Recommendations I want something christian

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Deleted member 94971, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Deleted member 94971

Deleted member 94971 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh no, not that kinda christian but dark ages kinda christian. I want first person view of an MC who is ignorant and a pious zealot who is handy with sword. I want a religion that defines a society on all aspects with a dystopian atmosphere, where there are racism, cruelty, arbitrary, slavery, gender discrimination etc all kinda shit without any censorship or smoothing down with details. MC should also be part of this and totally embraced by it. I'm open to all published books or web novels you can suggest :) i want pov tho, i want his way of thinking thats what i'm looking for ! A mind of zealot and his justifications of his arbitrary decisions but with a gothic environment for my taste lol

2. Lynx

Lynx Professional...on lewd matter

Reading List:
    Link
    That's kinda specific ain't it, but you piqued my interest...

3. Randolph

Randolph Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe war, honor and vengeance? It's an original novel published in qidian webs and royalroad... and from the synopsis, it's exactly what you're looking for... not really sure since I haven't really read it yet.

Synopsis:
    “Hey kiddo, what do you see in the Mirror?
    A sword in your Father’s heart?
    A knife under your Mother’s chin?
    Or blood on your hands?”
    “Whose blood is it?” I ask, innocent.
    “Your enemies.” Replies He, The Darkness. The Abyss. The Fool.

Worlds aren’t built on pillars of honesty, virtue and kindness. They are built on bones and souls, chained and trapped for eternity. Souls of your kin, your blood and your family.

The World of Audenia isn’t a world of pure fantasy. It is a world of blood and cruelty, where strong persists and the weak slaves. A world filled with lies, treachery and betrayal, where words like justice, good and right hold no meaning. All a scheme.

War…
    Such a pleasant term. A fitting term for the race named Humans. They battle each other, Nature and even Heavens for bits of happiness. What is happiness? Is it something that can be bought, something that can be hidden. No! Happiness is nothing but a fleeting experience… an addiction. And war…. Is the bitter-sweet fruit of happiness.

Honor…
    Is something which runs deep within our blood, engraved within our bones, yet so easily forgotten. Something, so intangible and frail, yet so overpowering. As heavy as a mountain it is, as deep as ocean but where is it? Where is the Honor I seek? What is Honor??!!
    ….

Vengeance…
    Faith is a strange entity. Invisible, out-of-reach, immensely strong and none can fight it. Some call it Destiny, others call it Providence or The God’s Will, but tell me—will you back down? When you see your own father being murdered, your mother and siblings humiliated and your land disgraced. Will you back down? Will you not fight? Will you not take arms and rise up?
    Yes, you will…. I know…. You will. Everyone will…. After all, that is what humans are…. A vengeful creature, seeking their vengeance against the skies that limit them.
    ….

So, my knights. Will you not take arms against this world you live? Against your enemies? Against the enemy of this land? Against those vile creatures who live beneath and above us?! Who dominate us, subjugate us and tame us like animals!

Tell me, my knights!!! Will you not fight?!! Tell me that you will not back down!! Tell me that you will fight! Not for me! Not for the wealth nor the fame you will receive!! No, my knights! No! Wealth, power, fame, everything will precede you. Only when you fight for the women and men who live behind you in the safety of our Iron Walls. Only when you fight for your brothers who once fought beside you. Only when you fight your next generation, for your children, can you seek Paradise.

My knights.
    Let me tell you one thing. There are no Gods in this world. No! That is a lie! The truth is that, each Human has a God within him.

Humans like Gods!

Yes!! We are Gods! And as Gods, we shall Rise! Rise above others and claim what was rightfully ours! This world and the next.
    I am Felixyon Wulfrum. I am your Lord! And let the Age of Gods begin under the banners of the Wulfrum!

Warning!

This novel of mine, amidst its FANTASY SETTING, will follow a more realistic description of emotions, settings and behavior.
    What to expect –

Common medieval dilemmas, paradoxes and ill-notions about now common ideas of feminism, gender, caste, RELIGIOUS indiscrimination and Mass Slaughter.

No BS like killing people by flicking fingers. No! Mass slaughter would be done by armies and BEWARE! Medieval torture will be extensively depicted. You can skip it, if you like.

MC’s background is from the Knight faction so knights will be glorified in MC’s perspective. There will be other perspectives also.

Lastly. I'm no advocate of any such discrimination depicted. Don’t file a law suit against me!

Update schedule:
    So, like I said, my xams are raging on and I can't update daily. For now, I can guarantee something like 2-3 chaps/week and later 1 chap/week. Thanks for your understanding.

NOTICE: This novel cover is a gift of Ms. SilentScarlettt. Please give her a big hugggg!

#p/s: I co-pasted the whole things...

4. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically medieval fantasy?

5. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Experimental log of a crazy lich. Knights, religion, zealots. It have them.

Fyi, this is a joke.

6. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

i'm curious how many book have that content other than book of 420 years ago.....:blobnom:

7. Olives

Olives [Former] Professional Basement Dweller

Reading List:
    Link
    So, the old testament?

Deleted member 94971 likes this.
  8. Deleted member 94971

Deleted member 94971 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh i knew this but forgot its name ! Thanks ill look into it :)

Oh yes but not just one. I want a religious fanatic's mind and his justifications maybe something like character development and his mind's struggle with change to polar opposite ?

9. madness-

madness- The Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Joke aside , so you basically want crazy religious fanatics as mc or just as a background story of the world ?

10. Randolph

Randolph Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe he means when Chirstian enters it's dark age where many corruptions and misuse of authority happened...

11. Drakeshade35

Drakeshade35 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure there's one called the inquisitor but im not sure if that's the name

12. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Closest one I could think of would be Coiling Dragon....

Oh if you want Manga you should read Priest. Too bad it's discontinued....

13. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    Wut?

14. Aina Seira

Aina Seira Princess For Life

Reading List:
    Link
    I reread the descriptions, but I can't think of any medieval novels with a pious MC.... All I know are novels where MCs detest the church. There's The Lord of Mysteries, but his piousness to his church is fake. Oops, actually it's not Christian.

15. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm interested too :D

17. MrAconter

MrAconter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds interesting :blobnom:

18. Rou

Rou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Kuro no Maou they sometimes tell the story from zealots point of view.

Kurotsubaki likes this.
  19. Mopeah

Mopeah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Noah Gordon writes a lot of medieval literature that involve the relationships between Jews, Muslims, and Christians. The Last Jew is a pretty hardcore novel that deals with a lot of heavy issues, like I was scarred the first few pages in, but he's not a Christian zealot.

However, you might find what you like on TVTropes.
    The Fundamentalist - https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheFundamentalist
    Well Intentioned Extremist - https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WellIntentionedExtremist
    Wide Eyed Idealist - https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WideEyedIdealist
    Knight Templar - https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KnightTemplar
    Moral Guardians - https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MoralGuardians

Deleted member 94971 likes this.