Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 911

911 [Officer][Official Police][Tag me when needed]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's.... Quite the recommendation

Ddraig and Moonpearl like this.
  2. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nyahaha ! At least i am happy that you didn't miss my post ! So which series are you gonna start with ?

*Read my long list* ................ I think i will tell you the truth........ They near-all suck, some less then others.
    After reading some fluffy romance in Andur and Rebirth on the Doors to the Civil Affairs Bureau, i think i crave for something with actual substance in the romance and not some boring shoujo-ai stuff !

To really please me i think i need something as good as:
    The Magician & Her Princess, full of fluff / only fluff and they already had sex with a loveydovey life /in sight/in the future !
    Duke’s Daughter Will Not Fall Somehow her love resonate with me or i'm just delusional / i find the whole plot really interesting
    My Disciple Wants to Tease Me Every Day High potential ! Because FL is a yandere that will one day push down MC into the bed !
    Hollywood Secret Garden Not sure how it will develop but got high expectations for it because i'm curious with who MC will end up with ! Even though i dislike that MC plagiarize blockbusters !

But the best is the series of only 1 translated chapter of quick transmigration yuri :
    The Guide to the Peak of Quick Transmigration
    Didn't know i would crave for more "morning after the act" yuri after tasting it ! It's too sweet ! It's too interesting ! My excitement is fully maxed out ! Even the mtl quality didn't stop me from enjoying this really good chapter ! Combining "the main couple encounters each other in multiple lifes" with "quick transmigration" is pure madness !!!! (in a good kind of way !!!!)
    Edit: Also i think that if it was in a manga i would have a nosebleed or some other reaction because of how loveydovey they seems.

*Excitement dies down* Now i am a little sad because i can't get my hands on future chapters of my favorite series.

Ubik likes this.
  3. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    I want yuri that is so loveydovey and/or fluffy that it is nauseating !!!

Just like Sukinako ga Megane wo Wasureta (not yuri) chapter 10 or I came back in order to see you (yuri / RR) when the 2 girls were together.

Ubik likes this.
  4. Zedzack

Zedzack Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need fluff...lots of it to flush my mind of Kuttsukiboshi...

The twist of ep1 hurts :blobsalt:

Edit: Removed crude language made in anger

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  5. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry not yuri and not a recommendation:
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-distinguished-cute-master/
    A similar plot of "My disciple wants to tease me everyday" in that MC transmigrate in cultivation isekai and take care of a kid that will later on takes advantage of her. Looks like the genre is getting momento, just kidding !

Just check everything that i said 1 and 2 posts prior, a small bunch of fluff. (I'm a little offended that you didn't bother to read the recent posts on Yuri Garden or the last one)
    With first : The Guide to the Peak of Quick Transmigration

But yeah... kuttsukiboshi ep1 ending gave a pretty nasty NTR after-taste.
    PS: also it can hurts the feelings of people if they prefer to have both girls in yuri to never had/have sex with a man (them staying pure)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  6. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    *skims through almost all of the posts here*
    *whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiistles*

Honestly though, you can't expect most people to read through 80 pages worth of thread.

7. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Somehow i can't help but having this weird oppinion if someone don't read all the posts (can skip some if boring) of Yuri Garden, he/she is not a true Yuri Gardener.

*Also finds an error in previous statement*
    *Rectify previous post*

Moonpearl and AliceShiki like this.
  8. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like site is broken, second post pages are not even available, with same error as with chapter.

:hmm: are fluffy enough:
    Just Loving You
    extra chapters of Warm Place

and I hope that Garden of Amy will become more fluffy finally, at least they met again.
    Saw post in first edition. Anime recommendation section kinda neglected (less mentioned) in comparison with manga or novel ones. If there are ones should be added you can always suggest ones, fluffy ones preferable. :aww:

Moonpearl likes this.
  9. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    The Guide to the Peak of Quick Transmigration
    Chapter 2 just popped up ! And it's disappointing compared to ch1 ! It's the start of MC's transmigration.
    https://dovetranslations.home.blog/2019/03/13/gpqt-chapter-two/

Ch1 in my pov looks like their ending life on Earth after all the transmigrations.
    Ch2 also tell the life story of MC before she transmigrated and it's not happy looking at all:
    In short:
    She was kicked out of the house by her family for being a lesbian (she didn't want to hide it when she found out she was one, so she revealed it) and despite having real life encounters with fellow lesbians she couldn't find anyone because despite her normal height and well proportionned body, she got a big skeleton and that and her cute face are not matching. (It would be nice to see a drawing of MC on Earth because i totally can't picture in my mind what she looks like, and don't feel like googling and see pictures of corresponding real people)

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  10. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, we have a ton of BL with this plot already~! It's interesting to see it reach the het novels, though.

It might take new people a while to settle into the Garden, but that's fine, I think. 80 pages is a lot to read through...

I remember reading through 60 or so for the Danmei Room at the time, and that was a real labour of love (and stubbornness). I've never been tempted to do the same again.

And it was only just set up too... RIP.

Oh, so it's going for a grim and realistic angle. Well... At least the MC has no reason to be sad about dying the first time.

Ubik likes this.
  11. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    A warning about a disappointing oneshot even though it got good drawing style (author that appeared with another oneshot some days ago):
    https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/cast_a_spell
    I was interested in Childhood friends tag.
    I thought that it gonna be pretty yuri and saw yuri bloom when FL revealed that she didn't want MC to have a boyfriend, thinking it was a decent oneshot until i had a epiphany 0,1s after finishing it, still looking at last page.
    In my pov, if you are trully careful about the words, it really looks like it's just subtext/girls friendship with FL acting like a possessive friend, not wanting MC to get a boyfriend only so she stays her friend.
    It's not i only consider yuri if there are skinship or a confession, it's just that the utter lack of hints of romantic feelings that keep me thinking that it's not yuri.

BUT !
    If you are trully obstinate you can be positive or satisfied and think that it's indeed yuri because of the possessiveness of FL.

12. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    You're not the only one with that view. There's a lively discussion in the comments about this oneshot. i havent read it yet and i probably wont. I dont understand why it got the yuri tag when subtext tag would have been better

13. Dovey

Dovey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish I could provide you with some images, I think she has a more masculine frame, broad shoulders and the like? However is did say she had nice proportions so I cant be sure...

14. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    That is why i am confused !!!! Maybe it meant that she got decent boobs, waist/hips, ass = the 3 sizes (it's the correct stuff right ?) but that she is tall and broad shoulders but i think at 90% it was said she was 1.70 of height, so beside the shoulders i have no clue about what can be the problem.

*Ranting again* Kinda wanted to see more of "loveydovey after-transmigration" life (if my theory is true about them being on Earth at ch1), i'm really really disappointed i hope that we will get to see soon interesting or funny or loveydovey moments.
    I think it's the first time that i found that a yuri novel on NU was/is full of love and that my heart melted, immerging myself a little the story into it, with also a part of myself craving for something similar. Somehow other series are or "just sex" or "i can't forget that it's a novel" or "not enough yuri (yet)".

15. Suou

Suou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well the one i actually read till the recent raw is
    Reborn as the Hero’s Daughter! Time to Become the Hero Once More!
    where a hero was reborn as his friends' daughter. From the bad machine translation, the yuri is not really the focus and its more on the fantasy plot. Even though the MC is now a young girl, she is still attracted to her old love and the elf girl she saved in her past life loves her too. Currently, the latter found out the MC's identity, the former not yet. Some of our MC's old comrades also in the know except her parents of course. xD

i tried to find raws for the CN novels...but hard to find (i will not surprised if its blocked by a paywall)

16. Dovey

Dovey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mhm! Dont worry, we'll be getting to that point again relatively soon~

17. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Outside topic, not worth it to create a conversation "NUF thingy".

Your avatar is really pretty, i also like white-haired (and blonde) characters, link plz ? Too bad i feel uncomfortable with the eye (mainly because of how it's drawn), i like red eyes though (created my character in PSO2 with red eyes).

Edit: She kinda looks like Suigintou of the a little old anime Rozen Maiden.
    *Realize something* Or is it the character with flowers in it that also have white hair ?

Moonpearl likes this.
  18. Dovey

Dovey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah! It's actually not from anything as far as I know, I actually just used an old image I had on my computer...

19. Suou

Suou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh yeah before i forget...
    @Moonpearl can remove the link to that story of mine in the opening post? I'm not really writing it at all and not planning to anytime soon.

On another note...I should try to ignore NU ratings and try the other yuri titles...(since i ran out of stuff to read again...)

20. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly think ratings don't mean a thing in NU, many people give ratings with 0 basis... >.>