Discussion Next Gen of Cloud Gaming

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Okuri Ookami, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you think of Googles Stadia? If you don't know what it is here is a YouTube vid that will sum it better than I could.

All the relevant info to Google's Stadia is up till 17 min

Looks like the future of gaming, the next gen anyway will be all digital and Cloud gaming will be more popular than VR until we get Full Dive tech lol which might not be for 20 yrs at this point.

I'm really looking forward to an MMO game developed with this kind of tech. An FPS wouldn't be bad either. But what I REALLY want is custom clothing and weapons (designed by individuals) for MMO's and if this tech takes off I think we could get it. I might just be misunderstanding what this tech could become but I'm hyped regardless

AkeShiro likes this.
  2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    So, all game hardware requirements are fulfilled and the gamers no longer needs to mind such thing, only create an account and play online, pretty nice (y)

AkeShiro and Okuri Ookami like this.
  3. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    So me with my shity Laptop can piggy back off all you rich folk and only have to worry bout my shity internet lol

MrSplashy and AkeShiro like this.
  4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Go for it :blob_thor:

AkeShiro likes this.
  5. Expatamoeba

Expatamoeba Have eyes but still couldn't see Mount Tai

Reading List:
    Link
    It might become a hit when 5G network become more common and people can use 5G speed using their mobile hotspots.

Currently internet speed aren't that good in developing countries so that might become a problem. It's either crappy with high ping or just ridiculously expensive.

My other concern is the subscription fees. If it's too much then people might just spend that money to build a gaming pc or buy a new console. And for those who play games occasionally like sometimes during a weekend would find paying the subscription fees to be not worth it.

6. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like this is an idea that keeps coming back and disappearing, and I don't think google being the ones to propose it alone will make it succeed. I also wouldn't want this idea to succeed in today's world because of ISP oligopoly and the repeal of net neutrality. This would only strengthen the grip these turds have over us.

AkeShiro, Okuri Ookami and LordCorwin like this.
  7. Mazino

Mazino The final chapter.

Reading List:
    Link
    >20 gb per hour
    fuck looks like anybody with comcast ain't touching this shit.

8. negritis

negritis The Mathematician

Reading List:
    Link
    5G is still years away from being able to handle this
    and even fiber networks arent capable imo

AkeShiro likes this.
  9. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    is shit.....it's the same as "playstation now", if you don't have an "extreme" good internet providers you will be unable to play any game.....every 5 sec you will be disconected(personal experience).
    and i can watch online 6 movie hd(1028p) at the same times without lag with my connession, that how suck cloud gaming.....

Suijin likes this.
  10. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't trust google, they will do some obviously horrible things to push this onto everyone.
    You won't own the games, your privacy will be even worse, the obvious lag. No internet will handle this and ISP's might even raise the price.
    And most obviously, google will drop this shit after a year or two and you lose everything. Because google is known to give up

AkeShiro likes this.
  11. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    when I had xfinity I had a data cap but it wasn't enforced I often went over 200 to 300 GB trying to stream and game in my height of weeb. that was years ago though

12. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Difference between PS Now and this is PS Now doesn't have the network capabilities Google does it has servers literally everywhere

13. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone that has an internet connection or a thing that can record voices anywhere in there home and think they are safe are delusional. Unless you can hack and make sure all your devices aren't monitoring you in someway then you are most likely being monitores

14. LAOG

LAOG Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This will probably take 5-10 years before it truly reaches its potential. As of now too many areas around the world won't be able to process any of these games without huge latency issues since fiber lines are limited around the world.

15. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link

Comments at the top point out the issues with it.
    Also I find it funny that they see necessity to download games as something bad.... You download them only ONCE and usually can play offline, while if you stream you always depend on your internet connection

16. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Some of us don't have high end pc's with 1tb worth of storage. And not all of us will actually play a game offline. Some of us casuals don't play story oriented games much but like the thrill of the occasional Multiplayer match but because of limited Computer specs and storage we can't run the game. I have literally been unable to play a game with the right amount of storage because of graphic limitations. This Stadia or whatever allows for a shity pc to be able to play games above its hardware limitations if I understand correctly.

Didn't bother to watch the vid. The title and the background just make it feel like something to avoid.

17. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason why it keeps coming back and disappearing is because most who attempted this were small companies. The flaw here is that you need to have local servers (which google does) to get ping times that are under 16.66ms (that is the refresh rate of 60fps).

That is why the only ones that could make this work are companies with large cloud infrastructure everywhere such as google, microsoft and amazon.

Average network speed was 96mbps in US for fixed connections. More than enough to facilitate even 4k let alone 1080p.

And google has the money to bribe the ISPs so they won't limit it.

18. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    That's unfortunate that you don't want to watch the vid. It points out a number of relevant issues with this service. I advise you to watch it not to dissuade from using but to be more aware of possible issues.

DrRaven90 likes this.