Spoiler Generationel Marriage

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by mya04, Sep 2, 2018.

1. mya04

mya04 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. MiyaMira

MiyaMira Jobseeking Sloth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Certified Imouto

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is pretty boring. The ML is the husband in her past life. It has a pretty good ending. I didn't read everything since the story is pretty slow, and mostly from MC's pov. What I remember:
    • The ML's family chose MC from the start, but MC refused so strongly so they tried to engage ML with any of MC's cousin that likes ML.
    • ML was at first indifferent and disliked the girls in MC's family, but MC keeps avoiding him which piques his interest to her. He actually cried when he knows that MC refused the arranged marriage with him.
    • ML talked it out with MC, said that he knows she hates him (even though he doesn't exactly knows why, but he can feel the hate) and apologized to her. After the whole family persuasion and some trouble that happened with the cousins, MC finally gives in and agrees to the arranged marriage, but ML needs to wait until she's 17-18 before they really get married (she's traumatized by the past life's experience and tries to avoid her disaster by marriage at an age later than when they originally married in past life).
    • ML tries really hard to pursue MC. He even buttered up with MC's brother and mother so MC will like him a little bit more. Throughout the courtship MC acts pretty cordial with ML.
    • In this lifetime, MC was able to give birth to a healthy boy. But she still misses her son in her past life sometimes and couldn't help comparing the son in the current lifetime with the past lifetime. She still does everything she can to protect her son, though.
    • The ending was pretty confusing. Famine and disaster strikes the country and the family decided to return to the countryside. MC was still worried that ML would be like in the past lifetime and only cares about his 'real' family members first and abandon her. ML didn't abandon her, nor anyone from the family. They somehow managed to escape the capital and returned to their ancestral home safely.
    That's the gist that I know from what I barely read through. The plot development is pretty slow, so I quickly got bored. Except for a few moments, we're rarely exposed to the thoughts of the ML. I'm suspecting that the ML also returned to the past like MC, because some parts of the narrative shows that he somehow knows what's going to happen in the future. But then it's hard to give a conclusion because it was not exactly clear in the novel? And what made me really disappointed was that there was none of the pov of the ML from the past timeline. I want to know what exactly happened in the past timeline because even MC herself is confused of what's going on? But then the novel ended just like that without any extra, ugh :sushi_singing::sushi_singing::sushi_singing:

nenuphar and midnight reader like this.
  3. mya04

mya04 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much for your reply, it saved a lot of my time.but the simple fact that she got merried to same jerk in the 2nd life made me hate this novel so no way I'll read it.
    thanks again :)

Neelambori and 5limeoll like this.
  4. Asha7

Asha7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened in the last timeline. Why d does MC hate ML?
    Did he had concubines or killed her ?

5. MiyaMira

MiyaMira Jobseeking Sloth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Certified Imouto

Reading List:
    Link
    It's complicated. He and his family mentally abused her, her son died, then he kinda abandoned her for his family when bandits attacked the village they're living. Her actual real beef with the ML was because of the son's death.

Granted, we never knew things from ML side during the past life so we cannot totally put the hate on the ML as MC was an undecisive and too gentle in her past life to even do anything.

The current lifetime, MC became more decisive, still gentle but have her own bottom line.

6. Asha7

Asha7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the Spoiler. No ML POV- Too bad. Just I know that an author will sometimes write an extra. But too frustrating what a big plot hole. And the son's death is also unforgiving.