Spoiler Those Years I Operated a Zoo

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Anra7777, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/those-years-i-operated-a-zoo/

I’m just too curious to know: when does ML come to look like a penguin? I assume Luya, the red gold crow, is ML, but on the cover of the book, the person in the ML’s space, has the coloring and look of a penguin. Is it a different person? Is Luya not ML? Or did they decide to put someone other than ML on the cover? Or did the cover illustrator just massively screw up?

If anyone knows, I’d be grateful for the clarification!

2. redxx

redxx Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hahahah, Noooooo he won't be the penguin

and Luya is the ML

3. Anra7777

Reading List:
    Link
    So it is a different person on the cover?

4. redxx

redxx Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The black shirt guy holding a bucket of fish is ML
    The green shirt brown hair is the MC
    the rest is the soon to be crew

5. Anra7777

Reading List:
    Link
    So how come he has black hair with a gold streak (looking, to me, at least, like a penguin) instead of the red gold hair described in the novel? That’s why I was thinking it must be a different person, a disguise, or the illustrator messed up.

6. redxx

redxx Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YEs the illustrator screwed up >.>

Anra7777 likes this.
  7. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link
    Mtl this novel is too damn hard *sigh*

8. RiYueLingKong

RiYueLingKong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Need a character list to keep up here.
    First written: 29 Apr 2019
    Lingyou Zoo (灵囿动物园): named after the zoo of King Wen of Zhou, setting of the novel.

STAFF
    • Duan Jiaze (段佳泽) :Director of Lingyou Zoo. Main character.
    • Xiao Su: main broadcaster
    • Xu Chenggong
    • Huang Qi (黄芪) : businessman driven to desperation by the ghost of his ex, takes up a job initially to stay after hours, later becomes vice-director.
    DISPATCHED ANIMALS | STAFF
    • Lu Ya (陆压) : Sole remaining three-legged golden crow between heaven and earth. ML. Arsonist tendencies, tsundere. He and his brothers were shot down by the archer Houyi. Assumes the identity of the Luya bird as an animal.
    • You Su (有苏) : Nine-tailed fox, identified as Daji. Featured in Fengshen Yanyi as the villain who seduced King Zhou of Shang and caused the dynasty's downfall. Inventions of torture include the Deer Tower, the Snake Pit, and the Bronze Toaster. Plays as an Arctic Fox who gives mysterious luck to people who pray at the exhibit.
    • Bai Suzhen (白素贞): the Madame White Snake of legend, medical practitioner. Exhibits as a white snake with fellow snake Xiao Qing, who is currently in a male body to avoid matchmaking.
    • Xiong Siqian (熊思谦) : Black Bear spirit, first recorded in Journey to the West as thieving Tripitaka's cassock. Brings along Purple Bamboo and a few droplets of Guanyin's Willow Dew, which are contributed to the zoo as tribute.
    • Zhu Feng (朱烽): also called Shihuo-Xingjun, personification of the Encampment mansion of the 28 Mansions. Designs and builds as needed. Assumes the identity of a pig.
    • Jingwei (精卫) : daughter of Yandi, has a tendency to throw stones into the sea in an effort to fill it up. Brought along the Five Grains of Shennong as a snack, which are then contributed to the zoo project. Takes an interest in environmental enrichment after coming down. Has a tendency to give rocks as presents which then contain valuable materials. Assumes the identity of a bird.
    • Ling Gan (灵感) : goldfish spirit, colleague to Xiong Siqian and Co at Mt Potalaka under Guanyin. Also former antagonist in Journey to the West. Brings along a cup of Willow Dew and a lotus, which is planted in one of the zoo lakes as contribution and whose roots are added to the menu. Lives in the man-made lake.
    • Kunpeng (鲲鹏) : a really big fish-bird demon of ancient legend, knew Luya. Trapped in a small boy form with power restrained. Likes cats. Lives in the Ocean exhibit.
    • Shancai (善财) : original name Red Boy, also from Journey to the West. Sneaks down for vacation, brings along whole bucket of Willow Dew. Masquerades as American buffalo in work hours.
    • Jieguang: a literal divine horse. Only those 18 and above are allowed to ride him.
    • Qixi Magpie: the magpies responsible for carrying the Cowherd and Weaving Maid on the Magpie Bridge. Due to overpopulation, a flock of 8,000 were assigned to Lingyou Zoo.
    • Nanke Ant: ants with the power to create dreams, from the folktales of "Dream of Nanke". A colony of 22,000 was assigned to Lingyou Zoo.
    • Ling Guang: Star-Lord of the Vermilion Bird.
    • Yuan Hong:
    • Nine-Headed Worm, also called Xiaojiu: Villain from Journey to the West.
    • Kong Xuan

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  9. Eustasia

Eustasia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can you mtl this noveeeelll? I'm really hungry for more chappies

10. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Yaoilover-89 and Eustasia like this.
  11. pcheshire

pcheshire Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone tell me what that spoiler in the novelupdates is about? what little water dragon? does the mc have a secret or something? Thanks.

12. Jadeite524

Jadeite524 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC is actually a water dragon that got reincarnated into a human and the zoo system is a way for him to be able to get back his immortal status

13. pcheshire

pcheshire Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks a lot! (Lol many girls waiting to call him uncle xD)
    Btw... mind clarifying how and why he reincarnated? Did he not hatch or did he fall in battle or something?
    Also... why does Lu Ya not like dragons?(was it dragons, water, or aquatic beings?)
    How about the extras? What were they about? I tried to read mtl but I got confused by them.

14. hiryukaede

hiryukaede The reader that always hunting an unique story~~~

Reading List:
    Link
    Im waiting for more spoiler, like, how the fall in love? Who confess firts? How they meet? Any lovey dovey scene there?... :cookie:
    And.. any smutty part in the novel? :blobamused:

pcheshire likes this.
  15. redxx

redxx Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Slow born, mc and ml started out rough then their relationship got better and better, until straight MC accepted that he was bent by ML and if i rmb correctly, ML thought they were in r/s, but MC was like '???'

And there are plentiful of lovey dovey scenes
    At least to me, it makes me go "awwwww"

Like there was one scene where MC was doing a broadcast, and ML as the bird form was in his arms, then ML start combing MC's hair for him with his beak. Added on to author's desciption of the orange sunlight casting itself onto MC + the fan viewing the broadcast saying comments on how sweet the scene is.... deadededed.

and MC confessed first (kind of) their confession was really... hahahhaah :blobpopcorn_cool:

And yes theres smutty part:aww: strong ml is strong

And i forget the plot so cant answer the one on top hahah

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  16. hiryukaede

Reading List:
    Link
    ..... Can you tell me, which chapter is their smutty part?:blobamused:
    Also, did the seme still virgin? Or have someone before the MC come?:hmm::sweating_profusely:

Minaeli, Darkness7913 and pcheshire like this.
  17. redxx

redxx Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    155, good luck finding it!

ML is a virgin and he ask MC to teach him hahaha:blobmelt:

Minaeli, azinine, pcheshire and 3 others like this.
  18. hiryukaede

Reading List:
    Link
    Hohoho, time for sacriface my brain cells... Thanks tho:blobamused:

19. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003 @Aforia @alaskapalaman @Alegria Jones @azinine @Aanudari1997
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress @chocolatechipcookie @Chenqing @cas_ciel21
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan @dreamxx @DhiVhi @Divyasingh1
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea @Emaris @Epsea
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23 @frozenlimabeans
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer @gnessa14 @Gaikmeg
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu @Hikari111
    @iampsyx @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan @lry93
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry @Kaylee
    @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness @LUCKYRADHI @Lysanderayumi
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara @missbellatrix @MonoNoAware @Mookyulie
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @Ozzieozz @oleti
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk @Pomee
    @Queue
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome @susanty.smile @Shivani @Sheri_Yui_Chan
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy @thundersh @TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove @Triedtoeatfries
    @UpInTheAir @umekookii
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom @White Head Ice Prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125 @xblkdragonx
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen @YaoiMom22
    @Zennie_613
    @324722 @2Bon2B

pcheshire, Queue, Selax and 5 others like this.
  20. ForbiddenOath

ForbiddenOath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Super super super slow burn for this novel but it's made for those who need a really lighthearted novel to read. I highly recommend not to eat or drink anything while reading this novel.

I think in the beginning ML only possessive with the MC because the MC cooks really good, and ML doesn't allow anyone else to eat the food. So MC has to cook the food for him while the rest has to eat at the cafeteria every day.
    Through the app reward, they got their first child ( penguin egg ) that the ML end up having to babysit 'til it hatches. Ahem, ML didn't know that penguin couldn't fly. They become attached to the penguin and ML decided he has to teach the penguin how to cultivate and breathes fire etc. They named the penguin Miracle and in the end, it returns to heaven with the rest of the group...with their other 50ish children. ( the macaw they rescued that end up staying at the zoo )

alexfilia, Minaeli, azinine and 2 others like this.