: Vandrin is in need of more alchemic materials for the sake of continuing his studies and craft. For that he needs at least 3 Fly Amanita Caps. Please be sure to bring them in good state as he needs them for the potioncraft.
    This quest can be taken up to 5 times throughout this week, though only once per adventurer.

Back at the guild, Raz puts his brown sack on the table and says, "I got three of the caps and made sure they were in good condition. They're in the sack."
    "Collecting mushrooms again. It looks like this will be an easy quest," saying this in confidence, he then says, "Hopefully, they're still in that same place like last time."

Not noticing he jinxed himself, he prepares his equipment and starts going off towards the forest.

Not long after, Raz reaches the forest and tries to follow the same path as last time. Shortly after traversing the environment, he spots the same location they gathered them before.

However, it seems like there are no mushrooms there after searching for a few minutes. Sighing, he talks to himself, "Seems like this is a dead end. I guess I should go in a different direction and see if I can find more."

Turning to another direction, he starts traveling west for a while. This turns fruitless, however.

"Still nothing, what a pain."

Deciding to go to yet another direction, he travels for another hour inside, going deeper into the forest in the process. His efforts weren't in vain as he soon found some mushrooms growing by a rock, covered in vines.

Relieved that he found them, he then starts collecting them, making sure to only cut off the caps. Making sure not to damage them, he eventually gets three of them in great condition.

"Now that I have the mushroom caps, I guess I can train in the meantime. Moving around in a forest could prove useful due to the obstacles."

After finding a suitable area, Raz starts sprinting, jumping, and turning at the last moment. This turns out to be effective after almost a whole day passed. He did not notice it was late until his stomach started growling.

Hearing his stomach, he notices he was too focused and didn't eat anything.

"I should go and turn in the quest. I feel like I made some progress today."

Picking up his brown sack he started going home. Trying to find his way back, he feels like something is watching him in the forest. Not having a good feeling about it, he starts sprinting and using his Ki to assist him.

A while later, Raz gets out of the forest and thinks, "What was that? I don't know what would've happened if I stayed in there. Thankfully, I got out in time!"

Out of the situation, Raz goes to the guild to hand in the mushroom caps he got from the forest. Remembering what happened, he decided to also inform them of what he experienced.
    @AliceShiki

9. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    Task: Nooo! My son! [Taken by @Zero300]
    Requester: Sirla, Gromak's mother
    Rewards: 7 Large Copper Coins
    Description: Once, Gromak's fervor upon the adventurers was calmed down when someone tricked him and told him lies about some legends... after seeing the fight between a golem and the heroic adventurers, Gromak has been overexcited and wish to become an adventurer, a hero or so he said! Please dissuade him from wasting his life!

Zinc arrived at the house of Sirla and her child – Gromak. The doctor knocked on the wooden door and was soon greeted by a middle-aged woman. The woman looked up at Zinc suspiciously and asked what he wanted. Zinc flashed a gentle smile before holding up the quest he had decided to take.

“Ma’am, didn’t you post a quest today about your son? I’m here to solve your problem.” Zinc replied.

“Really? That’s great! Please, please come in.” Sirla smiled widely as she opened the door wide and beckoned for the dwelf to enter. “Ever since Gromak saw a group of adventurers defeat a stone golem, he’s been fascinated about being an adventurer himself. I don’t mean any disrespect but please persuade him that adventuring is not a stable job. Please show him that it is not his calling.”

“No offense taken. I know the dangers of adventuring and the hardships of earning good money. No worries, if Gromak truly doesn’t have what it takes to be an adventurer, then I’ll do my best to dissuade him.” Zinc smiled as he spotted young Gromak swing a wooden sword in the backyard.

“Thank you so much. I’ll be in the kitchen. If you need me, please ask.” Sirla bowed in gratitude as she moved into the kitchen to check on the oven.

Zinc walked out the backdoor towards the young boy who was practicing his sword. Judging by his swings, Zinc could tell that Gromak had no prior training and that he was just swinging about randomly. When the young boy saw Zinc walked up to him, he drew his sword close as he stared at the doctor vigilantly.

“W-Who are you mister?” Gromak asked after a brief pause.

“My name is Zinc. I’m an adventurer.” The dwelf responded with a smile.

“Did mother asked you to come and persuade me to give up adventuring?”

“Yes.”

“Hmph! I’ll tell you…I’m never going to give it up!”

“Why not? Is it because it’s cool?”

“Yes! Ever since I saw that swordsman cleave that golem in half, it has been forever engraved into my mind…that coolness…that aura. When I saw that, I vowed to my self that someday…I want to be that great!” Gromak exclaimed as he clinched his fist in excitement.

“And so here you are…training to be that great?” Zinc gave the boy an once-over.

“That’s right. And I gotta say…I’m pretty good at it.”

“Oh? Is that so? How can you tell?”

“Just yesterday, I fought off a goblin with my wooden sword. If I had a real one, that goblin would have been dead.” Gromak replied as he brandished his sword.

“Goblin eh? Do you think goblins are one of the weakest monsters?”

“Naturally! They’re even shorter than me and their arms are so scrawny. Even if they have weapons, they could only obtain wooden ones at best.”

“I see. Say, what to come with me on a little adventure?” Zinc suddenly suggested.

“Really? Sure! What are we hunting?” Gromak clapped his hands in excitement.

“Goblins.”

“Goblins? Ehh? But they’re weak.”

“We’ll see about that. Anyways, you coming or not?”

“I am! I am! But mother….”

“No worries, I’ll persuade her to let you come with me.”

“Awesome!”

Zinc walked back inside and noticed that Sirla had just brought out a fresh baked pie. Sirla looked over and asked. “Do you want some pie?”

“That sounds good.” Zinc nodded as he took a seat.

Sirla handed the dwelf a slice of what looks to be blueberry pie and asked him. “So, did you manage to dissuade Gromak? Will he give up adventuring?”

“Not yet. But I will soon with your permission. Mhmm! Delicious!” Zinc beamed with satisfaction while he took a bite of the pie.

“My permission? For what?”

“I want to take him to one of my adventures.”

“No! Absolutely not! You’re supposed to help dissuade my son, not take him adventuring! Out…get out of my house!”

“Wait! You misunderstand me. Right now, your kid is overconfident in himself. He claims that he had defeated some goblins. My purpose of taking him with me for an adventure is to show him the reality and hardships he will have to suffer. Only that, will I be able to dissuade him from any further thoughts on adventuring.”

“This…fine. I see some logic in your explanation. I…For my son’s sake, I trust you this one time.”

“Great. Then, it’s settled. Don’t worry, I’ll take good care of him.”

After finishing the pie, Zinc notified Gromak of the situation. After getting Gromak some basic equipment suitable for an E-ranked adventurer, the duo set off for the city gates. Zinc decided to take Gromak west of the city where a small goblin nest was discovered not long ago. Along the way, Zinc explained to the young boy what was to be expected when taking on a quest.

“Now, for a beginner like you, a typical E-ranked quest involving goblins would be eradicating a nest or defeating a goblin camp. This is different from your one or two goblin fights. What we’re dealing are 10 maybe 20 goblins. And since it’s an E-ranked quest, you’re expected to complete it alone.”

“10…20…100, easy! They’re still just goblins.” Gromak boasted as he swung his new sword to test its feel.

“Even 100?”

“Okay, maybe not 100 but 20 goblins is still an easy task in my opinion.”

“Well, in my opinion, you won’t last against 5 of them.”

“Five? That’s easy! I bet I can last against 10.”

“If you can take on five of them at a time, then I’ll personally persuade your mother to let you become an adventurer.” Zinc chuckled but he soon showed a serious face. “However, if you cannot take on five of them without my help, then you must give up on adventuring. Deal?”

“This….” Gromak hesitated as he weighed the options.

Before letting the boy speak, Zinc sneered. “What? Didn’t you say you could handle 10 of them? Now, you can’t even handle five? How can you be an adventurer when you have no confidence or ability to back it up?”

“You’re on! Five it is! At the end of this, you can’t go back on your word.”

“Haha, same to you.”

The duo shook each other’s hands in agreement as a verbal contract was formed. Soon, they arrived at the entrance of a small cave. Gromak looked into the dark depths and murmured. “I-Is this where the goblin nest is?”

“Quiet.” Zinc held a finger to his lips. “The goblins can smell fear and you’re filled with it.”

Gromak gulped as he nervously clamped his mouth shut with both hands. Zinc smiled at the little boy’s action and dragged the boy into the cave. As they ventured deeper into the cave, Zinc briefed the young boy on things he needed to know such as looking out for totems which could denote the presence of a shaman or mage as well as paying close attention to hidden pathways which could spring out a number of goblins that surround them if they’re not too careful.

Luckily for them, they did not encounter such things. As the two made their way deeper, they came upon a large cavern. Laying on the floors below were close to 15 goblins either sleeping or eating. Gromak took one look at the goblins and murmured in panic.

“Why are they so strong looking? There’s even some that are about the same height as me! And their weapons. They’re all made from iron! T-This isn’t like what I had heard. This isn’t like what I had heard!”

“Quiet! Do you want to alert them of our presence?” Zinc smacked the young boy on the back of his head. “This is reality. Any beginner adventurer must deal with this sooner or later. The same will go for you. Now, let’s get ready.”

“R-Ready for what?” Gromak murmured as his legs felt like they could give way any minute.

“To fight of course. Did you forget our bet? Look, take on those five over there and leave the rest to me.”

Zinc reached over to his bag and pulled out a small container. When he opened it, a centipede slithered out. It was Arsenic. Zinc held Arsenic close and whispered. “See those 10 goblins eating near the fire? Poison their food and don’t get caught. Understood?”

The centipede nodded his head after listening to Zinc’s commands. It then crawled away. Minutes later, it returned. The centipede gave Zinc a short nod indicating that he had completed his mission. It did not take long until Arsenic’s poison took effect. Arsenic had just returned to Zinc when all 10 goblins grabbed their stomachs in pain before perishing. All that was left were the five that were asleep. Of course, because of the commotion, the five goblins were no longer asleep but rather cautiously searching for the enemy.

Without giving the young boy a chance to prepare himself, Zinc pushed Gromak out in the open. This sudden movement attracted all five pairs of eyes onto him. Helplessly, the young boy raised his sword and prepared for battle.

“It’s just goblins…nothing more.” Gromak murmured to himself as he tried to boost his confidence.

The young boy charged at one of the goblins and swung down with all his strength. However, the goblin grabbed a handful of sand and threw it at Gromak. The boy flinched and tried his best to avoid but the sand splattered into his mouth, sending him into a coughing fit. Before he could recover, another goblin jumped out and swung its club at him. The club smashed into his side, knocking the air out of Gromak. As the boy stumbled, he glanced up in fear just as a third goblin aimed a spear at his throat.

The only words he could utter in his state of panic was…help me. In response, Zinc flung out a couple of acupuncture needles which pierced into three goblins’ heads and instantly ending their miserable lives. The needles had accurately pierced into the goblins’ hindbrains, leading to instant brain death. Before the other two goblins could understand what was going on, the doctor rushed towards them with his Horse-Slaying Blade and cleaved both in half with one horizontal swing.

The battle ended quickly. If others saw the way Zinc handled the goblins, they would have thought it was very cool. However, for little Gromak, he was too stricken fear to notice. When he finally came to his senses, the young boy grimaced and looked sheepishly at Zinc. The dwelf smiled at the boy and asked.

“Now, do you know that adventuring is no joke? Just because you killed a couple of stragglers, doesn’t mean you are cut out for becoming an adventurer. It’s best if you give up and try another profession.”

Gromak rubbed the tip of his nose and remarked. “B-But if it’s so dangerous, why did you become an adventurer?”

“To help people of course. Before I am an adventurer, I am a doctor. Almost all adventurers either have another profession or they’re extremely good at combat. From what I can tell with you, you aren’t that good at fighting…you just got a bit of strength. Look…if you really want to become an adventurer, you should at least learn a different profession first before you venture towards that topic. What say you?”

“What other profession can I do? I’m not that smart so I can’t be a doctor like you.”

“Don’t you have strength? Why not try blacksmithing? Not only will you be able to make and repair weapons and armor, you will also be able to increase your strength by at least double. And if you still want to become an adventurer after you learned your trade…well, by that time, you’re already a young adult and can make your own decisions.”

“Okay. I understand.”

“That’s good. Come, let me check your injuries and then, we can head on home. Your mother must be extremely worried about you.”

“Ehm.”

After treating Gromak’s minor bruises, Zinc sent the young boy home. Sirla, upon hearing the boy’s decision to learn blacksmithing instead of going on adventures, was very happy about it and thanked Zinc profusely. Having completed his task, Zinc headed back to the guild to submit his report.

Tagged Receptionist:
    @AliceShiki

Arexio and Zone Q11 like this.
  10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Yanno... Considering that Vandrin-san is paying 6 Large Copper for 3 of those, I think a single Large Copper for one was quite the bargain~

Well, a job done is a job done, thanks for your hard work, the reward will be 6 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points~

Take care now~

((*pokes @Haitaka too*))

11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Good job out there Zoan-san, prices are a bit high because of how needed those materials are for Health Potions, so it can't be helped~

The rewards are 6 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points. Take care now~

Zone Q11 likes this.
  12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    ((*pokes @Haitaka too*))

Zone Q11 likes this.
  13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad you were able to fetch them without much trouble, though... Well, I hope things don't turn out for the worst I guess, wouldn't want things to go badly for you after all.

I'd like to say you would be safe for as long as you remained in Nagrand as we would protect you and what not, but... Heavens know how false that is, so please take care of yourself instead.

The rewards are 7 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points~

Good luck out there Cinis-san, you seem to need it...

((*pokes @Haitaka too*))

Unreachable Hope likes this.
  14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, not much to say here, just good job I guess~?

The rewards are 6 Large Copper and 4 Guild Points... Take care Jack-san~

((*pokes @Haitaka too*))

15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the warning Raz-san, but there isn't anything the guild can do about you having a mysterious feeling over something that happened in the forest, we can only hope it's just you overthinking things.

The rewards are 6 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points, take care now~

((*pokes @Haitaka too*))

Razogul likes this.
  16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    15 Goblins with Iron Weapons? Must be the group that was getting closer to Dagon's Dungeon... If you remembered to collect their ears, you can safely bring them to Lakeside Village to get a few copper as reward for the current Goblin Bounty~

And... Thank you very much for handling this request Zinc-san, untrained people registering as adventurers usually mean a death sentence for them... I'm glad you could avoid even one of those deaths.

The reward is of 7 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points~

Take care now~

Razogul and Zone Q11 like this.
  17. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    A strange, blue-haired, mustachioed man stumbles towards the desk to hand in his report.

"I, uh, I managed to win," he states.
    “Just so you know, this game is more fun with more people,” Arawn tells Razer. “If you are willing, I’d like to invite more people to the game.”

The priest assents, and soon, the pair is joined by four other men. Arawn looks around at the other participants over the round table they are seated at. He places a deck of white cards on the table, face down.

“There is only two rules to this game. A card can be played to anyone and everyone in this game. Anything that is on the card goes. No matter what it says,” he states solemnly. “There’s no backing out. Will you play?”

The other men assent, rather confused by Arawn’s strange behavior. Seeing this, Arawn takes a deep breath.

“I’ll go first…” he says as he reaches for a card. Pulling one from the deck, he takes a look and sighs in relief. He places it on the table , face up, for the others to read.

“Fell down the stairs and broke your ankle. Minus thirty points. I’ll play this for you, Razer.”

The priest clicks his tongue.

“So this is how it works, huh?” he mutters. “Well, no matter. With a game like this, I’ll win in no time. Now it’s my turn...”

Razer pulls a card as well.

“Learned how to speak to dogs. Plus fifty points,” he reads. “Heh. I’ll play this for myself. That takes me up to twenty points.”

The other men take their turns, adding and subtracting points to various people as they go. Soon enough, Razer has the highest amount of points, with Arawn next, followed by the nameless mobs.

Now it’s Jorge’s turn again, the recently-named mob pulling a card once more. He reads it and blinks in confusion.

“What does it say?” Razer asks. “Hurry up and show us.”

Jorge places the card on the table so the others can read it.

“...Huh?” Razer says, stunned. “Sudden cat attack, lose two articles of clothes?!”

“Ah,” Arawn exclaims. “You were lucky that you picked this car, Jorge. Now you decide who it is applied to.”

Jorge looks around the table quickly, before finally deciding on Razer. The priest splutters indignantly.

“Y-You must be joking, right?! There’s no way you’d actually expect me to do this! There’s no points anyways!” he cries out, turning to Arawn. The young hunter simply smiles at him.

“Anything that is on the card goes,” he repeats. “Strip.”

The priest begins to undress dully, still shocked by the card. The game continues as he does so, with the cards becoming increasingly stranger.

“Revenge of the killer bunnies, drink three pints of ale in under a minute.”

“Divine retribution, shave of all your hair off.”

“Secret tryst with a mermaid, pretend to be a fish for seven minutes.”

“Mugged by a dragon, lose 394.78 points.”

“Receive a revelation from the gods, gain heroic attribute.”

“Fail divine mission, lose heroic attribute.”

“Be a virgin for thirty years, become a wizard.”

“Magical experiment gone wrong, turn both hands into feet.”

“Magical experiment gone right, replace genitals with those of a horse.”

“Horse dong drives away prospective partners, binge drink thirteen pints of ale in sadness.”

“Want to become a professional dancer, breakdance in the middle of the room.”

“Make out with the barkeep, gain a disease.”

“Gamble all your money away, join the circus.”

_________

The game continues with various nonsensical cards being played until the deck ran out. At this point, most of the players are at least half naked and very drunk. Arawn himself has bright blue hair and a false moustache attached to his face. He surveys the men impassively, being the only (mostly) sober one left. With a groan, he rises from his seat and begins to pick up the cards. As he is doing so he is stopped by a sudden cry.

“Wait!” Razer yells out. The priest grips the edge of the table and lifts himself from the ground. He stares at Arawn before declaring, “I won. I have thirteen points left.That means I won.”

Arawn blinks at him in confusion before replying.

“Huh? What do points have to do with anything?” he asks. “I didn’t say anything about points. The last one standing wins.”

Arawn leaves the tavern, only staggering back and forth slightly, as the priest falls to the floor behind him, practically foaming at the mouth.
    @AliceShiki

Arexio, Zone Q11 and AliceShiki like this.
  18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *starts giggling as she finishes reading the report* Well... This is certainly an unusual way of defeating a card Priest~

Well, we got not complaints from the requester, so I count this a job well done~

The rewards are 4 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points~

Take care now, be careful to not fall on something, walking around drunk is not advisable~

19. strikegunner

strikegunner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Here the report and 14 goblin ears. Oh. I also want to exchange large copper to silver coin"
    *placed bag of 100 LCC on the desk*

Picking up his repaired equipment from Asgith’s Blacksmith, Fen heads east to gather blood lily on the mountain range. He set the first destination to Flaminis village for lodging and goblin substitution.

In next morning, he borrowing a tool from hobgoblin that takes care of managing crops in the granary.

((I know we don’t have other weapons to fight in are with limited space but why a broom?))

“I got my own plan.” strolling in the forest for few minutes following a trail from small footprints on the ground. “We’ve found it.”

A cave entrance that only fit two men at one time is guarded by two goblins. Both equip copper breastplate, one with spear and another with a bow.

“Shia, leg.” with two words Shia cover Fen’s right leg to enhance his jump strength. Dashing to the goblin with spear that is looking away to another side, he cut its head cleanly. Then, he grabs another goblin’s neck and stabs it with a wooden spike in its eyes repeatedly until it stops struggling.

“Alright, proceed to stop two. We have to finish it before more goblins come out.” Fen gathers the leaves and branches on the ground in front of the cave entrance. He uses vines to tie long branches together to form a shield that larger than cave entrance.

“Phase two completed.” He lays some dried leaves and light up the fire. He blocks the cave entrance leaving a gap to feed remaining leaves and sticks to the fire.

((So we gonna have smoked goblin for dinner?))

“You’re funny” When the cave entrance filled with leaves the first stack start smoking, he seals the entrance and reinforce the shield by making raking structs. After a while, there are sounds of smashing the shield on the other side. He readies his spear and prepares to attack. The banging sound continues for a few moments then it gets softer and softer. Fen lowers his spear and waits.

“There is no way they don’t have weapons right?” After 10 minutes of waiting, Fen moves the shield. In front of him are goblins in copper armours lying on the ground. They have only rusty short swords and wooden clubs in their possession.

“Should I consider this lucky?” Fen cuts all goblins’ throat to confirm that they are dead, then cut their left ears. The smoke in the cave decreases, Fen heads inside with torch and a wooden club. He found nothing but boxes filled with unused armours.

Departing to the mountain range, he removes armours from goblin corpses and left the armour at goblin cave to be transported later. Around 2 pm, He found a flat area between hills with Blood lily and other plants growing.

((It should be more than 9 Blood lilies in this area. Aren’t you gonna take them?))

“These flowers are not ready yet, We will find another group.” After twenty minutes, Fen comes across another bunch of blood lily. He puts blood lilies in rotect jar.

((Why you take only 9 of them? You also have alchemy skill so you should make potions and use or sell them.))

“Sorry but that’s not the path I want to walk as an alchemist. Alchemists are people who create something, it’s not limited to just making potions. I want to create something that can change the world! Yeah, how about metal that is clear like glass, strong like hardened steel but light as bamboo?”

((Heh~ that’s an interesting idea. So do you think you can do it?))

“I don’t know unless I try right?” He laughs

On the third day, Fen goes back to the goblin’s cave to pick up the armours. The carcasses in front of the cave are gone. Looking on the ground, there are wolves footprints around that area, Fen travels back and forth to Flaminis village few times until all armours have been transported. In next day, he hires the merchant to send the armour to Asgith’s blacksmith in Nagrand.
    @AliceShiki

Zone Q11 likes this.
  20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Changing the money is no problem, here you go Fen-san~

You can send the ears to Lakeside Village for the bounty if you want, but the guild won't pay you for it directly~

In any case, good job out there, the reward is of 7 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points~

Take care now~