LCD Another World’s Versatile Crafting Master

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by SerialBeggar, Mar 16, 2019.

1. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Zom the Monk

Zom the Monk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been enjoying it so far, a nice change of pace from what is generally available. What I'm worried about is if it has a sudden forced scene which the author then uses to turn it into a different direction entirely. I've seen it happen way too often.

3. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    when CN novel covers has made any sense?

Jeanne_DG, Gin_Hindew, Cite and 2 others like this.
  4. Rhydec

Rhydec Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's ok...mainly to pass the time

5. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it that good ? Somehow it keeps getting a decent rate of translation.
    Does that mean it's not good ? (a little crappy / 10/20?)

6. Rhydec

Rhydec Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Average but it could get better since its still in the early chapters

7. Zom the Monk

Zom the Monk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not fantastic, but it is a decent read while also being refreshing, 7.5/10 I'd say.

8. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really interested anymore because of the review of
    hawlol
    Cliche wish fulfillment Xuanhuan poorly disguised as western fantasy.

Although MC came from a game, there are no LITRPG elements. Most reasonings that came from the game also make no sense. He got a legendary smurf character though luck on char creation. His level 1 smurf that has all crafting skills is equipped with legendary equipment used for battle. He didn't have an inventory but an ilimited space ring inside the game. That's not how MMO games work...

There's no mana, MP, levels or anything like that. He has something called mental strength to cast spells and it comes from cultivation. Higher mental strength = more or higher level spells. Upon arrival he's conveniently at the house of an old master who teaches him spells and cultivation techniques.

He's also extremely talented in mental strength, has super intelligence and comprehension skills because... he's the MC? The smurf avatar was super duper overpowered though luck? Who knows...

The crafting part is useless and his power doesn't come from any of it. It's just an excuse for the author to give him fame and money fast. It's usually like "He crafted potion X and sold it for Y during Z time" and done.

He kills strong monsters like manticores, wyverns and other in the firsts chapters with only level 1 spells in a boring way. There's no element hierarchy or interesting spell casting. Kinda like reading the log of a turn based rpg where the MC has 100% dodge rate and plot armor.

But the actual first villain which the story delves into is a sh*t for brains Young Master that wants to kill the MC, because some random girl have the hots for him. He's also will use the entire might of his family to crush the MC for such a petty reason.

Pretty sure that this will keep following the standard formula but I don't intend to find out if it'll get better, since it has been terrible so far. Don't recommend.
    Expected cultivation but more focus on really original or OP or futuristic crafting. Looks like i'm wrong from what says the review (huge focus on cultivation). Boring fights that would surely looks like the ones from onepunch-man. And something that annoy me a lot, a cliche villainous young master as MC's first villain (i hate them).

9. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to lin li's(felic's) lackey, that warrior he gave the salamander armor to?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  10. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to lin li's ( felic's) dragonhawk?

userunfriendly likes this.
  11. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Author probably forgot. They do in novels with thousands of chapters..:facepalm:

hillo315 and canaria23 like this.
  12. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    ugh... this has devolved into such a mess of exposition that i can barely stand it anymore. i don't need to know 1000+ years of lore about every little thing that gets mentioned. nobody does.