Discussion Username and Avatar

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mrgameandwatch77, Nov 11, 2015.

?

What made you choose your username?

1. Had the same one for other accounts already

52.9%
  2. Felt like trying something new

12.9%
  3. Was too lazy to think up something better

21.8%
  4. Just mixed several usernames

3.4%
  5. I want to change my username if possible

5.5%
  6. "Rage option" - Pie

3.6%
  1. trufella

trufella Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well this name are one of my fave name and i used in other platform too. This name was create when i try make manga (only until 1 chapter and many discard storyboard), its come as a supporting male role, a little sweet and kind male friend.

For my avatar well i usually choose from my stockpile fave picture and forgot about it, maybe will change it depend my mood. He is Dick Grayson from Batman.

2. iamlucifer3

iamlucifer3 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been using this for years on twitter and Instagram.... I guess it was just slight deviation towards devil that made this username...

3. GoGet

GoGet Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One I use in a lot of places, I get surprised whenever I join somewhere and it isn't taken.

It's rockin!

fuqifeipian4 likes this.
  4. byeolbe

byeolbe Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My name means "raining star." Byeol (star) and Be (rain) and my avatar is a Paopu fruit, which is from Kingdom Hearts!

5. Tachi Works

Tachi Works Not a very well known member

Reading List:
    Link
    in fashion class we had to come up with a fashion company name, and i used combined my username Feta_Chi (derived from feta cheese) into (Fe)Tachi Works bc adding works after something made it sound official like a business (water works, ink works, iron works etc). Therefore Tachi WOrks

6. Lukha

Lukha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Originally, I go by the name Luca. But since that was taken, I also go by the uncommon spelling of the same name (which is Lukha). As a weird science girl, I liked the name and thought it was cool because it also related to biology which was one of my favorite subjects in school. LUCA=Last Universal Common Ancestor. And also it was the name of one of my favorite characters in a manga called Immortal Rain. Hnng, the memories.

orematcha likes this.
  7. Rouzmary

Rouzmary Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I came up with it waaaay back, more than a decade by now, and use it pretty much all the time whenever I sign up somewhere.
    I think I had on some other site written it's whole, long creation...but can't remember where it was now, che. Once I do, I'll post it here cuz the short version wouldn't do it justice, for I do love symbolism and mine is full with it.

As for the avatar, usually I choose the one where I am, but this time for some reason decided to go with anime one - Cheza from Wolf's Rain. WR was my very first anime (pokemon & such not included) when I became aware of the term anime and got dragged into the anime world XD
    WR is still among my favourite animes, sooo, Cheza it is ;)

Edit: aha, remembered! It was on myanimelist!
    So, here goes, copy & paste :D
    My real name is a flower- Buttercup in English, but in Latvian it's Gundega (a kind of a rare girl's name in Latvia, but nothing unusual) - so I'm partial to flower names.

Thus I picked Rose cuz it's both beautiful but also has thorns. And the 2nd part Mary is cuz I sort of love long/two part names, all those Elizabeth's, Rosemary's, Alexander's and such.

So with Rose I automatically thought of Rosemary.

And since I do like the words meaning from it's Latin origins "dew of the sea" because water is supposedly my element (which is kind of ironic since Gundega derives it's name in Latvian from the plant's fiery ability) I thought it fit perfectly cuz my personality is rather a conundrum at times and not to mention rosemary is a plant and buttercup a flower - perfect. And to add to it's perfectness rosemary can be also called anthos, from ancient Greek, meaning "flower".

Thus Rosemary was chosen. For it's truly perfect for me.
    But since I love my motherland, as a way to show this connection to my Latvian roots as I started to roam around the net in foreign tongue, I decided to show it by changing Rose's writing - I write it in Latvian as it is pronounced when said in English thus Rose -> Rouz

Therefore my username in like, 99% of all the places I am on is Rouzmary ^^
    And even thou the writing is different, it's to be read/pronounced the same as Rosemary ;)

I do like symbolism and deeper meanings XD
    Also, I came up with it waaay back in 2005 when I was 13 yo and more than a decade later I still love it and use it ;D

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  8. Ashputtel

Ashputtel Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ashputtel is OG cinderella from good ol’ Brothers Grimm

9. Bob_the_Skull

Bob_the_Skull Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bob is a spirit in the Urban Fantasy book series "Dresden Files" He is unaging and has an epidemic memory making him a very useful companion for learning about spells, potions, and creatures. He provides alot of comedic relief in those books :).
    I usually pick this name if my first 3 or 4 attempted usernames fail.

10. Noxidian

Noxidian Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Took "nox" from nox cherubim in maplestory and combined it with obsidian = noxidian. I honestly just like the way it sounds, though I think the meaning of it isn't too bad (obsidian of the night, nocturnal rock, whatever lmao)

11. gingerale

gingerale Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was signing up for a throwaway account a few months back and had to think of a quick 'n easy name on the spot. It was available, so I just went ahead with it. Strangely, on several sites I've been on, nobody's taken it yet, so I just kept reusing. (I doubt the same can the said for more active/popular sites though--I haven't tried--so if you see someone out there named "gingerale," it probably isn't me.)

12. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    eh? we don't have 'it's my name' option :p:blob_grin::blob_grin::blob_grin:
    i have the same username for my IG so i just use it. it's kind of my 'adult' username since my coworkers and friends know me by my name and using my other username sound 'childish'

my other username are kumiho.vixen / kumihovixen / kumiho
    i mostly use that for my art acc or game username. it's has been those since 2005. i really attached to this username 'Kumiho'. That time, Yu Yu Hakusho was aired for the first time in my local TV and i like Kurama very much. i choose fox as my fav animal then. Kumiho is a nine-tailed demon fox, so there is my username. :blob_grin:

my avatar is my recent fanart of Rika from Mystic Messenger tho. will be changed when i have another art

13. usecontrol

usecontrol Member

Reading List:
    Link
    css -class

14. Clerudx

Clerudx Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: from my favorite game character + xd which is my favorite expression at the time only reversed.

15. Cascadian Rex

Cascadian Rex Villain with a thousand faces | Lychee's rival

Reading List:
    Link
    @Welcome to NUF

16. Pockychu

Pockychu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love pocky and pikachu.:pikablob::blobsmilehappy:

17. deanzel

deanzel Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The dankest avatar ever. That's why.

18. auraizen

auraizen aeu •.*°☆「procrastinating 」『always sleepy』

Reading List:
    Link
    My username was just me being frustrated from everything I liked being taken so I tried to find something super unique. I was just brainstorming and was thinking like uhhh horizon? and got to auraizen somehow aha

My avatar is just one of the many characters I love

19. Daisydacrazy

Daisydacrazy !!

Reading List:
    Link
    Mine is some childhood jokes + laziness to change it

20. Xalysian

Xalysian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Xalysian, man!~ This sure takes me back to the old days, holy hell.

I used to really enjoy playing (complete addiction) a MMORPG called Dragon Nest, it was around end-70cap and I just thought up some names that could make me feel 'recognized'. Around level 24, I stopped playing for a bit, just to change a character to a different class + name.

Enter, Xalkren. An Assassin class, oh how I loved playing as this class back in 70cap. I first entered PVP that time when I was around level 16 or higher, getting a duel request from a level 24-ish Warrior/Swordmaster. I won three rounds after losing twice in a row, the person left the match - giving me my first taste of PVP victory.

Alright, fast forward a couple years and here's the true meaning behind Xal-ysian. Xal is mainly from my odd sense of naming my in-game characters as such examples; Xalkren, Xaluren, Xalina, Xalsedo, and so on as long as it sounded cooler in my head back then. -ysian however, is a bit complicated. Malaysian. Mala-ysian, I guess.

(How to pronounce Xalysian; Sal-ly-sian, Col-li-sion, Kale-e-sian)