Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    This just depends on how one sees it. To me, the only one who is truly miserable and is suffering from all this is Lan Xichen, and this is really sad, because I really feel he deserves a better ending than this... Those who doesn't love him of course doesn't care but I personally love him as a character, so this is sad to me :blobconfounded:

NMJ - I feel like his death is what push the plots along. Although it would have been a better and I would like it better if in that ending, he got his sanity back (like Wen Ning)...So he can perhaps live with NHS...

JC - I see that his ending is ambiguous, I wouldn't say he's miserable....Because I personally believe that how MXTX have JC no longer hates Wei Ying is a positive sign for them to reconcile in the future. JC was able to let go of that hatred (negative feelings he's been feeling all these years.. no matter how you look at it, hatred is unhealthy...So at least JC got out of that and be a much happier person in the end.) I like to believe that there will come a day when JC and Wei Ying will make up and be like brothers again, because it's obvious that they both still care for each other.

Wen Ning - the extras revealed that he still goes on night hunts with LSZ and the Lan Juniors so his life is not as miserable as people make them out to be.

LSZ, LJY and JL seems like they do go on night hunts together from time to time so they are fine. We also see how JL soften up to Wei Ying to the point that he's even okay for Wei Ying to call him A-Ling, which is something he wouldn't have allowed in the past so that shows good progress between them.

I like to head canon on my end that JC and Wei Ying can be like brothers again and LXC will one day get out of that phase where he can find someone who can help and heal him because he truly deserves to be happy... The only mistake LXC ever made in his life was trusting JGY but from his pov it isn't his fault that he trusts in JGY and we can't blame him for that. This is what bothers me the most (the ending that LXC got and I've been saying this repeatedly for a while now :( )

LoveManga and Ze Wu Jun like this.
  2. Nokia Red Panda

Nokia Red Panda Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhhh all these meta posts on MDZS....
    I really do love MXTX's works...they are not just your standard danmei. MXTX, even if you take away the BL, it can still stand on its own.

Lovely characterization and world building!

LoveManga and Sauling like this.
  3. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blobgift:time to read it hahaha

4. beautiful.hope

beautiful.hope New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    finally finshed reading all the chapter
    totally worth the time;)

5. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Have fun reading :blobhighfive: and enjoy that chapter :cookie: since apparently it's the last :blob_teary::blob_teary:

But I love that chapter on my end, feels like it's so in canon but just in a modern AU setting hahaha :blobdog:

LoveManga and setsuna3025 like this.
  6. ZoeOscar

ZoeOscar Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What was the link? Sorry I am checking from mobile so lazy to go back and search old messages

Sauling and LoveManga like this.
  7. LoveManga

LoveManga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ZoeOscar, setsuna3025 and Sauling like this.
  8. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG, I didn't know I forgot to paste the link for you guys, so sorry! :sweating_profusely:

But thanks for replying on my behalf with the link @LoveManga :aww:

Anyways, the link to chapter 5 is here, if you want an easier short-cut: https://archiveofourown.org/works/17816330/chapters/42743648#workskin :blobpopcorn:

LoveManga, ZoeOscar and setsuna3025 like this.
  9. setsuna3025

Reading List:
    Link
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it was so gddddddddddddddd the endin was sooooo cute lan zhan pullin wei ying in for a kiss in front of the camera and they ride off into the sunset awwwwwwwwwww :bloblove::bloblove::bloblove::bloblove::bloblove:

10. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    It was indeed!!! :bloblove::bloblove::bloblove::bloblove::bloblove::bloblove: I really wish for more chapters after this though since I wasn't expecting this to be the last and after realizing it I was sad:blob_teary: since I wouldn't mind if this still continue on for another 20 more chapters or so XD but anyways, it's definitely one of my favourite fic listed down for a re read on my end :blobpopcorn_cool:. I am already having withdrawal problems from the main story and now this fic, god help me because I love mdzs and wangxian so much :bloblove:

setsuna3025 and LoveManga like this.
  11. ayeduh

ayeduh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes I feel I may have totally different feelings in regards to the side character. After events happened, I just saw him as very naive.. His complete trust without suspecting JGY, or not even believing NMJ brought upon his own downfall. Im not saying its a bad trait to have, but in MDZS setting, you cant expect a character like this to have a 'good ending'. And with MDZS being in WWXs POV, its not necessarily the permanent end for LXC. I expect him to pick himself back up and potentially leave behind some naivety. Maybe its because I dont enjoy stories that drag on just to create a 'satisfying end' for every side character. I tend to lose patience. Everyone is free to have different opinions, but these are just my personal feelings

Fiorisi and LoveManga like this.
  12. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    It's fine to have your own personal opinions about this, but just in case you don't know that despite this is written in WWX pov, in the after-story, (the Extra's), Wei Ying also made a comment saying how LXC looks skinnier and when he was saying things, at the Family Feast, he made mistakes, which this shows that he is mentally ill, Lan Zhan also made a comment saying that his brother (LXC) is not doing well, and this is really disheartening to see for those of us who actually likes LXC as a character and wish that he didn't end up like that. Honestly, when you look at the ending that LXC got, it's really nothing different to the ending that his father got, and till the end, look what happened to his father... I honestly, really hope that LXC will get out of that phase one day and be happy again, and not end like his father just keep staying in seclusion for the rest of his life, because like I've been saying (previously), he might have trusted the wrong person but we can't really fault him for trusting the wrong person. It's human error, even Wei Ying once said that if he was seeing things from LXC eyes, where JGY was showing him a completely different side to him when he's in front of LXC, and given that JGY is good at 'acting all this', it's only normal that LXC trusted the wrong person. The final result, the whole truth is a big blow for LXC because all that he believed was turned upside down, and this is tragic.

At the end of the day, it's fine if others don't like LXC or don't feel sorry for him, but for me, I actually feel sorry for him, and wish he didn't get that ending. When I read LXC state in the Extra's, this just hurts more, and yes, they are my personal feelings because I do like LXC as a character. Sure, he made mistakes, but he doesn't deserve that ending imo (there are us, who feel that LXC deserves a better ending at the end than what he was given, ofcourse I like to head canon that LXC will one day get out of seclusion and be happy again, but it doesn't help if the author tell us the condition LXC is in i.e, how he's gotten skinnier and how he made mistakes when he's speaking through Wei Ying's observations and through what Lan Zhan said about his brother not doing so well. I don't think it's wrong for us who actually sympathize with LXC condition at the end and hoped he got a better outcome than being in seclusion, but they are just my personal feelings about this because I want the character I like to be healthy and happy.

Fiorisi and LoveManga like this.
  13. ayeduh

ayeduh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I wasn't saying LXC deserved his ending or lack any sympathy to it. Its just I dont see the end of MDZS's main story as the end of his story. Everyone has a story outside of MDZS's main plot. I do like LXC, and I do believe there will be a time for him to recover. No one 'deserves' a bad ending. I just see it more as I understand how past events lead a character to where they are now. My main point to the initial post was that I found the main story given so far was pretty much complete and wholesome and shouldnt be expanded just to reach other side characters 'happy ending'. Where fans take certain characters from the end of MDZS and onward is up to them.

14. setsuna3025

Reading List:
    Link
    ya its sad was hopin it would go on and they would eventually adpot a-yuan but it stop b4 tat :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:.
    wangxian FTW HAHAHAH :blob_pompom::bloblove::bloblove::bloblove::bloblove:

15. asckj1

asckj1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the update on c5 of "let's you and me go on a ride" @Sauling :blobReach:
    Really enjoyed reading this whole fanfic and am quite happy with the end. Um... just maybe a little bit rushed on the part since I was expecting a lot of fluff describing their trip on Wei WuXian's new bike. But I liked the full story a lot overall. And this story also encouraged me to search for other fanfics.

I haven't yet fully read the other fanfics you shared. Will definitely make some time this weekend to read them :blobsalute:

Also just want to drop my thoughts here, MXTX has really created such a wonderful world of MDZS and such good characters, that it really leaves one craving for more background and stories of each and every character of this series. All characters have really intricate personalities. Thousand salutes to the author for that :blobsalute::blobsalute::blobsalute: I strongly hope that she gets the idea of writing more stories of all MDZS characters and more of their stories and points of views on the events taking place in the novel. I would have love to read details on how the Sunshot Campaign was executed and also the siege on Burial Mounds. They are the two most severe incidents in the novel and really deserve a lot of detailed description.

LoveManga, setsuna3025 and Sauling like this.
  16. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    @LoveManga ,:aww::aww: Guess what?! :aww::aww: I just want to let you know that I've read that fic you recommended last time, about this being in NMJ pov!! :blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes: And you know what? You're absolutely right, it was really 'healing' to the heart, everything was just perfect!!! :aww: I didn't like it less just because it was written in NMJ pov, in fact, it actually makes me love him and his bond with NHS even more :blobicecreamlove:

I love how the writer wrote the setting and the characters so well, that I felt like, "hey, I'm going to take this as my head canon now", or something like a sequel to the end of MDZS story written by MXTX :aww::aww: I AM DEFINITELY HEAD CANON THIS AS CANON, I.E. WHAT HAPPEN AFTER THE MAIN STORY, EXTRAS!!! :blobparty::blobparty::blob_pompom::blob_pompom:

And what I'm happy about is (1) I'm glad to see Lan Zhan helping Wei Ying form his GC, and that scene how Wei Ying was flying on his sword was just 'nostalgic' :blob_teary: (I have always wanted to Head canon that one day Wei Ying will be able to form a GC again in MXY body, because I want to see him and Lan Zhan lived a long and happy life :bloblove::bloblove: and reading this fic, how it foreshadowed this was <3 <3)

(2) I'm so happy/glad that LXC finally is able to be happy again in this fic, and I feel that it's soo in-character, and ofcourse I'm happy to see NMJ return

I am definitely, taking this as headcanon and this is what happens later on, after the ending, the extra's etc!!! :blobReach:

Ofcourse, seeing how Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying, can talk like they were in the past again makes me happy for them <3 <3

But I have to agree that I agree with Wei Ying , to abolish the system, because without the title 'Chief Cultivator' then everyone can be equal, and there will be no power corrupt likes the WRH, WC, JGS, JGY

Anyways, for those who isn't satisfied with the ending, should definitely read this fanfic, because I promise, this will NOT disappoint. It's so well written, in-character for everything, it's just makes me want to treat this as 'what actually happened!'. Here's the link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/17465960/chapters/41130959 (Please give @LoveManga a BIG THANKS! :blobgift: because honestly, without her recommending this, I wouldn't know about this hidden gem, thanks for sharing! :blobgift:)

Sharing with @asckj1 ; @Cypress (read this for JC, I'm sure it will heal your heart a little to see his/Wei Ying's interactions in this fic), @setsuna3025 , @TwilightForest ; @Nyan sempai (if you're not so busy with being in the Abyss, treat this as a hidden gem, cuz it's really good!!) @Ze Wu Jun , since you we were talking previously how we weren't happy with the ending for LXC, and NMJ character should be explored further, I think this fic is just for you :blobwink: and @Narnar , when you're back, you can read this one too ;) )

Ze Wu Jun, LoveManga, asckj1 and 2 others like this.
  17. setsuna3025

Reading List:
    Link
    ohhhhhhh ok shall check it out

hahah in the abyss true oso ghahahahhahaha

18. Kikoeru

Kikoeru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello... pretty new here.
    But damn. I feel like a kinky pervert compared to you guys. 。゚・(>﹏<)・゚。
    I just binged this fic: https:// archiveofourown.org /works/ 17566772/chapters/41400173 (Miracles by Yukinia)

Smut is very nice. >///<

setsuna3025, LoveManga and Sauling like this.
  19. LoveManga

Reading List:
    Link
    Really glad you enjoyed it. Yep not too surprised you wanna take it as head canon, I’m in total agreement. Tragedy with a happy ending is a great selling point, but not for me, it’s way too painful. Fanfics to the rescue! :aww:

I’m glad you’re dragging in the others to share in the spoils. :)

If you happen to read this one let me know what you think. I found this healing as well.
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/16058045

setsuna3025 and Sauling like this.
  20. LoveManga

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to the spoiler thread. :)
    I’ll speak for myself, I’m a kinky pervert too. :LOL:
    Thanks for the link I’ll check it out since one cannot go wrong with smut. I’ll post the link again since you can’t post the direct link yet.
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/17566772/chapters/41400173

Also, don’t do like me, avoid double posting. Sorry for the double posts. :notworthy:

Sauling and Kikoeru like this.