Recommendations what the problem is

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by camilfabre, Mar 10, 2019.

1. camilfabre

camilfabre Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hello guys, long ago i realised that in the titles of romance novel the women were always linked/compared to the male lead (first disclaimer the next sentence could picture me as an hysterical and angry feminist but don’t please...) so, why all the fl are always linked to the wealth or proffesion of the male lead like « The wife’s ceo/billionaire/tyrant/cuckholded/... » and never have an equal relationship from the start it’s always a rich powerful man and a poor girl bullied/cuckholded/...

I search a novel witha slow love, a SELF-MADE female protagonist, an equal relationship at the start of the relationship, no help from the ml, no white knight.... Thanks a lot fellow readers

Fallion likes this.
  2. Lucenda

Lucenda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Crossing to the Future, it’s Not Easy to Be a Man
    If you're specifically looking for romance novels, good luck. And actually look at the thing instead of just judging the title.

Nom de Plume likes this.
  3. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    Side character transmigration... well she is different to other female MCs hard to explain, you just gotta try it to find out if it’s what you might enjoy

4. Chiiiiiiiii

Chiiiiiiiii >Daoist Thirteen Bears< >Hero Astral Saber<

Reading List:
    Link
    What an Audacious and Sly Servant!
    It's not exactly an equal relationship (though the emperor did let her have her way with his son), but the FL is the knight in a shiny armor for the prince :ROFLMAO:

There's also The Rice Pot Next Door, although the ML is actually from a rich family but he seems rather normal if compared with those CEO since he lives a simple life of being a professor......

And Black-Bellied Dad that....... well, the FL do get to be the one leading the family business:whistle:

5. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe because you only read CN

Fallion likes this.
  6. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    The answer is simple, because most novels are either 'trying' to be modernly realistic (of course the novelist will make his/hers changes according to what they think is or would likely happen in reality especially with all the media and news around not to mention the dramas) or built to match some old perhaps historical setting and in such days there was certain ideology perhaps it was some sort of spread mentality that woman were to be liked/loved :blobsweat_2: thus as you say " linked to the wealth or proffesion of the male lead like « The wife’s ceo/billionaire/tyrant/cuckholded/... » and never have an equal relationship from the start ".
    Meaning problem is perhaps the novels you read are made by males and most males think with... well let's say instincts and less logic compared to the complex hard to crack female mind :sweating_profusely::blobpeek:
    Sorry couldn't help but make a joke there :blobsweat:, but the problem is probably such novels will be much popular after all, certain plot setting is more popular compared to others :blobsmilehappy:

camilfabre likes this.
  7. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    My Disciple Died Yet Again .... well I suppose her master has both more money and more power, but she works hard and becomes strong in her own right. It’s more of a novel with romance than a romance novel.

I think most of the Truly Precious Universe are equivalent // healthy relationships. (Look at shared universe tagged novels: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/sweet-heart-in-honeyed-desire/)

You might have better luck in series with Gender Bender female leads actually. In most (like Crossing to the Future: It’s Hard to be a Man mentioned above here) it’s a female lead disguising themselves and taking on a male role. I think would recommend Bone Painting Coroner as a better example of this. The Male lead seems to be a prince, but the female lead stands strong in her own right. Their relationship is more one of mutual respect than one dominating the other.

Half Prince might actually work if you are okay with a somewhat quirky story about a girl who was dared into playing a Male in a video game by her brother who accused her of exactly these stereotypes. Her family was well to do and... none of the Male leads are CEOs. The wealthiest would have been... one of her eventual female friends?

I can’t recommend my favorite female lead to you, her story is full of common girl (teacher) -> rich household. Although... they feel a lot more realistic as a household than those CEO novels. (It’s also gender bender haha...)

8. Fallion

Fallion [Indolence Personified]

Reading List:
    Link
    This is why I generally only read western novels with a female lead, I do however feel like it’s much easier to gloss over those things when reading manga so I usually don’t mind it too much there.
    If you haven’t tried reading mangas with female leads yet I’d advice you to try that instead.

9. camilfabre

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeye no need to tell me that ‘-_-

10. camilfabre

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for all the recommendation.
    Some references for the mangas please?

11. Fallion

Fallion [Indolence Personified]

Reading List:
    Link
    Phoenix against the World
    The Ghostly Doctor
    Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou desu - One of my favourites atm but with the amount of chapters released there is very little romance yet.
    Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughter
    I Reincarnated into an Otome Game as a Villainess With Only Destruction Flags...

All of these are still ongoing and my biggest problems with mangas is the increadibly slow release speed for most of them. Personally I feel like the novels and mangas with the best female MCs is the ones without romance.
    For some of my favourite novels with female MCs try out:
    Super Soldier not Super Hero
    Azarinth Healer
    Forge of Destiny
    Skyclad
    Who Cares about an Isekai? Surely not me!

Do note that all of these are western novels, I haven't been able to find any translated novels with a decent female lead that isn't just a side character made MC. There isn't really much romance in them either, in Azarinth Healer she becomes a couple with someone but the romance is VERY limited and it happens pretty late.

12. All mighty Asian

All mighty Asian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry buddy but you're asking the wrong thing
    Wake up and face the reality that's how women calculator work everything is a deal of profit and Loss
    And about the feminism they are not
    Feminist but virgin losers who somehow wants to impress a woman
    In one particular movie, I was watching there's a scene where the girl's mother was insulting male lead family very aggressively and at last boy defended his family and the girl don't like it that the boy was defending his family and they broke up
    After some time the boy went to girl's home and apologies to her mother for arguing with her and defending his family but she didn't apologize for anything

If arguing for your family and defending it against feminism then fuck the feminism

13. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is that these particular stories are all about realizing the dream of marrying a rich guy. If you're looking for better material then you'll have to stay away from this fetish. And these books often start out so strongly; with interesting protagonists using their wits to overcome the various opposition before them. But all the cool stuff goes out the window when the rich stalker guy shows up and the books become dominated by these toxic relationships. It's really frustrating to see and I've been avoiding Romance novels for a while because I can't stand them.

If you're looking for better material, you can try reading Tong Hua novels. They're not about equal relationships, but they're not about idealized ones either so when someone acts abusively, there are serious consequences. They won't work for all readers because they're also not afraid to have bad endings.

What the hell is this?

14. All mighty Asian

All mighty Asian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know maybe Mayan

15. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tips: avoid Chinese novel, especially ancient ones.

Chn novel
    Ascending do not distrub.(no romance atm)
    To Be A Virtuous Wife - mc was a beloved daughter with strong backgroud
    Cultivating to Become a Great Celestial

Non chn novel:
    The White Cat That Swore Vengeance Was Just Lazing on Dragon King's lap
    Eroge Reincarnation ~Please Don't Collect Onee chans cgs(nsfw)
    The saints magic power is omnipotent
    Extra Ordinary Soap

It's easier to find balance in bl novel, really. There's a lot of annoying uke/seme trope, but finding mature ones are pretty easy. Example Hako no Naka, Utsukushii Koto.

16. camilfabre

Reading List:
    Link
    Initially i was going to write a novel for you but gladly i realized it wasn’t worth it. I hope for you to meet a great woman who would make you forget about those idea.

17. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Stop reading that group of cn novels.