Stars That Light The Path. ( CH.2)

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Jagsaw, Jun 10, 2016.

?

Final Title name?

1. Stars that Light the Path ( keep it the same.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Desolate Road

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Shackled God

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Apprehensive Light in Shadows

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jagsaw

Jagsaw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello my name is Jagsaw or Jag for short. This is my first work so I am not to sure how to really start off and I don't even know where this story my end or if I will continue the story as of yet but I do hope people like it. I just wanted to post it for some reason.

Title - Stars That Light the Path (Not the finished title.)

synopsis-
    The world is always changing wars lead to the change of a nation's leaders, people end up losing their lives for what seems like a pointless fight. Through all this fighting the natural order of life started to fall out of sync causing natural disasters to occur. But the natural order always as a way to change the balance of the world. The path one man has to walk down is full of death... weather it was his family or his enemies death is what seems to me the only thing that stays. But even when death tries it's best to control this man he still tries to save orders as well as himself, hoping to free himself from this darkness with a path of light. But is the world that simple?

Lost Soul

“Why … WHY?!” I couldn’t help but cry out as I was lying on the ground.

Every part of me felt like it was breaking almost as if someone was slowly crushing me under a heavy weight, unable to move or even open my eyes. Unable to feel anything but pain of both my body and my soul.

“What did my family do to warrant this?! Did we not have enough faith in you!? HUH! … We prayed every night never brought trouble to anyone, so what was it!? So why was it use that payed the price?!” I couldn’t hold it back anymore as the tears started to fall down my face. This pain is just too much for one person to handle.

“What kind of god are you!?!” as my tears kept falling these word kept playing over and over in my head like a record stuck on a loop never going to the next track. As I slowly started to descend into madness I was laughing as my tears fell.

I don’t know when but at some point my tears stopped falling as the sadness I felt slowly started to turning to a burning rage. I felt as if mind was set on fire as the anger started to consume me.

“HAHAHA … What are we? Pawns in some messed up game for you to throw away at any time you wish?!” I could feel myself slowly feeding my anger as if it was a beast that had slowly started to wake up from a long sleep wanting to destroy everything in its wake.

As my anger was building I lost track of the time it was like time its self-had stopped nothing was moving, not even sound could be heard around me it was as if everything around me had died with my family.

At some point I slowly started to open my eyes, it took a large amount of my will power just to do this. So I started to look around me to see where I was. Turns out I was in a field in the middle of nowhere. Off in the distance there seemed to be a large amount of tree, I had guessed that I was somewhere near the forest north of my former village. The field itself was lush with green grass for miles with some areas of the field covered with flowers that brightened up the field with a multitude of colors. As I looked up to the sky the sun was still overhead so it was about noon from what I could tell.

The only problem now is I am unable to move my legs were broken with the bones sticking straight out of my skin, even trying to move them an inch was like someone taking a hammer to them and constantly hitting them over and over. I also noticed that a few of my ribs were broken as well make truly hard to breath each breath sent a wave of pain throw my body like a way of hot liquid pouring down me. So all I could do is lay there and do nothing but wait.

“Hmm … well all I could do now is hope I die a fast death from one of the animals in the forest. Who knows I may get lucky on that one.” I could only bitterly smile to myself as I slowly calmed myself down.

“Is all this hate of mine useless? Am I truly going to die not being about to do anything with myself and die with this hate never being able to vent it onto something?” I couldn’t help but look at the sky which used to look beautiful to me in the past, but now only looks like a sea of gray hanging over my head laughing at me.

But what can I do? I can’t move and I have no food so at most I can last a few days if I am lucky, but that really doesn’t mean much seeing as there is no villages in the area anymore. So what will I do? What is going to happen to me? These thought only stayed in my head for a short time seeing as I knew nothing was going to come of me sitting here thinking about it. So I just shut my eyes and tried to fall asleep.

As time passed I slowly started to wake up again and opened my eyes. It was dark out now, so dark that I couldn’t anything but the stars that were above my head. So all I could do was stare at them, these distant but almost unfathomable lights in the sky making me remember just how small I truly am when compare to the world around me. I wanted to reach out and take one of the stars, I had no idea why. But I wanted to be a bright a star which people could always look up to when the darkness was the only thing around. But who would be the person for me like that a star in the sky lighting my way so that the darkness doesn’t take over me or was I doomed to be left in the dark?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    oliverthms and Tachi Works like this.
  2. oliverthms

oliverthms Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Very good original. Continue please.

3. Jagsaw

Jagsaw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am glad you liked it I wasn't sure if anyone was going to like it seeing as I left out the parts of what happened to him. But it people do like I will work on it till the end of its tale.

oliverthms likes this.
  4. Karimka

Karimka Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont know what it will be in future,but think you should continue.

oliverthms likes this.
  5. Jagsaw

Jagsaw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The next part of the story should be up later today as long as I can finish editing it and checking it to make sure it's how I want it.

6. Jagsaw

Jagsaw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also I would love if anyone has any feed back on how I can improve the overall quality of the story (how its is written or add more to part that seem to be lacking in depth) I would love to read the comments seeing as I am always trying to improve my writing seeing as I love making stories.

7. Jagsaw

Jagsaw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Part 2 of Chapter 1

My mind slowly started to fade again I was still too tired to stay awake, so I closed my eyes for what feels like one of the last times in my life who knows I may not even wake up at all after this. And just as I feel asleep I somehow ended up in a strange room.

Normally when I think of a room it’s only four walls, a floor, and a roof nothing more and nothing less. However, this room didn’t even seem to have a floor almost as if it was a sphere was only two colors white and black that intersect at point to form an almost unimaginable feeling and looked to be made out of what looked like crystal … What an odd place I have never seen anything like this it’s almost too hard to put into words. As I looked around the room I noticed something that completely shocked me. I was just floating in the middle of it!

“W… W… Wait what in the hell is going on here?! Where am I? Wasn’t I just lying in a field just a moment ago?” my mind kept running faster and faster trying to find out what was going on. But happen next terrified me to my core.

As I was standing in the middle of this sphere I started to feel like was being watched by someone, I don’t know why but it felt like he wanted to take something from me I just don’t know what. As this feeling started to become more and more prevalent I started to hear sounds coming for somewhere.

Clink … clink… CLINK!

“What is that?” I kept hearing the sound getting louder and louder as it seemed as it was getting closer to me, but when I looked around there was nothing there even when the sound seemed to be right next to me.

It just kept getting louder and louder to the point where it felt like my whole body was starting screech as if it was being torn apart by thousands of blades slowly pealing me like a damn apple!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The pain made me loss my sense of time, my vision started to blur to the point I didn’t even notice that there seemed to be an endless amount of black chains with blades as long as my arms at the end of them ripping through the black sections of the crystal sphere. I don’t know when or where it came from but I started to hear laughing.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

“MY WORD! Kid you got some soul here now don’t you? How did you manage to get in here now you should awaken till your’ twentieth birthday like the rest of them?” I couldn’t tell what this man looked like but for some reason he sounds so much like me why is that? I felt so confused when out of nowhere another voice sounded in my ears.

This voice simple said “Staltis send him back he is not ready to be here yet his trial has just started yet if you do anymore he will die before you can even see our world again.”

“O please it’s not like he even as clue as to what we are to him anyways so why no tease him a bit?” sneering as he said this to god know who. But what did he mean by that? What in the world are they talking about?

“Teasing would be fine it wasn’t you shattering his soul over and over again. If that’s your teasing, then he isn’t even going to be able to finish this trail if you don’t stop now put your chain back and send him out NOW!” This voice seemed to be getting annoyed that I was here.

“Fine, get the hell out of here kid.” As he let out a hearty laugh and snapped his fingers.

After his snapped the pain seemed to had stopped and I could feel as if I was being push out of the sphere.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is the last part of this chapter I hope you all like it and do please let me know if you see anyways to improve my over all writing I loved to get some honest feedback.

8. Jagsaw

Jagsaw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CH. 2 may be coming out later tonight or early tomorrow. It taking a bit longer to write due to it being longer then the first chapter.

9. Jagsaw

Jagsaw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2

To find a path

As I was waking up I noticed that my surroundings had changed I was no longer laying in a field but in the back of a carriage bobbing up and down has it travels across and uneven road. My mind was spinning as I was taking in what was going on, so I started to look around when I noticed and older man sitting next to me with his arms in front of him chest as he looked at me in shock and what seemed like fear. At this time, I had no idea what was going on to make him look at me like this. Once he noticed I was awake he simple said, “Ho ho … so you finally woke up?”

My mind was still in a daze. “Where are we right now and are you the one that saved me?”

“Well save may not be the right word to for you to use here kid. More like you jumped in here all on your own. We didn’t even notice you were here till this morning so you have as good of a guess as I do at the moment. But from the amount of blood that stained the carriage I am wondering how in the world did you wake up?”

“What blood I was never bleeding in the first place old timer! And what do you mean I jumped in here myself my legs and ribs are broke so how in the world would I be able to move myself right no…” as I was about to finish speaking I noticed something odd, I wasn’t in any pain who is that possible? I moved my hands along my rib cage to check when I noticed that my broken ribs were healed up, even my legs were healed but completely stiff. What is going on here? I couldn’t help but ask myself.

“O and to answer your first question we are about 10 km from the town called “Silver Crescent” which is about 2,000 km from the capital of Western Cross nation.” As he told me this I was completely flabbergasted, how is this possible? The field I was in should have been the one that was about 7 km away from my village. But from what I can take from what he is telling me I have only been in the carriage for a night. Now normally that wouldn’t be a problem, but my village was at the edge of the Western Cross border and I had once remember that my father said that the town Silver Crescent was over 50,000 km from the village so how is this possible? I just sat there with unfocused eyes trying to wrap my brain around what was going on, however nothing came to mind just what happened after I blacked out? And who or what’s blood is on my clothes right now!?

“Hey! Hey kid what are you spacing out about? Also what with that look on your face it’s almost like you seen a damned ghost. As do you want to tell me how it is that you can to be sleeping my carriage?” He looked at me with a confused expression as if he was wondering if I was mentally ok.

This old man’s question knocked me out of my daze but at the same time images of what happened started to play back in my head. Watching the flames burn down everything around me, the screams and the cries of the people and the animals around me dyeing started flowing back into my mind. I couldn’t control it my despair, my anger, my sadness all came back when these scenes played in my head make me feel the tears form in my eyes. I don’t want to remember this; it hurts like someone is taking a knife to my heart.

After he ask the question he noticed the change in the young man before him, he could see the man was in pain … pain that even as someone who has no idea what had happened could feel his heart tighten up. This child’s eye changed many times as he looked into them at one point the showed a deep almost unbearable sadness with almost no light in them, others it turned into something so dark that even the air seemed to have drop in tempter just from the pure hate coming off of this one person making him fear for his own life if this man lost it. But at the same time they would change into eyes that longed for life like a well filled with hope. What is this I can’t make out what is going on with the young one here anymore just what had he seen to make him like this? The old man couldn’t help but wonder, but he knew it was not wise to ask so he just left it as it was.

“Say there I had seemed to had forgotten to ask for your name. Would you mind telling me? My names Jim by the way.” Jim was trying his best to change the topic so that this child would come back from his mind. Which it seemed to had worked as he watched the lights in this child’s eyes calm again.

I kept shacking my after I had heard Jim ask me for my name I was trying to clear my head enough to tell him my name “cough… cough” my throat had tightened up making it harder to talk so I had to talk in a lower tone to where it was almost a whisper “My name is Stalma.”

“Stalma is it? That is one weird name you have their kid.” Jim had a smile on his face as he was looking at me. I don’t know why but when he said this I couldn’t smile I could tell he was trying to brighten up my mood but it was like I had my smile taken from me. All I could do was force a smile on my face to lessen Jims worries.

Time started to pass as Jim and I chatted. He seemed to love to tell the stories when he was young, at that time he was a solider fighting on the border on the Western Cross, he told me about how his platoon had to hold of a small group of demons and magic beasts before they could cross the border to the town of Shadows, when I heard that name I couldn’t help but think that this town name was strange why would anyone want to call the place they lived Shadows? Who would want to come to a down that seemed to have shady history? But I continued to listen to his stories because for some reason listening to these tales of battles to survive and to help people who could do nothing if these troubles were not help back seemed to make me want to change I wanted to help people so the things that happened to be didn’t happen to the people I was around… but at the same time the pain I feel in my chest made me scared. Scared to get up, scared to lose more people if I get close to them, scared to face this aches feeling I have it makes me feel heavy … it’s so heavy … someone help me, I feel like I being crushed again it hurts. But I can’t show this to Jim he is a nice man, but I feel like this is not the right path for me right now.

I need to find my own path to follow, but what do I want to do with myself? I am scared, but I can’t let this win I need to push I know this is not something I can control but I need to move… MOVE DAMN IT! I have lost my family, my friends, I have nothing left from my past I am already at the bottom so let’s see where this road down here goes from here. Maybe at the end of all this I can fill this hollow feeling in my heart.

“Hey, Jim I want to thank you.” I forced a smile again it feels so hollow being like this.

“Hmm… thank me for what?” He just sat there with a smile on his face.

“Well for one not kicking me out on my ass when you found me here. From what I can see you seemed to had even clear out space in this small carriage so I could rest more. As well as just talking to me I am truly thankful for that I will repay you one day, I just don’t know how at the moment.” Looking at him with sincerity in my eyes.

“Well I don’t really need a thanks for that, even I had done something like this in the past. As for paying me back why don’t you come work for me as a merchant? I don’t know if you have a place to go or even have work. However, if you come to work for me at least you can get some silver in your pockets so at least.” I could hear the concern in his voice, it was pretty touching for me seeing we had only started talking today. It made me feel like just how caring of a person he is.

But I had this feeling I couldn’t stay here I need to leave, I couldn’t place it all I know is this isn’t my path.” I thank you, but I can’t accept I need to go out on my own. I have this feeling there is something I need to do. I just don’t know what it is yet or where I am even going to go. So when we get to Silver Crescent we are going to have to part ways, but I know I will have to come find you again seeing as I still have a debt to pay.” As I finished speaking I bowed my head to Jim.

“Well damn it, here I was hoping I could get and recruit it’s always good to get some young blood in here otherwise this company is going to die of old age. But it’s not like I can stop you, nor do I have any plans to.” He reached into his pocket and a silver card and handed it to me.

“This is silver bank note its worth about 1,000 silver coins or about ten gold take it. It’s going to be help for you.” I looked at him is shock.

“Why would you give me something like this? I can’t possible take it from you.” I tried to hand it back to him, but he would take it.

“Don’t think of it as a gift, but as an investment I don’t know why as well but I have a feeling it’s going to be worth it for me down to road to help you now. So don’t think about it. When morning comes were are going to be arriving in Silver Crescent, so make sure to get everything you need there before you leave to go where ever you go.” He just kept smiling as he got up and left.

“Hmm… what a nice man you met their kid.”

Everything just stop for me when I heard this voice again, how could I forget it. This damned voice the tortured me for fun!

“Where the fuck are you!? Show yourself Staltis!” I shouted as I couldn’t hold in my anger.

“Why bother shouting I am in your head Imbecile. And what’s this you remembered my name I didn’t think you were still awake after my little teasing.” As he was saying this it was in an almost sickeningly playful voice.

“Fuck you, now get out of my head you messed up sadist.” I sneered at him.

“Now … Now we need to talk hear kid you passed the first trial.” Staltis just laughed it off.

“Trial what trial?” I was completely lost.

10. Jagsaw

Jagsaw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Working on the next chapter finally found how I want to write this story and where I want to take it.