Spoiler The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Apr 19, 2017.

?

Will it get better

1. Yes

93.9%
  2. No

6.1%
  1. Emmabluez

Emmabluez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg someone actually made art of LQG with a big balloon head D'x

2. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the info, fixed it.

3. Paper_Plains

Paper_Plains Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't be entirely certain since a lot of scenes had been moved around Lol though what comes next

Originally they were going to return but SQQ had the notification mentioned in the cliffhanger
    That's a mandatory missions and sqq will die if he doesn't complete it
    Sqq persuades the two I think
    :blobconfused:

They finally go to the temple where the mission is located and well everyone is there and so important matters were being told luo binghe hears the truth about what his parents did everyone still scorned him and sqq failed his mission and died again
    Jk he gets sent over to the other book and is horribly tortured by original LBH which was probably worse then death but ya a lot of flashbacks might have been moved there

Haha I'm only able to give small details for now since I'm not sure how the later chapters were moved :hmm: :blobReach:

Sauling likes this.
  4. claudine

claudine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for fixing it!

5. Emmabluez

Emmabluez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hear ya. Lbh is also my favorite and I don't like seeing him in pain :'<

readerz and Sauling like this.
  6. Yulia Scarlet

Yulia Scarlet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do anyone know where to read Sha QingHua x Mobei Jun's story ch or extra ? I really wanna know their story really bad :cookie: And Can I know how many extra does SV has ? I'm really into Bingqui now :sweating_profusely:

7. Jass

Jass Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a directory to the translated extras a page back

Yulia Scarlet likes this.
  8. Yulia Scarlet

Yulia Scarlet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much :blobsmilehappy:

9. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank god, I am not the only one who feels this way :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary: *hugs*

Emmabluez likes this.
  10. Melonee_Mizu

Melonee_Mizu Looking for motivation

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but people dont' care much about. They just wanted the full story and not some cheap MTL/summary/half-assed job, apparently. But don't worry, I assume that it's like that for everything they see that is MTL'd.

Not to mention, I translated these before the MoShang ship got really popular because I was really obsessed with the ship and wanted others to enjoy it (from me, your MoShang great-great-granddaddy, your welcome). It was expected to be slightly cut off and focused on the more juicy parts especially since back then not many people were translating the extras, iirc. Only after the airplane bro extras, the deep dream extras, and something else (I forgot) got translated, that's when this whole explosion of translations of the extras came in. So with the few people who started to translate the extras via MTL, like it was expected to be, well, MTL'd.

Not complete as in there are some things cut off/summarized/edited and it's MTL'd (which apparently some people do not like), complete as in, as I mentioned in the previous post, "complete with all 6 chapters". Instead of just being cut off at a certain chapter and leaving people hanging for the next chapter. I published the Airplane Bro extras the day I got finished translating and verifying the 6th chapter. This is what I mean by that.

I don't know if I should have said it more casually to show off how much I am starting to sort of despise this translation I did with something like "Half-assed and shit garbaged, but here are all 6 of the chapters of the Airplane Bro extras. Please try to enjoy and don't share outside of the spoiler form."

11. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    @Melonee_Mizu I love the Airplane extras. :eek: They are sooooo amazing!!!!!! Seriously, they have romance, comedy, action, and the ending was cute! :X3: MoShang FTW! I wouldn't mind if there was a Moshang spinoff, hahahahahaha.

Cypress and Soulfill like this.
  12. claudine

claudine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen the criticism and AFAIK it was from people who can read Chinese... Your translations were aimed at Moshang shippers and I think you really helped to raise the profile of the ship. Back in those days SV fanworks, not to mention Moshang fanworks, were very few. (I noticed that there was an explosion of fans after Ch43 got released by BC.)

However, that extra was really important cos it also included pertinent information about CangQiong Mountain and characters like YQY and SJ. SQH was also given huge character development here outside of the Moshang ship. So for people who care about the entire of the novel, not just Moshang, I don't think it's unfair for them to want to read it in its entirety. That's what the re-translation is for. It's not a competition, no one gets paid for doing this after all.

Additionally, MTL does really affect the understanding of more complex texts. SV is still relatively MTL-able. But if in doubt, always check the meaning with at least 3 dictionaries and Baidu lol.

You should still feel happy with your translation because you obtained your goal -- for more people to enjoy Moshang. That's not a bad thing at all.

13. Melonee_Mizu

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, I'm not.
    Thanks.

Hnhn! But apparently, from what I heard from a friend, MXTX thinks that MoShang is hard to write??? oiweoihfwei i'm going to stab myself if MoShang don't get their own book in the future. //prays//

14. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just happy the Moshang ship really sailed in canon. :LOL:

Cypress and Melonee_Mizu like this.
  15. Melonee_Mizu

Reading List:
    Link
    Yo, I am too. And personally, I like that their relationship is pretty ambiguous. Like, it's such a free-for-all for artists and fanfic writers. The only thing we know for certain is that they did sleep together, but does that mean they are official as a romantic couple? Does that mean they accepted their feelings for one another?? Or are they winging it? Mutual benefiting from it? Sure, MBJ might have changed himself a little at the end to keep SQH near, but after spending 36+ years with a person that saved your life thrice, how could he not get attached?

One of the things that makes this hidden gem of a ship more special ig. xD
    Just wish that MXTX can give them their own novel. //bangs on table excitedly// .

I talk too much. /yeets self out/

16. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Every time I finished reading the latest chapter of SV, I feel like reading the next chapter and I guess it's a good thing.

I am looking forward to the next chapter and the climax to the story and I really enjoy the BingQiu moments. It's nice to see Binghe wears white again as it's so nostalgic :love: even when I love him better wearing black XD

Emmabluez likes this.
  17. Nokia Red Panda

Nokia Red Panda Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    Fuyuneko, lily_ocho and Soulfill like this.