Recommendations Looking for novels where the mc planneds out situations.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by GreyPancake, Mar 26, 2019.

1. GreyPancake

GreyPancake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finish reading Overgod Ascension. I like the mc in the story just like it is in Warlock of the Magus World,where the mc can adapt in any situations and doesn't just grovel over in situations not in his favor awaiting a plot amour to come to the rescue.Would prefer if the novel places emphasis in talent levels and bloodline.Never liked the fact most novels just stat someone as having talent and someone having none,should at least stat to us what kind level talent these people have.Novels having different power levels than those usual Qi types would be accepted like Lord of the Mysteries.

2. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. readerread

readerread Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like I have similar taste so I’ll mention what I’ve liked besides WMW.

Perfect World at least upto ch 1000 has been good
    Tales of Herding Gods
    Rise of humanity to an extent tho sometimes you feel plot armor it’s still a good read
    The Legendary Mechanic only 100ish chapters in and it is decent, lots of planning ahead since he knows what is to come
    Divine Throne of Primordial Blood also
    A Will Eternal or any Er Gen really
    Immortal is very good but lacking in translations
    Grasping Evil is a bit different but also excellent so far
    And finally Transcending the Nine Heavens

King Shura
    Novels extra
    The Second Coming of Avarice
    For non Chinese novels

And really if you just want to read I suggest IET, right now I’m enjoying Lord Xue Ying and Nine Cauldrons, neither have stupid MCs and actually MC in LXY prefers a slow life instead of rushing to battle all the time

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    GreyPancake likes this.
  4. GreyPancake

Reading List:
    Link
    Ive heard alot of bad things about Perfect World to the point i ignore it's existence, ive read nvoels from IET multiple times esp Lord Xue Ying till the end,Er Gen novels are amazing also,Ive always been curious about Divine Throne of Primordial Blood but found out he has just normal bloodline in a world where everyone meaningful has a special one,would you know wether that changes at all? Or is the novel gonna go the route of "Mc figures out special abilities of his mundane bloodline route" cause that would really suck.

5. readerread

Reading List:
    Link
    Perfect World has its issues for sure, but personally it was one of those where once I got to reading it and made it a hundred chapters in or so I didn't want to stop.

Divine Throne of Primordial Blood to the extent I've read it follows more of a researcher mindset like in WMW where the goal is to break the shackles of the bloodline. He doesn't try and find special abilities of his, but instead focus on breaking the shackles that limit different levels in bloodlines. It's a good premise. I don't like MTL and can't read Chinese so I can't comment on how it will be past current translations.

Also if you have novel recommendations that you think I'd enjoy after seeing my list above, let me know, I've nearly run out of things to read since the things I want to read aren't getting translated

GreyPancake likes this.
  6. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Quoting a review:
    Just like anything written by tomatoes, this novel contains lots of potential and just like every work by tomatoes that I've read, all of that potential to be a great novel is destroyed by insanely stupid behavior of certain characters, because it doesn't matter how smart the author *says* they are, they can never *act* smarter than the author himself can imagine, making them superficial degenerates.
    for example, just in this last chapter one of the potential enemies made a threat against MC's family! But instead of thinking of how to deal with him quietly, MC just makes his influential enemy, who did not take him seriously before, aware that
    1-he's not afraid
    2-might retaliate
    and INSULTS him OPENLY
    thus creating MUCH more danger for himself AND his family, compared to JUST SHUTTING HIS DUMB MOUTH but the author, again, thinks that arrogance is superiority and FORCES unnecessary tension, because he can't imagine better ways to write tension
    2 stars for moderately interesting cultivation.
    shallow characters, shallow conflicts, shallow fighting, shallow writing, shallow filler-talk to increase the number of chapters.
    another shameless money-grubbing "novel"

Not reading this pathetic waste anymore.

Quoting a review :
    ->protagonist knows the pain of the woman he loves being killed by his enemies
    ->his cousin is about to marry
    ->his cousin is described as completely in love, wanting to spend his life with only one woman
    ->his girl was kidnapped by bandits one hour ago
    ->protagonist is stronger than bandits, able to quickly catch up, while his cousin is weaker
    ->he, a former stealthy assassin, drags his cousin with him, even though it slows him down
    ->they arrive at bandit camp late at night (best time for stealthy assassinations by a top professional, who's great at using PROJECTILES!!! such as stones)
    ->knowing that those kidnapped girls will be “most probably raped and killed”, they decide to WAIT and do NOTHING because the bandits would know his face (next chapter reveals his ability to change his appearence.....)
    ->they find the girls’ corpses, cousin suffers a similar experience as protagonist has in previous life
    ->protagonist thinks: eeh, it’s just a chick, "I wouldn’t risk my cousin’s life for a random person”
    ->a bit later, the same group of bandits responsible for kidnapping+rape appear at their doorstep
    ->protagonist (who is strong enough to kill ALL of them) and cousin calmly talk to them like nothing happened
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!?!!!!!!
    tomatoes is either retarded, or writes incoherent jibberish just to make people angry...

SinnyVic likes this.
  7. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    The Amber Sword - talent levels and bloodlines are a thing, since MC has a lot of knowledge from playing the game which are repeating in real life he has plans for everything.

Stop, Friendly Fire! - MC has a boneline (cause he is a skeleton he can't have blood), his karma is joker so he pretty much fools everyone into his master plans.

Everyone Else is a Returnee - Not much focus on bloodline but MC does come from a bloodline, and he plans a lot of stuff, so much so that
    He defeats the last bosses master plan before even engaging the last boss and only for the last boss to find out the hard way

Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint - MC has read the novel of multiple regressions, so they pretty much plan a lot of stuff, not everything but still a lot.

Dungeon Defense - MC is weak so planning is pretty much everything, he was born a demon lord, which gives him status over other demons, does that count as bloodline?

8. GreyPancake

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess you really dont like this author lol well from a standpoint of a reader of lord xueying i would say there are multiple problems with the novel,the only reason i actually read the novel is cause it was a sequel of another novel,the fact novels have sequels and hints to each other is just mesmerizing for me,since ive read alot of novels and feel down when the novels just end with no mark on any of other novels made by the author,IET actually has novels that tells stories in multiple universes just so the ending can be mark with them meeting each other.Thats probably what makes him so known in this website as a author.For the other novel i havent read since it inst part of any line up but judging from your review i wouldnt want too.Thanks for the in depth review though.

9. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. GreyPancake

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh if you wanna burn time and read some decent novels i suggest the Er gen line up ? AWE,ISSTH,RE,PT.I for one am still searching for novels that have any resemblance to the mc in Leylin. Currently my go to novel is Lord of the Mysteries its a novel that gaining alot of attention cause of the unique power levels in the world.I highly recommend it to you,it has a few chapters of world building but once youre into it you'll get hooked.

11. GreyPancake

Reading List:
    Link
    Heard senior brother just has him powering up asap and ending fight asap no real depth,i dont read novels with female protagonist feels off to me for some reason maybe the indulgence.

12. djsosonut

djsosonut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Perfect World is great. Most people that dislike it hate the fact that the MC starts out around five, and in his village it seems no one gets called by their given name until they're considered grown. Think that happens for the MC when he its 12-13. So you have to deal with the author calling the MC 'little guy' until his village recognizes him as an adult. Make it hard to put yourself in his place. 1000 chapters in and he's only about 22. Still it's one of my favorite stories, and I've loved watching the MC grow and mature and gain various names wherever he goes. From "little guy" and "milk baby" to "Stone Emperor" and "Demon King".

But all and all I think you should try Age of Adepts. Very smart MC that knows when to stay under the radar, or make a big show. And always planning ways around the schemes of people stronger than him that feel earned.

13. GreyPancake

Reading List:
    Link
    I loved age of adpets it was the perfect read for me since i was looking for a novel like warlock,sadly though it was dropped so there's no point reading it at all,he doesnt even go to the final rank and actually gets fucked over in the ending.

14. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    They were just quotes from 2 reviews at the bottom of the NU series' pages. Not mine.

Have you ever heard about the author "Andur" from Royalroad ? Got quite a bunch of books that are connected.
    Try his best work "Beyond?" first. Call me when you want to know the list.
    Info: Basically for some reason MC and FL (in most of Andur's works) are always the same souls, just they always have a new personality in new life. It become a plot part in some books.

15. GreyPancake

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy shit what is this website,its amazing.Give me a list of what youve liked,so far im trying to get into these fanfiction novels,people have talents these days lol.

16. Wick

Wick Black van owner

Reading List:
    Link
    Carefree path of dream
    Omnipotent sage
    Lord of mystery

17. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    You never ever heard about RoyalRoad ? (previously RoyalRoadLegends)
    Nope it's not fanfictions, it's just a english hosting website for english webnovels just like Wattpad (this does have originals + fanfictions) and storiesonline.net and others that can't really recall. It's just that RoyalRoad is a category of it's own because it only got quality works.

Normally i would recommend you "Beyond?"
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/2850/beyond
    from Andur because it's my number 1 novel for me. But after remembering that you want a story where MC plans his situations, i remembered another decent one.

Title: The bounty hunter
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/8247/the-bounty-hunter
    Please start this one first because i think 1)there are more planned out situations in this one 2)keep the best for the end (Beyond?) 3)it's quite dark but everything is okay for MC+harem and i want you to finish it first (the isekai in this work is quite a shitty hole, MC got a sad past that he couldn't protect his first village that he encountered in isekai even though they were really kind people and finally the girlfriend of his best friend dies (even though they were such a good couple)/ some enemies for some reason can be considered to be good people too / MC got quite a diverse harem) 4)Author of Beyond? got quite a bunch of series/books that are related, better to finish this short series (that is in hiatus) from another author and it will feel like a burden will be lifted from my shoulders

Call me when you done.

GreyPancake likes this.
  18. GreyPancake

Reading List:
    Link
    Gonna try bounty,beyonder synopsis sounds nice thanks alot for the recommends.

19. readerread

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn that's unfortunate. I was looking forward to reading something like WMW, but I can't stand it if the novel is dropped or the author fucks with the ending. LMK if you think of anything else worth reading

GreyPancake likes this.
  20. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Mother of Learning