Recommendations My well is dry

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Noice, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Noice

Noice Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have nothing to read and now I'm bored. I enjoy novels similar to God of Cooking with a reality show / showbiz aspect
    I'm fine with anything Yuri, yaoi ill read anything but please no harem

2. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
  3. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Noice

Noice Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try the Showbiz tag. Or Celebrities.

Beside Top Management, it's hard to find good showbiz series without being a romance+drama focused one. Also even harder to find it with an active translation and impossible for it to have a good release rate.

I can recommend you:
    Marriage Concerto (Small Thing Called Love)
    Romance with a focus on the singer path of female MC and her husband being a not-well known (because the job is not compared to the singers) producer that only pull out good songs, completed, short, i only read half but doesn't look like there is lot of drama, just minor setbacks.
    Not sure how it compare to Top Management because of i didn't read it but i think with Marriage Concerto i saw a part of showbiz with it.
    Still the part about "when did MC fall in love with ML ?" is a little ignored, sure there was a feeling of close friendship in the air when they were together and ML acted jealous for her but her suddenly not resisting (because it felt right to not to) ML trying to have sex with her (because he felt possessive of her) felt rushed without true romance before and didn't click right for me.
    Even though they maybe can be considered childhood friends and ML acted and surely was in love when they were young, doesn't really answer why MC is fine with having sex and burning the marriage contract insinuating that she is in love with ML.

6. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's nice to see to also accept yuri novels but sadly i think showbiz yuri it's near non-existent (we only got a few yuri/shoujo-ai novels) on NU. Maybe there are more not translated.
    There is just one that can be interesting (that i keep an eye on):
    Genderbent MC that reincarnate in the past and will plagiarize blockerbusters (just her first work was original)
    No active translation and only a few chapters not allowing readers to really see a lot of the story
    Hollywood Secret Garden
    Kinda want to see with who MC is gonna be yuri with.
    PS: got a small dislike for gender-bender, i would have prefered that it was a true woman (i think authors of the genre just do it because it's the easiest way to explain why MC likes/loves girls despite being a girl and don't need to write how a female MC started to fall for girls)