Recommendations Novel recommendation for female

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by rleon, Mar 13, 2019.

1. rleon

rleon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am a male, i want to introduce novel reading hobby to my gf, but i don't know what novel does the female like. What is the best jp novel for female?

2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    thepope and Trirain like this.
  3. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ^
    Don't believe him, it's a recuring joke because the series is really famous for how bad it is.

4. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think there r that many JP BL novels and, even if there r, I don't know their names. Sorry. :blogdog:

5. Sansome

Sansome A Kind and Honest Villager X

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think poster said that he wanted BL, but it's true that it kinda insinuate "I want BL" when someone ask for stories targeted to females.

7. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    aaxpWgAn_700w_0.jpg

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  8. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Gonna recommend different stuffs to wait for more until i say i don't have more (not sure if i will find a lot):
    Tensei Reijou wa Shomin no Aji ni Uete Iru
    Slice of life, a duke's daughter remembers her past life as office worker that had a hobby of cooking. You follow her as she recreates modern food stuff. No romance (yet?).

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  9. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    How about:

Ascendance of a Bookworm
    Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear
    Demon Girl ~Tale of a Lax Demon~
    Evil God Average
    I Said Make My Abilities Average!
    Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?
    Tensei Shoujo no Rirekisho
    Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu

Didn't the mods warn not to suggest Invisible Dragon unless it fits? Invisible Dragon is not a novel for new people to read because the context would be completely lost on them.

10. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m not sure because i’m male but i’d like to recommand Kenkyo Kenjitsu. However don’t know if she is used to words like « -sama, -kun, -san.. » which can makes her uncomfortable if not used.

haweii likes this.
  11. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Akugyaku reijou ni koi o shite

The romance in this one is high! It's good for girls, at least in my opinion

haweii likes this.
  12. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    haweii likes this.
  13. KurouDaijuji

KurouDaijuji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the "Series Finder" the "Josei" genre is, mostly, for Women, while "Shoujo" would be aimed at "Girls", "Shoujo Ai" is "Girls Love" so not necessarily a subset of "Shoujo".

14. abewan

abewan 〘Nishikigoi Dungeon〙

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Novels that were adapted to anime should be a good start :hmm:, something like 'Konosuba' or 'Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e' or 'Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai' or 'Chrome Shelled Regios', well many, basically try to introduce her to the novels that you read (You should be able to explain better the novel reading if it is something you like, no :blobsmilehappy:?)

16. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want to come off as snide, but does you girlfriend even do any leisure reading? I ask because I know people who don't, ie they haven't touched a novel outside of the ones they were FORCED to read in school. If she doesn't have the inclination to read on her own, I doubt you'll be able to interest her with whatever anyone recommends.

But assuming that she does read paper novels, have you looked at her books? The way to get the direction to start with is her existing personal library. Does she have stacks of books at home? Has she discussed novels with you? Has she given you reading suggestions?

17. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm refering to the titles of my quote.
    Ascendance can be interesting with a focus on "MC is really weak+ill and poor but try to reach her dream of being surrounded by books in isekai by using her modern knowledge", with quite a bit of drama.
    MC's family fake her death because MC needs to be adopted by a noble because it's necessary she attends nobles' school because of her illness that spawn too much mana in her body
    It's said that later she will marry the friend/priest because it allow her to stay close to books and because that she got too much mana and can only have children with someone that got a decent quantity of mana

Kuma, really recommending this one. Fluff adventure without problems because of cheats, always saving the place (it can be a little cringy because from a pessimist mind it can looks like the different places always get into big troubles only for putting MC into the light time), the half part of the story is focused on MC's slice of life and her recreating dishes from modern world

Demon girl kinda warning that at one point it turn from fluffy to sudden gruesome killing

Evil God Average, i didn't like it, nothing really funny/interesting to it

Abilities average, depends heavily on the reader humor sense to like it or not. MC do mindblowing stuff and try to have a good life as a adventurer.

Kumo desu ga, just a nice "Weak MC reincarnated into a monster, try to survive by grinding her lvl just like a rpg", caution a bad recommendation if the girl dislike seeing rpg grinding. Try it if you don't know. Another warning, from the readers the series goes downhill after MC gets a humanoid body and goes out of the rpg system.

Tensei Shoujo no Rirekisho
    lol ! why did you recommend that ! it's kinda bad. Because if you ignore the not obvious plotholes, there are some dislikeable parts. But it's mostly from my pov. It's a "Modern world girl reincarnating into isekai without cheats where magic is declining and sometimes her modern knowledge"

Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu
    Only if the girl wants a shoujo romance. A "MC understand she is the villainess of a manga and try to not incur the wrath of the good guys"

18. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN ! What you are saying is totally smart and correct ! I want to applaud your geniusness.
    But yeah i kinda thought a little that it would help us to know which mangas she does read (i hope not shoujo romance only).
    Try to ask her what would interest her.

Try to see if she is interested in reading the WN/LN version of mangas she is reading (and defacto she won't need to wait for more chapters, even though she would surely wait again if it was not totally translated in WN/LN) because i started to really read WN/LN because i wanted to know what happens next to a monthly manga and couldn't wait for it knowing that the manga take material from a WN.

19. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Cause it is better than people give it credit for? It's a very light read, but it's one of the few isekai where the MC is not given everything on a golden platter. And just because she is smart, doesn't mean she can invent guns a few years in or the like, at best, all she could do is bronze age tech due to limitations of tooling and expertise.

I'm not saying it is issue free, but it is better than most isekai out there. And I have not seen anyone put out a valid complaint about it, most of the "plot holes" people mention in the bad reviews aren't really plot holes but more of them not thinking about the underlining world and treating it as other isekai. Which isn't surprising due to the light tone it uses one might not realize the world is thought out better than they give it credit for.

If you want, you can read the review I left for it which addresses a lot of people's misunderstandings about the novel

20. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link