Do cultivation mc's brush their teeth?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Ziavory, Mar 17, 2019.

1. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Monks shave their heads. Cultivators don't.
    The word I used was go bald. As in, natural balding occurring.

2. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    They got those dust-protection robe or something, which I assumed formed a barrier that filtered everything dirty out.

3. gingerale

gingerale Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine how that'd work out in writing. MC just kicked some absolute ass, defeated the evil lord, and saved the worl--ah ah ah! Wait right there! Gotta brush and floss twice a day, and might as well moisturize and shave while you're at it!

GDLiZy likes this.
  4. RozenKristal

RozenKristal NUF gender bender Emperor -> Queen

Reading List:
    Link
    They have a basic spell that brush off and wash their bodies. Also after certain level, they just dont accumulate negative matters on their body anymore.

5. madisonstapylton

madisonstapylton Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are curious to know about their dirt.
    Too funny

6. Krissador

Krissador Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, you skipped that they sit for years to cultivate without going to bathroom and their teeth is what you cared about ? lol

7. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    i agree with this

and also they could go months without food (fasting) and only eat certain type of food to help their cultivation stay pure.

one you should ask if ancient chinese normal people even brush their teeth or not...i'm curious about their hygiene tbh...how bout soap or shampoo!!?!?!? it's like they jump into the river and dry themselves off, that's it!!

oh...i remember the ladies have flower bath, at least the smell is ok? right?

8. RozenKristal

RozenKristal NUF gender bender Emperor -> Queen

Reading List:
    Link
    I can answer this. I wasn't a major in history in university but I had a childhood heavily influenced by Chinese culture, well, I'm from Vietnam and have a Chinese parent.

Yes, they do brush teeth, but from somewhere I read, it is only around the Tang dynasty that they started this. Ancient Chinese bathed, though not daily, they do so every few days. I remember the imperial officials have off day called "Bathing day" or something like that. They use herbs as soap (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gleditsia_sinensis). Bathhouses were popular among the common folks too. I don't know how accurate is the flower bath in historical context, but they are definitely more hygiene than the West in old time (you know how Westerners avoid water like plague back then right?)

Ziavory, RiiRu and susanty.smile like this.