Is losing weight worth the effort?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bbctheory84, Mar 15, 2019.

Tags:
?

Is losing weight worth it?

Poll closed May 3, 2019.
  1. Yes if U really want to

33.3%
  2. No

5.6%
  3. Always worth being fit

54.2%
  4. Who cares

6.9%
  1. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    My whole life I’ve acted like I was fat and lazy...now my body type fits my mental image.:blobhighfive:

2. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    As the local degenerate, I think you should work out.

I'm a degen but I still do the essentials so my body stays at it's peak performance.

userunfriendly likes this.
  3. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Compared to others, your depravity is lacking. (that sentence..I never thought I’d say something like that.) :blobrofl::blobsweat_2:

4. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    The fuck does depravity mean?

userunfriendly and bbctheory84 like this.
  5. bbctheory84

bbctheory84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate when people use such high iq words cause it hurts my brain. Like why cant they keep it simple. its mad annyoing to have to use dictionary

userunfriendly and Mnotia like this.
  6. Luxcilla

Luxcilla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No since you will have a new body when you get reincarnated in a new world.

bbctheory84 likes this.
  7. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    It's all in the diet. I noticed I was looking a bit chubby and decided to try my first diet, first I stopped drinking soda, eating takeout and eating sweets.

I curbed my cravings with one chocolate milk a day, then slowly portion my meals, after that I only ate half a cup of oats/porridge and a boiled egg for breakfast, 2 boiled eggs and a fruit for lunch and a dinner with proper portions, lots of vegetables and a piece of meat the size of my palm.

The last step I completely stopped drinking milk and now only drink water, I only have half a cup of oats/porridge for breakfast, no lunch and a small dinner.

Been on it for a few months now and I've been losing some weight, I don't get hungry as I used to, have better skin and I wake up easier and urinate once a night instead of 3-4 times.

NOTE: I didn't put any toppings on the oats/porridge, just some plain hot water from the kettle.

bbctheory84 likes this.
  8. ishira

ishira Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can calculate the worth by defining what you want to gain, and you body characteristic. Like me who can't get slimmer whatever i do (but i's hard for me to gain weight too), i'm quite fit because i do exercise often, like running, cycling, badminton, etc. So if you only want to get fit, no need to exercise hard / dieting, just keep exercising regularly and your weight won't even matter.

But if you want to gain that 8-pack look for date, then you do need to exercise hard.

9. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Speaking as a mostly autodidact most of my life, I assumed that a large lexicon was quintessential to my vocabulary. However, after several looks of antipathy tword my loquaciousness and didactic pontification, I realized that true scholarship is inherently a dialectic tword verbosity.:blobhero:

It’s @Ai chan ’s posts are.:rolleyes::p

bbctheory84 likes this.
  10. HiroBlaze

HiroBlaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    According to the BMI calculator it is considered obese. 200-210 lbs would be the most ideal weight for you. It's slightly overweight, but manageable. Taller people tend to weigh more, need more food, etc.

Also, males have a tendency to handle weight gain better than females (physically speaking). Mine is 5'6 and 163 lbs with a bmi of 26.3, and I would need to lose 10 lbs to get back to normal weight again. For my case, I need to lose weight since I have a fatty liver due to indulging in high sugar and fatty foods over the last few months as well as the lack of exercise. I have a tendency to gain weight during winter, since I don't play sports or ride my bike anymore in the cold. As a result, my poor dietary habits catch up to me in the winter and I need to work hard in the spring.

11. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    That very hard to say, without knowing your body shape and other factors i.e. body fat %.

I'm 6'1, 215 lbs, and my waist size is 36"

12. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I'd say being fit is more of a health thing than looking good.

Wouldn't hurt to try exercising some for your own health.

13. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not if it is summoned with magic portal with a
    weight limit.

14. Daisydacrazy

Daisydacrazy !!

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as you're urinating around 6 times a day that's fine

15. Daisydacrazy

Daisydacrazy !!

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want I lose weight or body fat, you have to have a strong mind set.

I was pretty insecure before about my body fat (mainly stomach fat) even when I was in good shape. I tried exercising daily and eating less. It worked out, I got skinnier however whenever I eat more, I gain a bit of extra weight. Or when I don't exercise, I gain extra weight.

So if you don't have the right mind set, and start dieting and working out, you'll gain more pounds if you don't continue.

Anyways, now in back at exercising regularly and working to get my body back to before. Kinda regretting dieting and stuff as that made my insecurities worse.

16. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    BMI is bullshit unless you have an average height with an average build. If you're genetically predisposed to having a barrel chest, thick thighs or just a high metabolism, the simple BMI calculators will give a false impression every time unless you go to a dietitian that know what the h3ll their talking about. And sadly, there are precious few that do. You're better off focusing on being healthy then worrying about your weight.

As for loosing weight, honestly if you're not planning to make life altering choices you're almost better off not dieting, or working out to loose a few pounds. That because normally under the yoyo dieting effect, most people once they reach their goals go right back to their old patterns and gain back what they've lost and then some. So if you are truly wanting to be healthier, dont go on a diet, change your lifestyle.

Last but not least, unless you're completely obese building muscle mass isn't going to loose much weight. That's because muscle tissue is both denser and heavier then fat. In some cases you might even gain weight as you burn fat and convert it to muscle mass. So dont feel discouraged and keep to your keep working out and eating healthy.

17. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not even a question. Being fat makes you lazy so you get fatter, do you want that? Eventually you'll want to go back to dating but you won't be able to, not without half a year of losing weight or however long it takes you. Being fat isn't just looking bad, it's also unhealthy and gives you less energy and will to do anything... basically letting yourself be fat is willingly shortening your lifespan. I recommend playing a sport like basketball or football instead of gym, trust me that stuff will make you lose weight like crazy. However if you don't wanna play sports, run forest run, and sprint because sprinting is what burns that fat, light running not so much....that's why I recommended sports, because you have a reason for sprinting and it's fun.

18. Ms Otter

Ms Otter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you know, you become how you think~

if you really wanna lose weight, go for it.

never seen anything bad happen because of it~

19. Reward

Reward Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you already question yourself if this is worth, in my opinion that means you want to lose weight. If you want, why not? :blobhero: