Discussion Tapread

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Saphychan, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DXHaseoXD

DXHaseoXD [Forever Alone] [Person who tries to translate]

Reading List:
    Link
    They have no budget clearly shown by their site, so they can’t afford even fan translations

2. Reward

Reward Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i had the same idea before, in addition of making a name for the fan translators, they can be supported by fans through Patreon with the usual advanced chapters. Moreover they can popularize the dual hosting with free (temporary) licenses and attract more translators, increasing the number of translators, thus more novels and thus more readers.
    With the dual hosting, Qidian can be used like an aggregator website but for Qidian novels only, catching most of readers that read dual hosted novels. However translators websites should still be able to get a part of readers and get a stable ad income and they are also supported through Patreon.
    At the end Qidian should be able to save enough to hire more translators in addition of fan translators to translate more novels, and this time not for dual hosting because they are hired, with some novels only translated and hosted on Qidian, they can secure the way that their site act like an aggregator. With time most of readers will use their site instead to visit the translators’ website. Also because they are fan translators, they felt less pressure and can drop the novels. Their incomes depends also on fans and fans are looking for a acceptable translation works, thus increasing the number of translators who minds their translation qualities.
    That’s a Win-Win-Win (Qidian/Translators/Readers) relationship for me. :blobhighfive::blobReach:

Wujigege likes this.
  3. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly, greed and pride doesn't let people see the bigger picture

Reward likes this.
  4. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no fking clue what they are doing anymore

its so disappointing

not to mention that they actually want a license to translate from all the original authors who post their stories there...
    take a guess how many original authors are posting there now

5. Reward

Reward Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just noticed now, but, is Tapread the international version of zongheng? :blobwoah:

6. Insanityplea

Insanityplea *Head Tilt*....*Fart*

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly iv started looking at TapRead with the thought of "Amazing! Look at all these books that are dead to me due to translation quality! Well fuck me, my schedule just got clogged up with book hunting instead of book reading...FUCK!"

I dont mind slightly bad quality, I can read that. It usually just tends to be one or two words that are constantly misused or something of similar ease of fixing once you get used to it. But holy shit. I know I usually bitch about repetitive usage of the same crap just different wording (Johnny is strong! Johnny is amazing! Johnny is Godlike! and then the 10billion other ways to say the same thing that language has) but holy crap TapRead sterilized the novels like its trying to bleach any personality out of em.

7. Immortallisk

Immortallisk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It makes WW look better anyways. Also WW has contracts for all of their novels with zongheng.

EDIT: RIP Return of the Net Gaming Monarch. Shironeko actually made it readable, but hot damn is Tapreads version a mess.

I am a master necromancer.

8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, hopefully people will appreciate good translations more moving forward.
    Just because you are a big company does not guarantee good translations

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.