Discussion Tapread

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Saphychan, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saphychan

Saphychan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay,so I'm not condemning them since I'm not fully aware of their internal situation, but what's up with Tapread?
    They have a ton of great titles and I'm attracted to quite a few, but their translations are hardly better than mtl that I get a headache trying to read through or even just get the gist of the story and its heartbreaking because the number is absolutely outrageous.

strayCat0 and Fallion like this.
  2. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    tapread is the novel hosting website expansion to international market from one of the bigger website in china, same as qidian international
    but instead of dmca every translator that doesn't bow to their will like qidian they either use translator whose english skill leave a lot to desire or simply MTL and hope that one day an english editor will fix that mess

strayCat0 and Sabruness like this.
  3. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    it's a sad day indeed when i feel like yen press has higher standards. japanese win again, i suppose.

that said, i don't think i've seen anything about them contacting translators to work with 'em. they just sort of started doin their own thing and people quit on their own translations to avoid any legal issues.

strayCat0 likes this.
  4. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    +1
    Expansion, and thus competition, is good but unfortunately qidian is a bad example which leaves other companies thinking that crappy, nonsensical MTL is the way to go.

strayCat0 and Westeller like this.
  5. KuroKaze

KuroKaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well true their editing sucks but in their defence their the translation of godly stay-home dad is improving.
    and that their only novel i read so i can only talk about that one

6. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i do not understand why they are not taking the stuff WW did and putting it on their website.

iirc rwx post about tapread said that he was okay with dual hosting

Rumby and strayCat0 like this.
  7. Saphychan

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree! Godly Stay-Home Dad was the first novel I started reading from them and the quality has increased lately; but not being able to enjoy those other titles with enticing synopsis is agonizing for a book addict like myself.
    uwu, the pain is excruciating I tell ya!

strayCat0 likes this.
  8. Saphychan

Reading List:
    Link
    I've only recently come to understand the darkside of Quidian and I agree, its really not a good example; they're pretty much monopolizing the market for translators which will make us readers suffer in the future unless we fork over the cash for premium. T~~T

strayCat0 likes this.
  9. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of the qidian translations are trash (as i understand it) anyway. that's the bad example im getting at.

strayCat0 likes this.
  10. Weneary

Weneary Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian only has few badly translated novels. Most of them have good quality. They have brought us a lot of good novels with the daily release. Whatever tapread is doing looks pretty meaningless, it would be more beneficial to translate even 1 good quality novel compared to dozens of mtl.

lafiel11 and Saphychan like this.
  11. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    You sound like a Qidian shill but it's an old account... but it's been barely used for comments and likes.... :blobunsure::hmm::blobhyperthink:

12. Weneary

Weneary Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, actually I read a lot of novels from there and they all seem very readable with no problem to me. I have not checked tapread translaton, only heard that it is mtl from nu forum. Any example which novel has a bad translation from qidian?

13. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its edited mtl
    there are so many examples of how trashy their translations are all over the place

14. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Their platform is still in beta-phase so they didn't bother to hire a real tl yet. Any novels in there are either dual-host or MTL. The novels are only placeholders at this point.

Kuro_0ni and Saphychan like this.
  15. lafiel11

lafiel11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I take it that you don't read a single novel from webnovel and just trash talk and repeat words of butthurted entitled readers

16. Causal Reader

Causal Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No it's pretty trashy, currently reading one of their titles with advance MTL over their so called translation, easier on the brain.

17. Saphychan

Reading List:
    Link
    Which title on Quidian are you reading? Although I disapprove of their approach to the translation market, I've yet to come across a terribly translated novel on their platform. I'm curious.

18. 911

911 [Officer][Official Police][Tag me when needed]

Reading List:
    Link
    Try some good original, that the only thing that keeps me from Uninstal the app. It's a hard work for a great or writer there, having a hard time competing with the slaved title and translation of qi

19. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    All translated novel that i read in qidian have great translation. The great storyteller, superstars of tomorrow, hidden marriage, reverend insanity, throne of magical arcana, release that witch... The novel with bad translation is either dropped or deteted

Wujigege likes this.
  20. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Come on, you cannot blame Qidian for everything even if it rains
    Companies love cost cutting.
    Professional translators can charge up to $100 per chapter.
    A company with no experience with translating, with no season English subsidiary is bound to make huge missteps
    It was pretty easy to succeed though: dual hosting would have saved them lots of money.
    They should have given free licenses to fan translators in exchange for dual hosting. License can expire later and they get free translations and build thier library

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.