Question Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken WN - confusion (timeline, Chloe, hero, etc)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by ventisca, Mar 22, 2019.

1. ventisca

ventisca Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm currently at chapter 126 and I'm really confused about the timeline of the story, so bad that I re-read the past 4 chapter and reluctant to go forward beyond chapter 126.

My main question is "which Chloe was which?".

Up to this point the unnamed hero who killed Hinata was Chloe (+ fragment of Hinata's soul) who was slept in Ruminas Valentine's castle, captured by Yuuki and put under contract/control.

- which Chloe's spirit who appear as spirit at the summoning chapter?
    - which Chloe's spirit who pick Hinata's dying soul and take her to the past?
    - where is the current kid Chloe?

2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
  3. darksaint124

darksaint124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :sushi_yes:

4. Echoes

Echoes 【Wandering Monk】

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah chloe. The paradox.

5. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Continue reading, you will get your answer sooner or later

6. Robinxen

Robinxen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chloe's timeline goes something like this:

Chloe and Leo transfer to the other world.
    Leo swears to protect Chloe but Chloe vanishes.
    Leo searches for a way to summon Chloe.
    As a result of Leo contracting out summon attempts, Chloe is summoned from the point she vanished.
    Chloe goes on to study under Shizue, and later Rimuru.
    Chloe contracts with a spirit version of herself.
    -Timeline diverges when Rimuru leaves.
    Original Timeline Rimuru leaves late, teleports home, and the conditions for him becoming a demon lord arent met.
    Original Timeline Rimuru fails to awaken Hinata from brainwashing, Hinata's soul is damaged.
    Hero Chloe is awakened and Child Chloe is thrown back in time to prevent two of the same person existing.
    Original Timeline Child Chloe obtains Hinata's skills in the process, but only broken fragments.
    Child Chloe grows in the past, dealing with Veldora in the process, to become Hero Chloe.
    Hero Chloe is put under suspended animation and awakened later.
    Hero Chloe is locked under the control curse.
    The world is destroyed and Hero Chloe dies, using the last of her power to travel back in time as a Spirit.
    This loop presumably repeats for a while.
    Spirit Chloe's contracting with Child Chloe causes Child Chloe to mature slightly.
    Timeline diverges when Rimuru leaves.
    New timeline Rimuru leaves on time, and decides to walk home.
    Rimuru battles with Hinata, arrives home to see the conflict, and is enraged.
    Rimuru awakens as a demon lord, is freed from mind manipulation and later frees Hinata.
    Hinata's soul remains undamaged.
    Original Timeline Hero Chloe is awakened.
    Original Timeline Hero Chloe kills Hinata, and Child Chloe is thrown back in time.
    This time however, Hinata's soul is intact and mentors Child Chloe, resulting in New Hero Chloe being even more powerful.
    New Hero Chloe explains the Hero Raising Project, which was to have Chloe power up as much as possible to deal with the crisis.

ventisca, kenar and Orchestius like this.
  7. darksaint124

darksaint124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The above post should be in spoiler tags. I know this is why I didn't answer the OP. Probably also the reason everyone else didn't either.

8. ventisca

ventisca Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, so the one who sealed Veldora was the child Chloe in current chapter, I thought Veldora was sealed by Chloe from the end of the world. The spirit from the last summoning was an abnormality who break the cycle. She retain the memory because Hinata was freed from mind control spell.

The Rimuru story divergence part I can understand from the WN, only the Chloe part was confusing.

Now I understand that this Chloe's fate is similar to Akemi Homura (Madoka Magica). She's more like a hidden main character.

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

So the adult hero Chloe from the end of the world did time leap twice each cycle. First to pick Hinata's soul, and second to appear in the summoning ritual, then resides inside child Chloe, thrown back to past, sealed Veldora, hibernate in Ruminas castle, wake up under Yuuki's control spell, get killed, that's all for one cycle. The last cycle is the current story which is an abnormality.