Recommendations Novel with female MC who is part of ML's harem...or not? (just read the description)

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Walter vi Britannia, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want a novel where the ML is in a polygamous relationship like those Chinese novels with lots of concubines. I mean, I want something where the male lead has a harem like a typical shounen novel but the MC is one of those side character women. Like, TS Reincarnated as the Sub Heroine.
    Not where the ML is just popular with women like a shoujo manga's ikemen character, but has an actual harem like a shitty harem/ecchi manga.

Actually, I don't need the MC to be a part of his harem. Her not being interested and there not being any romance is fine with me too. I just want something like a typical shounen novel but from a female character's point of view who is not the focus of the whole world.

I am honestly not expecting much from this thread. Maybe Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? meets the requirements? But she doesn't interact with the hero much at all. She doesn't even bring him into her eyes, just his affiliation with the system and his normie moments with Katia is the only thing she reacts to. Still, its close enough.
    Got anything?

Edit: And NO YURI!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  2. JIKI

JIKI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Walter vi Britannia and otaku31 like this.
  3. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, it's UR version of Novel.

4. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Err, what? The fuck does that mean?

6. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh, that's an interesting premise...wait, why am I surprised? That's exactly the same as what I wrote to look for this sort of novel. lol

So is the hero the ML? I hope not, he sounds like an ass.

7. JIKI

JIKI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry, I just checked the raws, and realized that even the raws have stopped updating (I edited my comment above), so I recommend you keep it in your backlog for now.

8. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Ultra Rare. Like 5 star servant from fate grand order or gacha game.

Walter vi Britannia likes this.
  9. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that already. It already says on it's page in NU that it's on a hiatus after chapter 41.
    Don't worry, I'm used to waiting for things that never come. I am a gender bender fan...we face these sorts of situations quite often. (But last night my most favorite gender bender of all time got completely translated! So I'M HAPPY! Though I already completely read the raws 2 years ago...otherwise I won't be able to call it my favorite if I can't go through even that much pain.
    Hey, I should start a discussion on it. It's such a happy occasion that I wanna talk to everybody about it.)

10. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which series was it? Hope it's not BL (i am not sure or forgot if you do like the genre).

11. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    I just said gender bender. What do you mean by BL? So there are novels where female MCs turn into a male and get together with another guy? Haha, I've been completely ignorant to that side of gender bender.

The only gender bender I read are ones where a guy turns into a woman and then falls in love with a male lead...through lots of drama and emotional conflict. I'm talking about Reborn as My Love Rival’s Wife here. It just got completely translated last night!

Nakakure likes this.
  12. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah! Indeed i forgot that gender bender and BL doesn't really mix. But it's totally not impossible, i am sure i saw a manga with female -> male x male.

13. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, me too. I think it was called My Girlfriend is a Real Man. I feel sorry for the original man there. He probably became bottom after his girlfriend changed. haha

14. linnil

linnil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, nope another one. I think the summary was like = MC was a fujoshi and transmigrated into a uke or seme ikemen. And that now she could recreates her fantasies.
    Didn't read "My girlfriend ... man" too but kinda hope(d) that it doesn't turn into BL, that she turns back into a woman.

16. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
  17. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    the mc in that story can go to fictional worlds as side character. On of the worlds she enter is an ecchi harem story.
    readers got interested in her character cause she is the only character that has soul (aka bad writer, other harem feels flat) so readers ask author to include her as harem member. Author agree. Author tries to fanservice (making protagonist fall on her, pantyshot, dll) but fails until author takes drastic measures, then our mc rebels
    will search for that arc chapter later
    Edit: it's the first arc, so you can read it normally
    Edit 2: there's also an arc where she is a game character & players usually want to bed/romance all beautiful characters, but it is a fighting game so the story focuses more on fights

Walter vi Britannia likes this.
  18. linnil

linnil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes~ It's the first arc. (I only read until the first arc though so I am not sure about the other arc.)
    But the tone of the story is pretty much shounen manga. I imagine the author to be a guy too to be honest.
    Because all the jokes and references are always shounen zone or shounen related story. And here the female lead with shounen style story.
    The normal world story is too dull and It only got interesting when she go into the manga/novel world so.. I recommend you skip the normal slice of life chapter completely. LoL

19. linnil

linnil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here the really good summary from @Diskat that can help you understand the plot.

So far so good. Since some people don't seem to understand the beginning, I'll explain.

It is about a girl from our world who transmigrated into Zhao Yaoyue, a rich Megumi Kato, who has the cheat to transmigrate into characters in webnovels, mangas, and other in progress literary works when she goes to sleep. So it's like a double transmigration, but she is able to come back to reality. Also, I wouldn't put any stock into the cover pic, as she looks nothing like that at any point of the novel.

She has to create iconic or high profile characters in the dreams in order to be eligible to get the skills related to the character she possesses into the real world. The more "classic" the character, the longer the skills can last for her.

On her first try, she made a side character a Mary Sue (of the crappy type), and out of no-where (plot-wise), killed the main character of an existing webnovel. This led the fans of that webnovel author to berate him, and the author apologized, saying he was drunk and erased the character and revise his plot.

Not only does Yaoyue receive no power-ups, but she also experience bad luck in real life due to the backlash, and so Yaoyue reflected on her mistakes. She goes on to possess a different side character learning from her mistakes. The logical choice is to take on characters with appropriate skill sets for appropriate story theme with appropriate story actions. She can't just willynilly add random power-ups to the character she takes over and do whatever she wants (well technically she can, but it would be highly unlikely to create a "classical" or "popular" character). And the story goes on.

Quite frankly, the idea is fun. Is it original? It's a character self-insert type of novel, and no doubt she will become a Mary Sue in reality once she gains a ton of powers from parodied works. In other words, its a more blatant wish-fulfillment novel. If that's not your taste, so be it. It's really a story that either you would like or dislike.

Now with all said, you should throw out any initial bias you may have about this. This is not an otome game simulator, nor will the protagonist quickly become a martial arts expert. She has yet to have a love interest that stays with her, and not every story she delves into will get an ability from the character she took over. In the end, she is her own person, and has the power to choose whether to be either the side-character or main character in real life. I would recommend reading at least the first 100 chapters before making your own conclusion.

20. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    "...love interest that stays with her..."? So there are love interests here who she gets in and out of relationships with? I don't have that much of a problem with it, but I sometimes tend to get attached to some characters, specially if they actually become lovers at some point.