Recommendations Cultivation Novel with OTP and Happy Ending.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by cleodux, Mar 15, 2019.

1. cleodux

cleodux Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I am sure a lot of people already have requested it before.

I am looking for new novel to read (I still have a lot of novel ongoing though lol)
    But i just wondering if there is cultivation novel, or xiansia/xuanhuan genre that the MC is not 1 dimensional ( the usual trope of goody two shoes,defender of justice, filial piety type) and is not harem. I like OTP (one true pairing) mainly maybe because i am a woman, and i loathe the idea of sharing my man to other girls. I dont mind a lot of girls chasing the MC, but i want MC only like 1 lady. She can be the center of his world, but i dont want the lady only can stay at home and only wait for MC, or only can become a damsel in distress and keep getting rescued (i prefer to omit the romance completely from the story if it is like that lol)

A good example that i like is Douluo Dalu 2 Now.. I have not read it till complete. But so far i like the story.
    I can tolerate Douluo Dalu 1, but i cant tolerate Shen Yin Wang Zuo even though they are written by the same author lol. I have not read Douluo Dalu 3 though.

Any suggestions is much appreciated. Thanks!

Deleted member 38284 likes this.
  2. Readylan

Readylan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. readerread

readerread Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mao Ni novels might be your type. For example The Path Towards Heaven or Ze Tian Ji.

A Will Eternal has a harem, but none of the ladies like sharing their man and tbh the romance is very minimal so you may still be ok reading that.

Also Coiling Dragon

By authors you can’t go wrong: Er Gen, IET, Mao Ni

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  4. Dachi

Dachi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Monarch of Evernight might be a good pick but be warned at the start its all kinds of messed up.

5. Beowulf75

Beowulf75 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Algarum

Algarum Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    readerread likes this.
  10. thepope

thepope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a tragedy tag on it (genre) do you know if it bearable? Could not find anything about it in readers statements.

11. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A Record of a Mortal's Journey to Immortality (tho it's probably not what you're looking gor since Main Girl is mostly not with the MC and it never focuses on romance)
    Skyfire Avenue - author of Douluo Dalu etc. and although the start ain't the best it will build up over time.
    History's Strongest Senior Brother - Basically MC reincarnates into a cliche arrogant young master but with the knowledge of op martial arts. It is basically a fourth wall break about MC beating other MC types(the picked up OP treasure type, reincarnation of OP dude, Regressor, etc.). Also probably not what you're looking for since it never focuses on romance

readerread likes this.
  12. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm i'm reading Martial Arts Master right now and i can guarantee at least from my whole reading list that this novel has the best romance in all the novels i have read so far and also it is not dropped but the translator stooped translating it at c45x and it has 7xx chapters so yeah give it a try if you want proper romance.
    Also this novel has a martial arts system. As I've not read till far (c200) i don't know if there will be any cultivation part or not but the action is pretty nice well actually it feels as though the romance is the main theme whole action is the sub-theme haha

readerread likes this.
  13. Fluffy Jellyfish

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, Nightfall is really different compared to usual Xianxias as actually it is closer to Wuxia

the tragedy tag is not unbearable, mostly just there to promote MC character and it is placed in the early part of the novel

Also, there is a drama of youth between our MC and 2 girls(3).

Try it, it wont dissapoint you

thepope likes this.
  14. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. OverlordPotato

OverlordPotato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read Douluo Dalu 2 and 3.
    Douluo Dalu 2 was MC getting screwed over by Tang San over and over again that it was painful.
    Douluo Dalu 3 is not a happy ending (without DD4 spoilers). Also, it gets waaay too dragged out and too much Tang San narcissism takes place and the whole thing felt quite forced.

Try Renegade Immortal or Stellar Transformation.

16. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    otaku31 likes this.
  17. Fluffy Jellyfish

Reading List:
    Link
  18. cleodux

cleodux Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Firstly Thank you so much for the replies guys.

To be honest i have long considering to start reading some of IET works. But i heard stories like how much of his works are similar and almost the same story. I watch Stellar Transformation donghua, and if the main girl is the childhood friend then it is not something that i am looking for, or i might be wrong about the love interest. He is also a 1 dimensional type of MC, but as long as the story nice i think i can forgive him being defender of justice and all.

Will check Er Gen and Mao Ni

I love messed up thing. Oh it is still ongoing in OOG :blobjoy:

Will put under my josei to read list.

History's Strongest Senior Brother It looks interesting.
    Will check the Skyfire Avenue and A Record of a Mortal's Journey to Immortality

Will check it out.

I stay away from love triangle as much as i stay away from harem, it is too drama for my taste. And i would beat up the MC honestly if he cant choose which one does he like or wasting too many chapters to choose. I dont want to build a titanic for a reason lol.

They are josei no what i am looking for currently but i will put on my watch list thanks.

Haha i have not read that far yet I thought Huo Yu Hao is too OP with all his contracted spirits that he got it by pure luck. Curious why you never read the Douluo Dalu 1.

Will check True Martial World.

19. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can clarify that:
    • Childhood friend is not the FL.
    • Stellar Transformation, along-with Coiling Dragon r the precursors. It is the others that borrow from these 2.
    • While the MC is not without conscience, he's far from being a defender-of-justice/goody-two-shoes type.
    • Theme is star-crossed lovers.
      If u r looking forward to consummation of love, u r in for a long wait. FL isn't there for most of the story.
    • Last few chs. r basically epilogue. It's happy ending for everyone.
    Overall, it's worth reading.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  20. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stellar Transformation he meets his future wife a few books in, she isn't a childhood friend. No clue how different the adaptations are from the original. None of IET's works are great romances, but they also aren't usually terrible with fake drama or no reason to love each other either. His writing style skips a lot of homelife since it is action orientated, so you just see them come home talk a bit and suddenly babies pop up months later.

Half the cultivation novels I've read are either action orientated and skim over most romance or have rapey male leads and lots of romance drama like The Demonic King Chases His Wife: The Rebellious Good-for-Nothing Miss.

Sabruness and otaku31 like this.