LCD The Dark King

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Anon Ymous, Jan 7, 2017.

1. AlanJones

AlanJones Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the whole final chapter thinking "will give shit ... will give shit ..." and did not give another. I really wanted Du Dian to have a happy ending, I feel empty.

corrr likes this.
  2. GingerMessiah

GingerMessiah Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A final raw came out. A little better...go read it. This story really touched me and made me think of humanity.

AlanJones likes this.
  3. Lazytophat

Lazytophat Chicken Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    so what happens? Last thing I remember was escaping that one guy who had heat vision and thats when the translations end, how does the story go and end from there?

4. patcan3609

patcan3609 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lets just say that this novel never gets any lighter in tone, it only becomes darker.

Arbalest likes this.
  5. Arbalest

Arbalest Arcane Knight Anti Mage Honeytrap Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished reading the raws damn dudian you're just an OP idiot for loving the zombie girl too much more than your self look what happened? MC forgot on how to have some fun look at Neuss and Sergei they got what they deserved, and you = bad ending
    Good Read.

juniorjawz likes this.
  6. Lazytophat

Lazytophat Chicken Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow thats dumb

7. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He could have been a great character in that world. He does weird shit randomly which breaks his character from time to time

Arbalest likes this.
  8. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the MC was dumb

9. AlanJones

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I read, I'm glad I had this final chapter to complete the story, because the last one had broken me.

I just think I missed mentioning a few things. Since he became a God, well he could revive his adoptive parents, gleen, scar etc ... about him turning into god, what did he do? I did not quite understand what he did to his daughter.

10. Arbalest

Arbalest Arcane Knight Anti Mage Honeytrap Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    What MC did to his daughter? From my point of view To become a true GOD without weakness MC needed her body as a core in his heart... I dunno what method he did maybe fusion or combination....

AlanJones likes this.
  11. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    who did the MC have a daughter with?

12. GingerMessiah

Reading List:
    Link
    The point of the story is...when he tried to do great things. There will always be evil in human heart. The human race as shown by the main character have the power to do great things and get out of their predicament. It didn’t even require the alien races to manipulate behind the scene too much. Whether it’s the poor, ordinary people, nobles or hunters they only care about their own self interest and desire.

His innocent take of the world was destroyed. Just take for example the case with him and Jenny. If Jenny’s father told him to back off or he failed to prove himself. Du Dian (Dean) would have walked away but that was based on the society 300 years ago. A society closer to our modern society in the real world.

You might think Jenny’s father is extreme but in some countries in the real world. These things still exist. In a South Asian country there are still cases where two people from different caste (higher and lower class system) are together. The lower caste are beaten to death. They must set an example and keep the status quo.

Du Dian suffered a similar fate but fortunately Jenny was persuasive or Jenny’s dad and the aristocracy wanted him to suffer in the prison.

In a messed up world you can do some wacky and weird things that are out of character after what you have gone through. Besides humans are fickle.

Hope this doesn’t spoil it too much for you but the daughter (Wa God or God of Blasphemy) was born from his new heart. This was after he was tortured and experimented by a former King of the God Country/Demon Race Empire “Boro” and by Boro’s creation “Dina”.

Du Dian was one of the origin God Fetus (Improved or Evolved Human Being) during the experiment by adding Desolate God’s Intestine and lower organs into him, combined with Ice Soul Worm and Flame Soul Worm marks into his body. A nuclear ring was inserted inside his neck to create a balance. They aimed to make him into an experimental God. A being that will never die and have greater power.

The experiment was initially thought to be a failure when Du Dian could not accept the Desolate God’s heart. So he was discarded and left for dead, but a new heart was grown due to the combination of the powers inside his body.

His daughter was later found growing inside his heart and being misunderstood as a Desolate God at the time. When in actual fact his daughter was a True God born from the experiment with Du Dian as the incubator.

Thankfully his daughter who was genderless at the time of her birth recognised Du Dian as her mother. The only being who truly cares and loves him regardless of what he did.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    AlanJones likes this.
  13. GingerMessiah

Reading List:
    Link
    If we look at how his daughter saved him the first time. He must have merged with her body and separated her consciousness. Later on he gave his daughter a new body and possibly at God level since he now has True God body and power. Compared to before when he had the Half God power, Du Dian was already powerful enough to create Human Beings and made them into King levels.

But if you read the dialogue Wa God his daughter was complaining about the slow growth of her body. Du Dian wanted her to grow slowly and enjoy childhood unlike what happen to him. So he probably manipulated her DNA structure so she has a body of a God but must grow accordingly like a human being.

AlanJones likes this.
  14. GingerMessiah

Reading List:
    Link
    The author explained in his notes to the readers that he will not give up his vision for the novel. The story was meant to be dark even if it meant losing fans and making it less commercially successful. He wasn’t going to provide fan service.

Without the dark tone of the story until the very end, it would be hard to conclude the story the way the author envisioned it to be. He wanted a philosophical ending about life and the culmination of when you stop being human once you have reached all your goals and have no desire anymore.

Many successful Chinese novels have very poor endings. They are so used to writing chapters everyday. It’s like they have never thought of how it would end.

AlanJones likes this.
  15. GingerMessiah

Reading List:
    Link
    Read my other replies. It’s my take of it based on what was written by the author.

Neuss depending on the translation you prefer. He kind of stopped him from doing that when he created his original parents. Du Dian said he know they are not the real parents but he had to do it. It’s like a filial thing amongst Chinese and I guess in other race share similar sentiments. If I have the power to do it, why should I not revive my parents even if it’s an only a clone and not the real them.

The parents he created are real humans but they are not the same. The seven emotions and six desires they all have it.!However they will never be Du Dian’s real parents that’s why they are afraid of him. After all he created them.

Du Dian did not revive the others because it’s not the real them. They will only being new humans with some memories he implanted in them. They will only develop their own “self”. Hence the betrayal by the parents and sister. Ironically Silvia his sister the real one who became a Desolate God experiment had sacrificed her life for him. You can never replace the original.

Du Dian was missing the heart. His daughter is the heart. So if he wants to become a True God he must replace that “Heart of Machinery” inside him with her. Thankfully as seen when he was rescued the other’s consciousness can still be maintained after merging together.

So instead of creating memories to make his daughter again. He could transfer her consciousness into a God Body Du Dian created for her. After all he now has the power of the True God instead of Half God with his heart restored.

I think like I said in the other post he manipulated the DNA of her new God body a little. So she will grow up like a human being and experiment childhood happily with him. Something he never had the chance of.

AlanJones likes this.
  16. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's called being dumb as others have said.

The point remains : He's dumb.

17. Rosver

Rosver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Author wants to write a grimderp story to the very end.

waleuska likes this.
  18. AlanJones

Reading List:
    Link
    Got it, thanks for the super detailed explanation.

I was very happy to have the last chapter showing him with his daughter and Aisha "despite her remaining as a zombie yet."
    Even if had not, in my heart the end would be Dean advancing in his research on time travel. Then he would come back and have a happy ending.
    I talked about reliving why before Dean's chapter found Aisha, he had revived Aurora, so I was left with that doubt.

19. GingerMessiah

Reading List:
    Link
    Would be interesting to see how you would behave if you were in his shoes. Anyway it’s your opinion.
    I was puzzled by that part but in the battle I do recall him killing her against the hundreds of Kings. A guilt ridden Barton was involved as well. Perhaps Du Dian recreated Aurora but this time with her memories altered to stay loyal to him. Just like what Boro did with the seventy Dina except for Bright Moon. Some people still need to manage the Human World for him.

In a scene before the betrayal Aurora wanted to tell Du Dian about the assassination plot but changed her mind. Perhaps it was that intention of hers that made Du Dian decide to revive her as she was still deemed worthy.

The appearance of Aurora regardless of theory just serve to tell the readers Du Dian is absolutely in control of everything.

Of all the people who didn’t betray him. It was all of his fellow prison inmates. Neuss (Jin) and Katch (Sergei) depends on which translation we use. Sadly Scar and Gwyneth died in action. Whilst Nicholas the old man was considered too deceitful.

Chinese Authors seem to forget about certain characters over time. Zack was mentioned by mistake when he was already killed.

AlanJones likes this.
  20. Lazytophat

Lazytophat Chicken Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    i think what they are trying to say is that he makes a decision to stay safe and not take risks or whatever then he immediately goes and takes a massive risk for reasons we dont really get