Hello Newbies! A Welcome Thread for You Reader!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FlowingSong, Nov 6, 2015.

1. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to the forum~:blobparty:
    I hope you find your group soon~:blob_grin:

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  2. byeolbe

byeolbe Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! I appreciate it ^^

GonZ555 and AMissingLinguist like this.
  3. Lukha

Lukha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name/Nicknames: Lukha
    Hobbies/interests: Science geek, but also a nerd who likes anime and manga. Likes food, movie osts, and sleeping.
    Genres you read often/tags you often look for: Honestly, I'm really into the revenge transmigration Chinese novels right now, and I'm devouring them faster than I can breathe... But also, I used to read a lot of BL Chinese novels. There's something about that historical Chinese setting that gets me going, kek.
    Your favourite novel/read and WHY: Right now it's either Chu Wang Fei or The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage. The revenge is too sweet, but I love it.

I'm also working on writing a novel of my own in a similar style to these two, and I've posted a little bit in the Community Fictions forums. If you like any of those revenge transmigration novels, feel free to check out mine! (Honestly, trying to write using some of those Chinese words are hard, but hopefully feedback will help me improve the novel and make it seem more authentic.)

Thanks!

orematcha likes this.
  4. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to the forum

5. Lukha

Lukha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!

6. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome and have fun staying here~:blobparty:

Lukha likes this.
  7. Arexio

Arexio Blob Fanatic | AG Player

Reading List:
    Link
    Official welcome to NUF!

Have you heard of the new Scribble Hub? A lot of NUF authors post their stuff over there as well. Can't hurt to get more exposure right?

Um, can't give you any rec's as I'm not too versed in that genre. There was one funny novel, but sadly I can't remember the name/not on my reading list.

Anyway, welcome again (even though I'm also new-ish haha) and looking forward to seeing you around. For myself, I'm usually hanging out in the AG parts of the forum. (Check it out if it's your thing~.)

See you around NUF!

Lukha likes this.
  8. Cindy70

Cindy70 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I am Cindy Alvarez, and I love to read and learn about new stuff all the time. I also love to watch movies that are action, adventure, Nature and comedy.

Please, feel free to recommend in any of these categories

How many of the folks here are experienced writers?

I was wondering that when you write, do you write in the present or past tense?

And please, I would also like to know the reasoning behind how you write. Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2019
  9. Arexio

Arexio Blob Fanatic | AG Player

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi Cindy, you might want to start a new thread in Author Discussions asking your questions if you're looking for where many experienced authors hang out.

From an amateur writer's perspective (so take that with a grain of salt), past passive usually works for me. Both active voice and present tense tends to make your writing more exciting, but it's also more challenging to pull off and you usually have to be on your toes. It just depends on what you're trying to accomplish with your writing. I go back and forth depending on context/when I need it.

But yeah if you have any more author questions, I'd redirect you to "Author Discussions". PM me if you're feeling confused on how to get there.

Anyway, official welcome to NUF!

10. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Please avoid double posting whenever possible... And please please avoid quintuple posting.

I wouldn't call myself an experienced writer, but I wrote a fair bit of RPs and Short Stories already, though I have yet to complete any novel I started... Or even pass the initial chapters at that.

I generally use Past Tense when writing a story because it feels cleaner, but I use Present Tense in Roleplays because I want to give the feeling of things happening right here and right now... So... Use the one that gives the feeling you want to achieve? As a rule of thumb though, Past Tense is preferred.

Arexio likes this.
  11. Rouzmary

Rouzmary Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name/Nickname: Rouzmary.
    My username is pretty much my online name/nickname, has been for over a decade XD
    Hobbies/interests: reading books, manga, novels; watching anime, dramas, tv-series etc; listening to music, singing, playing piano; traveling; colouring; sports (either like 'em or have done/am participating) lot's of 'em but mainly hockey, basketball, football, volleyball (I prefer indoor, too difficult to run in the sand for me XD), figure skating, snowboarding, martial arts (taekwondo, etc), fencing etc; and all kinds of tinkering.
    Also, I love animals & nature, though I can also appreciate architecture (but not modern, that is mostly just plain ugly) and such; love ancient cultures be it asian, african or whatever.
    Genres you read often/tags you often look for: hmmm, I suppose the big main ones are these - action, adventure, fantasy, historical, romance, wuxia, xianxia.
    Your favourite novel/read and WHY: hmmmm that's a difficult one for me cuz I have several favourites...ok, let's pick these:
    Ghost Hunt - because I just love the whole mystery and abilities of it and the while dark but also kind of light feel of it;
    Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang - probably one of my favourite romances, I just like how evenly matched the OTP is and even if they make mistakes, they still remain loyal to one another + can't really say it cuz it might spoil for someone, but the male lead is awesome to me;
    The King's Avatar - haven't read much of it, yet, but I do like the whole gaming aspect;same for SAO;
    Nightfall - I just absolutely and most definitely love Ning Que's character! How he can act shamelesly and is not ashamed of it LOL He's kinda lazy, yet not and works for his goal, has no problems with killing his enemies. And also I completely love the relationship Ning Que & SangSang have. So rare, refreshing and fulfilling.

Well, since I just recently actually started lurking in the forums and commenting here & there, even though have been part of NU for some time now & reading novels for even longer time, guess you'll be seeing me around & vice versa ^^

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  12. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to the forum, may you have a fun and memorable time here

Rouzmary likes this.
  13. Rouzmary

Rouzmary Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hehe, thank you! :D

Raneday likes this.
  14. OnceandFutureLurker

OnceandFutureLurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome all , hope you find what you are looking for. And have fun along the way there

Rouzmary likes this.
  15. Sytona

Sytona Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi i am Sytona
    I have been reading Light Novels for about 3 years. But only now made an account here.
    I have many tag thats i love. But my
    favourite are: transmigration, Ancient China, Transported into another world and time travel.
    Since i have many Novels thats i like to read its really hard for me to name some.
    But since i had to i would say "My Dad Is the Galaxy’s Prince Charming" its just to funny and sweet. ;D
    And sorry for the bad englishi can read it better than write.

16. Refan25

Refan25 [The one on the back ground]

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to the Abyss hooman:cookie:...great to have you here.:aww:If you have any questions just ask the dwellers of nuf.:blobpeek:They're very nice dwellers.:blobangel:Follow this lord while you're at it.:blobpats:If that's not a problem.:blobmelt:Hope you find what you seek.:blobsmilehappyeyes:

Arexio likes this.
  17. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Your English looks fine to me. I have no problem reading it~

Welcome to NUF~

Arexio likes this.
  18. Sytona

Sytona Active Member

Reading List:
    Link