Discussion Why I like my romance served w/ zombies (I think)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Get Nepped, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Get Nepped

Get Nepped Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like apocalypse novels; mostly zombie ones. I also like romance in my zombie apocalypse novels. My mother, who reads about the same kind of novels, can't understand why I like my romance with Gore. I'm more into zombies + romance than just romance. I do read and enjoy romance of any type; but for some reason, I think romance + zombies is better. I've rattled on here for a while now, but the point is, why do I like my romance served with zombies? I was thinking about that earlier, and I thought I'd share the conclusion I came up with. I don't like my romance served with zombies, in fact this isn't about romance or zombies; this is about my heavy anxiety about living in a society with laws (and also a bit about my hoarding problem). The reason I like apocalypse novels is because, everyday, we are restricted by the laws of our society and its social norms. When society falls, you can do whatever the fuck you want! Break shit, hoard shit, whatever, you are alone in this and that's terrifying and utterly freeing. I always have this anxiety in the back of my mind worrying about the things you can't do, (you can't break that, you can't take that, you can't punch her) either cause you'll get arrested, but mostly because it'll affect how people see you. I have some hardcore social anxiety. There's always these things you can't do nowadays, so it turns out that apocalypse novels are another form of escapism for me. I mean, can you imagine, walking into a dollar store and stocking up on all their cheetos and mountain dew? :aww::aww::aww:

Going back to the hoarding thing for a second, for the zombie apocalypse novels those space means I can hoard a he'll of a lot more food than normal:blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns:.

Sorry it's so long I kinda just wanted to get my thoughts out there.:blobsweat_2:

Dovey, Arexio and Cutter Masterson like this.
  2. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Every time I see long posts I get English essay and thesis flashbacks :blobfearful: oh the horrors:sweating_profusely:

Dovey likes this.
  3. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m a fan of Highschool Of The Dead. You also might like it.

I also like the movie Warm Bodies.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  4. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't see any romance on a zombie apocalyptic world but morelike thinking of a minecraft survival game. The freedom you could do and having multiple paths to choose could be awesome. Though, having lost people you know or love is kinda depressing but making a society could be a good idea to heal the mind.

5. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I like zombie waifus because they're easy to please.

6. jackateonetoo

jackateonetoo Wet Dog

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer romcom over romzom

7. Arexio

Arexio Blob Fanatic | AG Player

Reading List:
    Link
    Same reasons why I like the Apocalypse genre the most. It's really one of the most ultimate escapism experiences for me.

That and sometimes High Fantasy too. But even that world has laws and norms one must always obey.

I'm assuming you've read Reborn Otaku and Shouldering already, no? And ofc there's Dominion's End.

I really dig apocalypse too, so if you find some good ones. Let me know. Don't really care whether it's BL or straight. The escapism works for me either way. :blogdog:

P.S. - You might like the RP subforums. Check out AG if that's your thing. Peace out.

8. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m a hero manga pretty good romance and weird zombie alien thingy

9. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Zombies are the best.