Discussion Did you ever shed a tear when listening to your favorite game music?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lazriser, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can no longer play Monster Hunter, but as I searched for Monster Hunter World news in YouTube. I found White Fatalis Frontier Z battle theme, and it actually made my face ugly as a baby. When I heard this legendary dragon's theme, I felt not happiness, but despair. I legit shed a tear with my jaws dropped.

Yes, I believe I might be overreacting, but when I read a particular comment as I listened to the chanting as the tempo rise. I felt I was there in that era, when the ancient civilization was eradicated from history. I saw White Fatalis no longer as a dragon, but as the supernatural force of nature itself.
    “The elder dragons always felt alien in some way, like they don’t belong in this world. Each and every one of them, from Teostra, Chameleos, Kirin, so on and so forth have been both supernatural and alien to the world of Monster Hunter.

Some would say they’re even Eldritch in a way, beings that wield great, unknowable powers. Of all the elder dragons, Fatalis was the most powerful. White Fatalis was godly.

Yet beyond the humble borders of the western Monster Hunter Series exists elder dragons that resemble even greater gods. Divine beings that need no comprehension, but reverence in their form, a blissful ignorance of their existence even as Hunters tear them down one by one.

And so what would a creature already blessed in its current form, ivory wings and presence oppressive, desire from the heavens? What could lands that have made elder dragons gods offer something already divine?

What could JAPAN do for White Fatalis that it doesn’t already have? That it wasn’t already given at birth?" - Rocco Sato
    The music while reading the comment made me envision our civilization in ruins in an alternate timeline, as our pride and knowledge created something we should have not. Something beyond our reach, yet we oppose the balance so passionately, as we continued to tempt and contest against it. We desired to control, but in our conquest to control everything, we forced the uncontrollable to fight back. Imagine Godzilla with wings and control over laws beyond our control.

Robofs740 likes this.
  2. Meloonseed

Meloonseed sobble

Reading List:
    Link
    minecraft music made me really sad

3. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Olives

Olives [Former] Professional Basement Dweller

Reading List:
    Link

I was a Dawn Warrior when the old cap used to be 120 for Cygnus Knights.
    Started bawling my eyes like the little baby I am after this.

5. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    This brings back countless memories of getting disintegrated by white fatallis:notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

6. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    this is not a game song, and neither it is an anime or the likes of it. It is just produced by one of my favorite composer group named mili. It had been a while like 1/2 year after i had downloaded it, but when i listened to it again I was kinda blown away?
    Anyway, this is the song:

7. Atl92

Atl92 [God] [Devil] [Hero] [Monster]

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a game music, but listening to the music in this scene always makes me shed a tear of just how fuckin awesome Kaiba was.

Oh yeah there's also this battle theme....fuck Cynthia so many tears shed out of sheer frustration.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  8. Ged Merrilin

Ged Merrilin Cat

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Einzwalker

Einzwalker Cook-Protagonist Hater

Reading List:
    Link
    Does music from Erog- I mean Visual Novels count? :blobowoevil:

10. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    For awhile after playing planetarium, I would tear up whenever I heard a certain hymn.

Chronos Bee likes this.
  11. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yes, even more so if it's a music from old games i played in my childhood

SinnyVic likes this.
  12. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    music from anime opening mostly.

13. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No. I have no real attachments to games. Only ones I do remember very fondly are Skyrim and Borderlands, since one is the best game I have ever played and the other is a game (with Borderlands 2) that I played a lot with my best mate

15. Mr. Meh Man

Mr. Meh Man Subtly suggests yuri

Reading List:
    Link
    You are not fighting to save the world from the black dragon who is destined to destroy it. You are not fighting to claim the world for humanity from the elder dragon who created it. When you face the music, you realize that you have already lost before you drew your weapons, that your cities are already burning. And soon, He will walk among them, the scant survivors peeking from behind the ruined walls of the burning city, before He summons a swarm of meteors to finish the city, before moving on to the next, razing everything that breathes along the way. Maybe, just maybe, a few people will escape one of the merely ruined cities, to train until reaching the strength to rival the black dragon, and will one day bring low the mighty beast, but it is a pointless endeavor, as His immortal heart will regrow His entire body, now vengeful, and will inevitably consume the transgressor, before continuing the endless quest to purge the world, turn the forests to ash, the deserts to glass, the mountains to volcanoes, and the very oceans to vapors, until none but He remain.

16. creator831

creator831 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I cried to the end of Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, was such a sad song

17. zloi medved

zloi medved Well-Known Green Tea Bitch

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely always tear up whenever I listen to the music box version of Broken Promise from Dark Cloud. That boss backstory is so McFucking sad. :blob_teary:

18. erl

erl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ragnarok online bgm

19. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link

2 games that brought me to tears

hasulin likes this.
  20. Robofs740

Robofs740 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That happened to me once when getting back into a game I used to play a lot. Usually when I'm farming/grinding in rpgs, I turn off the in-game music and sounds and have other music play in the background instead, but when I came back to Spiral Knights (with settings set back to default), I couldn't help but feel weird upon hearing its background music despite not listening to it a whole lot.