Feature Request Complete Icon on Front Page

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by NiQuinn, Mar 18, 2019.

1. NiQuinn

NiQuinn 『Optimistic Pragmatist』

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't know if this was suggested before. I searched but it's either the words I'm using are wrong or there hasn't been a suggestion like this before. I don't know if I'm the only one here but I have a reading list titled, "Wait to Finish"

It's for novels that are short and are most likely gonna finish in a few months. I just think it would be easier to see if a novel is Ongoing or Completed on the front page with the links. A simple (O) or (C) beside the chapter link maybe? I hope that makes sense.

This is just a request. It's fine if it's not implemented.

Thanks for your time!

2. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IMO, the subject of time and story length is subjective. It's hard enough to decide the distinction on NU between Short Story, Collection of Short Stories and Oneshot.

This, is something that the staff has been manually doing actually. If you have noticed before, some releases on NU would have c## (end) in it. That's to indicate the translation has been completed. However, it's manually done since some translators release their novels without this indicator, just chapter number or the word epilogue in it. If any readers wish to have the last translated release for a completely translated novel be tagged such, they can submit a report so a staff can check and modify as needed.

It made sense, just like the language indicator on the front page, right? However, I'm iffy about having this. Mainly because the Completely Translated part on NU is something any member can change. That makes it something that can be toggled and could lead to edit war. Something like, A read the story and it's supposed to be completed but B read the physical book and there's a side story but yet translated. A wants it tagged completed, B wants it tagged ongoing. It's just kept changing coz no ones gonna back down and we staff has to stay in our toes for when they burst out on their war and mess up the detail. There's some other matters I can get into but I don't have the time to write about them.

It's a good feature, but I wish there's a control factor to them if they're gonna be implemented.

3. NiQuinn

NiQuinn 『Optimistic Pragmatist』

Reading List:
    Link
    That's very true. Especially the part where anybody CAN and will probably change a novel's status depending on certain factors that they think are justified. Case in point, side stories.

Thanks for the detailed and quick reply. I kinda knew it would be hard to implement but listing down the complications here helps in understanding it more.

4. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    Also i once read a novel which the author update a chapter after reading translator comment. And some "oneshot" but with author commenting that "i'm not sure if i will serialize this or not":sweating_profusely:

5. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s possible with personal reading lists if you play with existing settings enough.

Here you can see my “Active” “Watchlist” and “Inactive” reading lists.

Note: this is from my phone which might make some things look different.

Icon Settings
    5CD0E803-1AE1-46C3-BFDE-B4A153BED567.jpeg

Front Page (Using Favorites Feature)
    9728BCB2-2C27-4F51-81B5-442C865FBECD.png

I actually have a lot of lists.
    51A73C67-86A4-4A37-AAB9-CC86EA252962.png 81F0BDA1-D793-4B2F-AC83-B08851F7FB3F.png

The main point is that it’s possible. ^_^

I wish you luck on your reading journey. I can look through the settings and answer questions on how to set it up as well, just let me know.

Fuyuneko likes this.
  6. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    AB7146A2-0284-4300-BCC3-6A11FB526D26.png
    Example of both using reading list icons and colored origin tags and (end)

7. SaltatorMortis

SaltatorMortis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i suggest for the "Wait to Finish" List the usage of the manual readinglist feature...
    simply add manually the last chapter of the novel to your readinglist
    here is an example that you see then:
    Douluo Dalu: Legend of the Divine Realm c120 / c95
    the novel has 120 chapters and the currend is 95
    with this you have the progress/know how long you need to wait of multiple novels in a single view

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019