Baffled by Qidian's TL Quality

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Azur Lazuli, Mar 5, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azur Lazuli

Azur Lazuli Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Azur Lazuli

Azur Lazuli Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry I was just messing with you. But yeah, I'm pretty much ignorant. I mistook a fake original as their translation. But this says a lot about their quality control.

SoulZer0 likes this.
  4. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, it's a normal thing for Qidian. Better stop reading Solo Leveling, you probably won't like the ending anyway. Just read the manhwa for the art.

Btw Solo Leveling is Korean, just saying

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2019
  5. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The translation that you listed wasn't official, just some random user posting the translation as an original novel. The second one is the official translation, though most comments and reviews say the tl quality is worse compared to Chestnut's.

Nuinui and Astaroth like this.
  6. Midess

Midess Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I noticed something strange in official translation reviews. They have ch 0 in status. When i clicked prologue and tried to write review it shows me ch 1 in status and i cannot undo it. That means the people cursing about poor translation has not even clicked on any chapter XD.

Maybe it was because they were mad at qidian for stopping the old tl. Although it was inevitable as qidian had already picked up it way long ago according to pick up a thread in NU. I am still waiting for ch 137, i hope they catch up soon.

7. 911

911 [Officer][Official Police][Tag me when needed]

Reading List:
    Link
    Im having internal injuries after reading that

Qidian translation is worse than Google, change my mind. Ofc, the original had something good to offer. Only the small part of the title

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2019
  8. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read the novel, but that seems to be the most probable reason. The people who have already read the novel will just point out the errors. Maybe when the tl surpasses ch 137, the comments and reviews will get a little better.

Midess likes this.
  9. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    That explains a lot, even for qidian that was beyond shitty.

Though I will say that Monster Paradise isn't that much better so they do have some extremely awful ones for real as well...

10. lafiel11

lafiel11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When you browse novels there is option to check for translations only.

11. Refan25

Refan25 [The one on the back ground]

Reading List:
    Link
    *Sips tea*:blob_coffee:This is fun.:blobsnow:

orematcha likes this.
  12. Nuinui

Nuinui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, I was scared there for a moment. I thought my tolerance for bad translating had gone down so low that I didn't notice Qidian's translation of Solo Leveling was that bad. Turns out someone MTLed it and posted it as an original novel. Shouldn't Qidian be checking for that kind of stuff on their original novels? Lmao.

But yeah, I agree with the mm38910. I read the first few chapters, and Chestnut just did a better job with sentence structure and flow. The Qidian translation uses too many goddamn commas. The translator needs an editor to help with sentence structure to reduce all those awful commas, because reading it gave me a headache.

Anyway, I think the translation quality on Qidian is varied. Some translators are really good and deserve a lot of respect for the quick release rates (2 per day, that's insane!), but some translators just don't even try.

13. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last I heard, @A_Passing_Wanderer was translating Solo Leveling for Qidian. I don't know how his translation quality holds up to someone who knows the language, but it's always seemed pretty good to me as an English speaker. This ain't his work. +1 to the "this was some nonsense someone posted as an original."

If you're looking to hate on a translation, go check out the past couple of hundred chapters of Castle of Black Iron (not the first few hundred, those were good). Or maybe When A Mage Revolts - that one has a character name change 5 times in as many chapters. Hilariously bad. They're probably not the worst on Qidian, but since I only read novels that catch my interest, I don't know any better (worse) examples offhand.

14. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly i do not understand why people are complaining about MTL.
    MTL basically means what you are reading is from google translate, bablefish or similar things.

if you want edited MTL, don't read MTL, because thats not what MTL is.

WN however is confusing because all of teh translators and editors on WN act as if they graduated from harvard or oxbridge with an english major.

they talk so much about how difficult the test they have to do for qidian to "hire" them and then the stuff we get are not better than MTL most of the time........

Causal Reader likes this.
  15. TooLazyToThink

TooLazyToThink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They should hire more editors.

16. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    There is two type of content in webnovel.com
    1. Originals : anyone can post anything, qidian only take down this story if the author make dmca claim to qidian
    2. Translation : Official translations is in this section.

It is better for you to edit your thread, because your post misslead so many ignorant nuffian

lonelytree, GDLiZy and Westeller like this.
  17. shinobimike22

shinobimike22 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are offering Translation yet QI's QA department seems to be in all CN mode. The only reason I can think of. Not that I'm being racist or something. example, I have a graphic design firm, would I hire QA team of programmers? ofc not. To deliver the best product you need to hire the appropriate guys for the job.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  18. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably should edit your thread and correct the misunderstanding. :blobshh:

Also, FAKE NEWS!

19. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    they are already hiring so many people and paying them so much money.
    just look at the post cktalon made about his income

20. Causal Reader

Causal Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find it hilarious that there are people stupid enough to actually pay for this crap!LOL!!! The real funny thing is there is a novel on QI being translated, but i'm reading chapters of advance MTL. When compared the MTL trumps QI version! LOL!!! Oh the MTL has all the chapters completed 1000+, QI 30+

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.