Discussion Is it because I got older?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Sager, Mar 26, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unkxz

unkxz Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    The opposite for me. now I'm totally fine with a MILF teacher taking advantage of HS boy in a 'story' 18+ or not. but when I was in HS I'd never have any thinking about a teacher, that would be more like a nightmare. lol.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    Wujigege likes this.
  2. anon1guy

anon1guy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol its not that you got older i think. Its because you got woke.

3. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably a multitude of reasons
    1. You're older
    2. You didn't experience it yourself, so you don't have any personal experiences about it
    3. Media keeps on portraying negative examples of it (there aren't really many positive ways to describe it)
    4. You have a relative that's in the possible age group that could be affected
    That being said, pedophilia is scientifically and specifically towards prepubescent children aged 10-12 years, or at latest 13. Hebephilia is 11-14 generally and ephebophilia mid-to-late adolescents at 15-19 generally.
    And the word itself means just sexual attraction, if they actually do anything they're child molesters and criminals, but if they don't actually act on their impulses, people generally just consider them to have psychological disorders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebephilia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia

That being said, if you compare the amount of times you hear about female teachers and male students compared to reverse or same-gender situations... are there just that much fewer, do they settle it in secret or just never get caught?

4. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, seems like an responsible adult opinion to have. Now if such a thing happened i'l be wondering if the kid's grade will depend on how pleasing he is to the teacher.

Deleted member 125960 likes this.
  5. Skullie

Skullie [Lonely][I want cat :(]

Reading List:
    Link
    Same with me. I used to read harem novels, now I drop any that have harem in them (really dislike harem)

6. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest their age difference is just 7 years, old enough to be one's older sibling....

when Male MC turns 18 I'm pretty sure no one cares anymore.... :blobsmirk:

Your here? That's rare.... :sweating_profusely:

Sabruness likes this.
  7. Airisu

Airisu Where is my daily GL

Reading List:
    Link
    In my country that's a crime. Going with people younger than 14 years old if you are 18+, it's being a pedophile, end. You get arrested for that.
    If it's after 14, it's still very borderline. Depends if it's consesual (which, in the novel Sager linked, it's not. The teach is literally abusing of her power to abuse sexually of her student…. so NO NO NO, that's just sick. That's a plain crime in modern society.)
    I can get why he dislikes it so much now.
    Fictionally, I don't condemn novel like this one btw, I read my fair dose of sick stuff… but I know it's sick stuff and I would never ever dare to say that's how a "sane" relationship should be. It can remain in fantasy.

8. Skullie

Skullie [Lonely][I want cat :(]

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s rare indeed......
    I got curious

9. tmark0099

tmark0099 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that you've had sex ( I assume), you're more aware and not that horny to judge right from wrong. Or maybe you're not horny enough

10. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Given all the recent Hollywood leaks and how you have cases of one man and 1000 girls getting released
    Let us just say that they are well hidden.
    People like Epstein with sexual slaves for one.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Epstein

11. Deleted member 125960

Deleted member 125960 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    :sweating_profusely:

You handled it well.

12. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    It's abused and that is bad. For me, even if the scenario changed with the two became older passed the paedophile stage, I would still dislike it purely on the fact that it is the abusive use of authority.

13. Dovey

Dovey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As we get older our tastes change, back when I was much younger I couldn't get through even a single chapter/episode of any psychological or dark themed book/show. But now those themes are some of my favorites. High school you would have been all over it because you were the target demographic, as we get older even if it's a novel we used to enjoy we'll slowly start finding its flaws.

14. ZeroBlink

ZeroBlink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At the end of the day this is fiction and to top if off it's written fiction. It's ok not to like it.

Personally I have a strong separation between reality and fiction. In fantasy I allow everything from murder to just genocide of any kid. I don't care , it is not real , if it isn't real and it isn't realistically depicted (as in painted or sculpted). However in real life I am the opposite , I value morality and moral choices foremost, some of my beliefs could be seen as intrusive.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    Chrono Vlad likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.