Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    Female General And Elder Princess Ending Spoiler by falcon
    It is a happy ending
    MC and the princess grew old together
    They faked their death and returned to the MC's home village and lived there

They had an adoptive daughter
    She was the MC's friend (I think his name was Lin Yu), actual daughter
    MC's friend died in the early chapters and only had this one daughter

Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  2. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Ubik likes this.
  3. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe not some exciting chapter, but has some developments. FL is clearly has influence on kitten and whole family too (in the end I think she will become part of it even if don't count relationship with FL).
    Still interested in seeing is it accidental that her name is as former grandmage, or is it part of megaforeshadowing of her previous life.
    And I think we should restrain ourselves and don't turn this thread to "LCD of cute kitten story", maybe sometime :blobowoevil_horns: :blobsnow: because cuteness and fluffiness are off charts in some chapters.
    Thanks for that! But even it's awesome news, maybe they should be put in spoiler?
    So general friend saying that he give his child to MC (when he think that MC lose.... not able... khmmm was wounded) was not empty words
    If only now we have finished novel instead of spoilers how it will end.
    Was interested in it but put it away for some reason, one of those was story of it.
    TN of it or mostly most spoken person (or site owner) PR it for some time (even here you can look in search if interested) so they will post new story and it will be yuri. First, promised date was way due, it's normal, everything could happen. Next comes schedule or lack of it. From the first two chapters there was large gap in next three and two months without them. And third lack of yuri in first chapters from what I heard. Raws aren't labelled with GL tag either, but in novel information yuri is mentioned.
    So safe way for it will be to wait for full translate (only 17 chapters). And only then make an assumption is it good or bad.
    Their chaotic dynamic is what made story interesting, just imagine what should do that yandere if her crash would "date" MC. And how reacts on that yuri-teacher who ships that yandere to other girl as OTP. It's more gag-comedy manga.

sirin423 and Moonpearl like this.
  4. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Again i will say: go read the previous pages of Yuri Garden.
    But yeah just like Ubik said, translator advertised here that he will pull out ALL the translated chapters of this series but when it happened only a few chapters appeared.

5. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Sooo, I was reading Quick Transmigration: Fate Trading System and I'm really shipping EmressXMC but I'm afraid that the romance will end and she'll be like "Bye-bye~ Was nice knowing ya! I'mma go now!" and it's going to end. If anybody has read these kinds of stories can you tell me if the MC just finishes their stuff and disappears into the thin air?

6. Le Turnip

Le Turnip New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Archer isn't a bad story though not quite yuri, but remember to run an adblocker when reading from that site. The plot is like a short version of the early parts of Itai no wa Iya, though it's about a girl making a friend in this case. Not really yuri, if you refer to the Narou page.
    Like Ubik has mentioned, the translator made a promise and failed to keep it, which he's actually done before. You'll see him begging for money on NUF, he's like a lousy kickstarter.

Ubik likes this.
  7. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So it looks like a case that @Sabruness mentioned earlier of class S fiction. When relationship is bigger than friends and less than lovers.

And welcome to Yuri Garden!!! :blobparty: :blobtaco:
    Depends, I don't read that much stories of these type, it's rather new one in comparison. But main trope that behind FL every time is same person or soul.
    That was case of untraslated one "Girl on Fast Wear" (it has really easy and understandable MTL) and in translated looks like Quick Transmigration – Villain Walkthrough have this trope. What will be in current one? I don't know but story is quite nice, so I will look forward to it. But if they are different persons so it will be hard for them after break up.
    I MTLed some of that ark looks like in the end they will be together even after wish was fulfilled till MC death (Chinese MTL of historical parts is pain, fantasy is double pain.... magical beast that MTLed as warcraft gave me hiccups.)

Moonpearl likes this.
  8. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's also a concern of mine with these stories. Ones where the soul is the same in the love interest each time tend to have a tag that says so on the raws, but I can't say for sure that those that don't have the tag won't have that sort of plot point in it.

The MCs typically go through the rest of their lives in the world they have until they die and start the next one, though.

As far as I know, there's nothing dangerous about Wuji's ads, so there's no particular reason to deliberately run an adblocker... Apart from politics.
    And I don't care to bring that particular drama into the Yuri Garden.

AliceShiki and Ubik like this.
  9. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I may be biased (of course I am). Should make some example from "Girl on Fast Wear". MC and FL are the same person in each arks but with a twist. From 3rd ark and onwards where they finally be with each other. FL regain memories only after she fell in love with MC, and took control of character.
    That cause one of most interesting setting from what I read. There was zombie outbreak in world, and FL character was betrayed by some people and left to die. She reincarnated with that memory intact (revenge second chance plot). And with that she reincarnated to revenge to people who betrayed her. Unfortunately one of those was MC as a main girl and some other guy (ML). And MC was given quest to destroy what cause that outbreak with FL and don't allow to destroy ML by FL.
    Others arks were not so good from 6-7 but they spend ever increasing time span (3 they allowed 3 months(?), 10 years(?) in 5th ark, 20 years in 6th and 30 years in 7th
    That was exactly, why I tried to be neutral in description of it it. You cannot demand what other people doing for free or in their spare time. Even if it is betraying yours expectation. They don't indebted to do that in first place. Only thing that should be mentioned that is a case of false advertisement (mentioning of schedule, date of release, type of content).
    I haven't even mention that TL or owner should spank for, for example trying to poach "Average Abilities"

Moonpearl likes this.
  10. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's good to know~! Thank you.

Your post was fine, but the other post misleading people into taking part in a revenge adblock isn't.

If it's related to yuri, talking about translators to that degree will always be relevant. But if people want to complain about Wuji's unrelated matters (or any translator's), they'll have to take it elsewhere. Drama can never be discussed without a pointless (and boring) flame war beginning, and the Yuri Garden does not need to be hijacked by any of that.
    In fact, I'm glad this is one of the few places I can come and be assured that I don't have to sit through that argument again.

AliceShiki and Ubik like this.
  11. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I saw, most thing that irritates translator are demands from readers, additionally it would cause opposite effect and translation could be dropped in that toxic environment. When it's joking after cliffs that is understandable. When it's demanding it's bothersome.
    Returning to main problem, you can ask, but you can't demand translation of this fiction. Even if it will be dropped (if it will be dropped) and you like to continue to read it after 3 months you can make new thread in pickup request.

Moonpearl likes this.
  12. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Bwahahaha ! Guys don't forget to check out the latest chapter of
    https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bright_and_cheery_amnesia_ch31#1

Beside the nice idea of "Don't worry ! even if i forget, others won't !", at the end of the chapter MC start to remember her lost memories.
    I think we are in for something fun/interesting next chapter(s).

Edit: I totally didn't expect that MC will remember her past life.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    Ubik likes this.
  13. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That was nice chapter, I think that memory return was predictable (nobody wants to have that cute character wander without memory, right?). Now I wonder, what will win, her new timid personality or old domination one. Or there is third way, she lose consciousness and again receive memory loss. It will be stupid, but in line with whole manga storyline.
    And you should mention that there is new "1 x ½ chapter", there are some fans of it here.

There was something interesting in new ones mangas:
    From one https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/when_your_night_ends by Haruzo (I would still prefer new chapter of "Touko-san Can't Take Care of the House" by her). Story about call girl who fall in love with her customer

And there were three new chinese series:
    Flowers & Thorns
    Succuba & Siren
    Wolf x Rabbit
    they are short, incomplete and whole premise in title, drawing somewhat simplistic but nice. If you have spare time, you should check them.

Moonpearl likes this.
  14. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda skipped 1 x 1/2 because i didn't read it and kinda not interested anymore.

When your night ends, is nice but somehow cliche but yeah half sure to recommend it.

Wolf x Rabbit, kinda forgot about it. Strange... i read it long ago in mangadex i think, i wonder why it says that the translation was posted recently. But yeah it's really fluffy.
    Gonna check out the 2 others.

Edit: Amnesia, I agree that it's a good question, maybe it will be a fusion of both personality, bold but also a little shy. I also thought that her forgetting again is possible but somehow i think author will not do that because readers will not like it or something.

Ubik likes this.
  15. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If author want to troll readers new amnesia will be viable choice. But I hope there will be fusion of personalities.

Checked yurikahime site today, from the looks of it TL thinking pickup not one novel, but more. Right now new ones:
    Being Recognized as an Evil God, I Changed My Job to Guardian Deity of the Beastmen Country mentioned earlier
    Kansutoppu!
    Eiyuu no Musume to Shite Umarekawatta Eiyuu wa Futatabi Eiyuu o Mezasu (WN)
    and new one completely
    Daybreak Summoner ~I Will Protect That Girl Who Summoned Me To Another World No Matter With Everything I’ve Got~
    A girl who have been lonely for a long time – Kagaya Reiko (Kagaya Rei) was suddenly summoned to another world by a girl called Linna
    It was a world of sword and magic fantasy that she have been longing for.
    Reiko gained super human powers and mysterious abilities from being summoned as Linna’s Summoned Beast.

She didn’t like her previous world and was not attached to it, so she decided to live with Linna in this other world.

The girls will have to face many ups and downs and difficulties as they go on.

A Girl meets Girl Royal Road Fantasy.

:aww: :blobparty:

Moonpearl likes this.
  16. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww:

17. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    *Whistle* Looks pretty interesting the new summoner one.

Edit: Finished Flower witch and Siren. Pretty nice a good 18/20. Checked WolfxRabbit and looks like there is no new chapter compared to my first time reading it.
    Edit 2: AAAAAAAAhhhh ! I remember !!!! WolfxRabbit was in french that is why i read it before.

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  18. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Hino san no baka got a new chapt and the food in it made me hungry:
    https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hino_san_no_baka_ch03#1

But yeah looks like the manga will just focus on the delinquent (sexually) teasing the other girl. Not sure if i am a fan of that. I just hope we will get a glimpse of the true feelings of Hino-san, i'm already tired seeing her expressionless/not blushing face.

Ubik likes this.
  19. Wry Warudo

Wry Warudo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last waltz just ended, or more accurately, was just fully translated.
    https://mangadex.org/title/34153/last-waltz
    Iirc the longest running yuri manga is Yuru Yuri? Most seem to be the drama genre and those don't last long; not to mention there's less yuri magazines than there used to be. (Only yuri-hime and kira-kira left, I think?)

20. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Is yuruyuri actual GL? It feels like one of those mangas that never have the romance actually becoming a thing...