Is life a scam?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bbctheory84, Mar 24, 2019.

Tags:
?

Is life a scam?

Poll closed May 12, 2019.
  1. Yes

58.7%
  2. No

23.9%
  3. IDK

17.4%
  1. bbctheory84

bbctheory84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel life is a scam. Your promised so many things. Promised a world where hard work pays off, where people get success based on justice and hard work. When in reality its all luck and connections. Nothing more. Marriage once something to look forward to, doesn't mean anything anymore. Kids are not financially viable, even if they were, a lifeless world like this is too horrid for them. Its 1 hour commute, 8 hours of slavery, then another hour of commute to home. The 40 hour work week is really 50 hours. Wages barely cover expenses in my city, this is after college degree. People are shallow and obsessed with vanity and have no depth. Life is one big SCAM, a scam for many generations, a scam that has lasted for so long.

What do you think?

2. PenguinXeus

PenguinXeus Just A Penguin, Kigurumi Wakuseijin

Reading List:
    Link
    no game no life quote it perfectly 'Life is a Shitty Game'

3. Corner Guy

Corner Guy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It may have been true at one point or another but in the current state, it's not feasible. My grandmother worked in a department store for 40 some years, retired at 65 and put my dad through college. That happening in the US (i can't speak for the rest of the world) is fantasy at best. As a current student, I fully assume I am going to get my degree and then work 8 hour days until I am old and grey.

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  4. Ilisle

Ilisle Lord of the Northern Guards

Reading List:
    Link
    i wish
    that
    vr gets more realistic
    more advanced

so i can be like those mcs in the novels
    freedom from reality

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  5. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it's become the greatest scam the rich guys can make. Everything in your life will cost you more then just the time and effort you put into it. Well that is, unless you win the genetic lottery and happen to be born into money.

6. Darkwood

Darkwood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While it sucks and is hard I didn’t pay anything for this sh*t (kinda just got plopped into the world) sooo...

It’s technically not a scam, it’s just sucky.

7. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn it, you beat me to it.:blobtongue:

8. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as you finally got it, you can use that knowledge.

If you get to the top you won't be like a Level 1 Scammed Human, you'll be a Level 100 Scammer. What you do there is your own choice.

Jasad and Notaborax like this.
  9. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people even got it worse so yeah, I completely agree but rather than Scam, I perfer the saying "Life is a b*tch!" :blobhyperthink:

bbctheory84 likes this.
  10. Vudoodude

Vudoodude Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Life didn't promise you any of this. It's society that did, so technically society is a scam...or at least your parents/school/etc

Jasad likes this.
  11. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh, maybe it is because you likely are young but life isn't a scam. There's plenty of ways to live that will make you happy but instead people choose jobs and lives that make them miserable and don't take the blame themselves.

You can live off a part time job if you want to live in a cheap area of the US for example, but you are fucked if you decide you want to do that part time job in NYC. It's all about your choices. You can even live in Vietnam for dollars a day, or a place like Panama highlands for cheap.

TL;DR People make choices for the loot/shiny items and bitch about their grind.

12. Notaborax

Notaborax 『Woeful One』『Poet』『Epi's & Azuka's Cat』

Reading List:
    Link
    great use of meme

13. SighingGuru

SighingGuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Life is just like everything else, perspective matters. If you having a hard time in life, you should pull back and force (self-discipline) yourself to notice the smaller things, things you usually forget or ignore. Reading these light novels whether we like it or not still influences our perspective. They make us, desire and search for unrealistic things if we are not careful.

Life is not a scam, I believe we get more from life when we truly feel incredibly helpless or incredibly happy.
    My advice is don't give up yet because as I learned very recently life can give you a pleasant surprise if you hang on.

Bright_Lucky_Star and Jasad like this.
  14. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Advice are boring without memes. What I realize from half the kids nowadays.

Notaborax likes this.
  15. bbctheory84

bbctheory84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have spent over a decade moving the goal post. Oh I didnt enjoy life this year (2012) maybe next year. 2013 comes along nothing changes for the better. Another 5 years go by with everyday living life of a robotic NPC, its 2018, nothing got better. I try changing up stuff and many things all for naught. Now its 2019, I have given up. No point in working when there is no light at then end of this wretched tunnel. Why put effort when only luck,genetics, connections give rewards. Everything else is futile.

16. Abox

Abox ☆Havek's Lil' Kitten☆ {Rea's Slave} |Bielt's Wife|

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t know where or when y’all were promised things in life...

I do feel that life is unfair in that I have to fight for everything, but I don’t feel that it’s a scam...

Notaborax likes this.
  17. Lolkika

Lolkika Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha. biggest scam ever.
    Sometimes I wonder what's the point of it all.
    It's unfair, hard work doesn't always pays off. Take a student for example. You might study for an exam all day long, but your friend only read it once, but achieve higher grade than you.
    Or as a worker. You might kiss your boss ass, do everything nobody else would, be professional and principal, but the one who gets the promotion. and got a raise might not be you.
    All of you who believe in equality cannot be more stupid. We're born different. Male/female, rich/poor, talented/untalented, beautiful/ugly, tall/short. Well that's nature.
    give birth to a son, whom you place expectation on, love, provide for him, cherish him, overwork yourself to pay his college loans etc.... He either doesn't respect you, or a drunk driver got him killed. All your hard work turns to ash. Just think of the family. How is life fair to them?
    The one who you love doesn't love you back.
    Your love ones will eventually die.
    You aren't invisible. When someone dies, most of us believe that will never be us, or we wouldn't be in that situation, but death comes at any time and any age. Most of the time it come soooo sudden............
    We cannot choose how we die, how our loves one die.
    We cannot fully accept that our parents, our lovers will someday die.
    That one day, you too will die.
    Why happiness is often short. Why some people are born with genetic disease.
    That one day you'll be forgotten.
    Do you see the heroes down history.... Although we remember their name and glory... how often do we really care about them?
    We take everything for granted.
    aughhhhhhh...............
    Well life is not fair. true, but it's also beautiful, full of satire.
    Thinking about life will make you go bold.
    All that matters is your happiness.
    Life is short.
    Be yourself.
    Make yourself happy
    Treasure your love ones, they'll not always be your side forever.
    They say live like today is your last day.
    Don't do anything you'll regret later one.

bbctheory84 likes this.
  18. zloi medved

zloi medved Well-Known Green Tea Bitch

Reading List:
    Link
    "Scam" suggests there is someone deliberately trying to swindle us in order to reap some kind of profit - and there is! Congratulations, you've finally worked out capitalism.

Marriage once something to look forward to, doesn't mean anything anymore.
    Marriage means exactly as much as the work and sincerity you put into it. The idea that "marriage doesn't mean anything" comes from... what, higher divorce rates? People aren't getting divorced now because marriage doesn't mean anything, they're getting divorced because they can. Fifty years or sixty years ago, divorce was incredibly hard to get approved. People weren't staying married because their marriages meant more, they stayed married because they couldn't get court approval to leave. Y'all.

Kids are not financially viable, even if they were, a lifeless world like this is too horrid for them.
    Wow it's like an older, previous generation running companies knew fossil fuels were going to fuck over the environment due to multuple studies but decided to keep quiet and continue using them anyway because it was profitable and they'd be dead anyway by the time things hit critical point.
    Similarly, children are no longer fiscally viable to have because the cost of living has risen whole the average minimum wage has stayed completely stagnant - guess why that happened! If your answer was "capitalist pigs hoarding the wealth because having hundreds of millions of dollars aren't enough when they could have billions of dollars (which also won't be enough)", then you get a point!

Its 1 hour commute, 8 hours of slavery, then another hour of commute to home. The 40 hour work week is really 50 hours. Wages barely cover expenses in my city, this is after college degree.
    Say it with me now: capitalism as a social system places wealth and profit over all else and exploits human life. Within a capitalist system, unless you exist in the wealthy 1%, you are not a human being, you are a tool being used to reap profit which you will never, ever see, because it all goes to the people in charge. Cost of living raises as people seek more profits, but minimum wage stagnates as people resist giving up their wealth. It's capitalism as a system working exactly as it is intended, and if you feel that's fucked, congratulations, now you're finally getting it.

People are shallow and obsessed with vanity and have no depth.
    When we live in a society that tells us on a widespread, cultural level through things as obvious as advertisements for beauty products telling us normal human features are hideous and need to be hidden, down to things as insidious as only allowing people of a certain standard of beauty to be on TV, so we are constantly exposed to people who are good looking and have that level of beauty presented to us as "normal and widespread" within fictional TV shows, where women's fucking knees are photoshopped to not have dimples so an entire gender of people are forced to worry about how their own knees look because all the ones they are shown in magazines are baby bottom smooth, when we are told over and over again that we should be beautiful because beautiful is normal and also that we have no intrinsic worth as a human being unless we are attractive, what do you expect is going to happen lol.

Life is one big SCAM, a scam for many generations, a scam that has lasted for so long.
    THAT SCAM IS CALLED CAPITALISM. YOU'VE CRACKED THE CODE. NOW WHAT ARE YOU GO DO ABOUT IT, COMRADE.

bbctheory84 likes this.
  19. Acarnina

Acarnina  

Reading List:
    Link
    In life you are guaranteed two things: death and taxes.

Everything else costs extra.

bbctheory84 likes this.
  20. rosie94hrpr

rosie94hrpr Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My family has a saying; "Life sucks and then you die." We aren't very optimistic people.

bbctheory84 likes this.