Why do all of these CNovels have such young female protagonists???

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Duffer897, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Duffer897

Duffer897 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love the ridiculous plots of face-slapping CNs (even if they get exhaustingly same-y) but I have yet to actually read and enjoy a single one because! The female MCs!! Are too!!! Young!!!! Always a sexy and beautiful 14 or 15 year old, so gorgeous and enchanting with their tiny baby selves :sick::sick::sick:. Even if you try to say "historical accuracy~", these are novels with talking rabbits and girls who can somehow slap the Emperor without losing their hands and heads, so that's already not an issue. And it doesn't matter that the transmigrated soul is actually 25 so she's an adult in her soul ohhh, the body you're slobbering over is still a child. Are the authors just all pedophiles? I just want ONE story where the MC is over 18 so I don't feel like a second-hand pervert reading about how nice these underage tiddums are :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:.

(I'm being specific to cnovels here but I know this is an issue in LOTS of countries' works, this is just what I've been seeing recently)

Overall Addendum/Edit: I don't think I'm supposed to be so active in my own thread but oh well. What I want to make clear is, things like "well in the past it was just like that" don't sway me at all. These stories are inherently inaccurate; you use the setting, the style, the aesthetic to tell a story of a super OP girl (or boy) who's got everything in his/her hands. Which is fine! I like indulging in that kind of story, it's really fine! But if you're gonna do all this shit and then say the girl (or boy! it's still pedophilia if I'm seeing a boy in this role, looking at you danmei novel community :cautious:) has to be wedded and bedded at 14/15/16 because "history" and "everyone died at 40 in ancient times" (lol) then that's just bullshit. And it's bullshit I see a lot. I can go skimming through novelupdates for five minutes and find dozens of pampered wives and venomous consorts and naive little boys who catch the attention of older men with their beautiful enchanting underage selves and I. Don't want that kind of content. So please don't try and convince me otherwise; I just want to know if there are romance cnovels with historical/ancient settings that don't do that. That's all.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  2. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    it all about target audicence ( mainly teen and people whose mental age never left their teens)
    but if it perturbs you so much you have a simple work around, create a script that replaces all ages below 18 for 18

strayCat0 and ludagad like this.
  3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is very popular on webnovel, you can check it if you want
    Trial Marriage Husband: Need to Work Hard

4. Reak

Reak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fuyuneko and Duffer897 like this.
  5. Duffer897

Reading List:
    Link
    Pfft, quite the solution. I get what you're saying, but a part of me is genuinely mad at how prolific this shit is.

Mmm, I know that one. I guess I should have clarified: this is an issue I'm seeing in historical novels, which are what I prefer anyway. Modern pieces are definitely better about this issue (though a lot enjoy mentioning how the MC could totally pass for a high schooler which is... hm).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2019
    strayCat0 likes this.
  6. Kuroguma

Kuroguma [Cyber Lich] [Aspie] [SOX][Forgotten Perv]

Reading List:
    Link
    'Cause, in 99% of all cultivation novels you usually have to start at a young age to lay a solid foundation of cultivation.
    So having them start at 14 could already be considered late.
    It's the same for males aswell.

7. XXXXX

XXXXX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    warlock of the magus world
    reverend insanity
    ...mc's don't give a shit about pretty girls.......
    world of cultivation... mc doesn't even know what a girl is im pretty sure... but have only read 160 chapters of that one...

my disciple died yet again should be fine... its female mc and dont remember specific age but should be over 20?

edit: i figured with cn and talking rabits you meant fantasy cultivation and stuff..... but historical novels... cant help you with that :p

8. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    It was fine at first but it does become a bit overused.
    I think it goes the same way with JP. There are non-harem novels but there always tend to be a age gap and the girl fresh in high school while he’s near 30 lol.

9. Duffer897

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh sure, I get that, but that doesn't mean you can't wait to start the romance until these kids are grown. It's one thing to say this 14 year old girl is cute and lots of boys like her, and a whole other to say she's sexually attractive and has grown ass men waiting for her to "mature", you know?

Fuyuneko and strayCat0 like this.
  10. jkim0940

jkim0940 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the life expectancy back then wasn't as good as today. People were getting married at their teens cuz they drop dead in their forties. If the female lead is 30 years old, she wouldn't be searching for a husband but a nice grave for the future. If it bothers you, just mentally multiply the age by 2.

11. Duffer897

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, exactly. Yeah, disclaimer, I don't want people to think I'm racist for singling out cnovels, lol, this shit happens everywhere. But just like you say the plots are overused, so are the itty bitty protags. I swear I read a title that literally had "13 year old consort" RIGHT THERE in the title, LIKE. UH.

or you know, both, same ancient civilization vibe going on, so you're fine!

But the men always seem to be in their twenties, which further aggravates the issue for me. It's always a "wait till she's legal" energy except not even that, lol. And that argument makes sense in some contexts, but not in stories where people are out there living till 500, you get me? And also, I like to complain :p and I don't like having to mentally double these ages because there's always that creeping feeling of like "yo does the author legitimately think 13 year old tits are alluring or"

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2019
    strayCat0 likes this.
  12. TDDM

TDDM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read a lot of novels and from what i seen most girls are over 18 i don't think i read any that they were younger. Most young famels i seen were in jp novels. If u meant something "13 year old consort" its based in the past int the times when people were considered old at the age of 40. S o they had to start to procreate at a younger age to have kids.

strayCat0 likes this.
  13. Asdq

Asdq RSS FEED SECT! I WANT YOU FOR THE RSS ARMY!

Reading List:
    Link
    The age for sex in my country is 14. Wait, my niece has 18 years now. Wow, the time fly indeed.
    Edit: Now makes sense, when my niece show up with a guy 20 old years, I thinked "wtf, this brat has 14 years and already is sucking dicks and no one care about this". So she had 18 years already. Crazy!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    strayCat0 likes this.
  14. Duffer897

Reading List:
    Link
    JUST TO SAY, I know I may seem whiny here, but this is something that seriously gets under my skin, and I made this thread hoping to reach people who feel at least somewhat similarly? I mean, yeah, I know I can just not read these novels (which is what I am doing!) but I really like these kinds of stories and think there must be some that avoid this problem. Like xuanhuan novels tend to avert this (not always but) which I appreciate!

Wujigege and strayCat0 like this.
  15. Kuroguma

Reading List:
    Link
    https://bucket.bluegartr.com/d8f26653bed30ab5966deb28962296f8.jpg
    Meet saya irie, she's 13 or so in the picture. does she look that? no
    My point with this picture is to demonstrate that they can look mature for their age.

And an interesting fact:
    The government was forced to propose the Criminal Law Amendment Act 1885, which raised the age of consent from thirteen to sixteen and clamped down on prostitution. In the United States, as late as the 1880s most states set the minimum age at ten to twelve (in Delaware, it was seven in 1895).
    This shows that 18 as the age of consent is quit new, and still to this date many countries has it at 16.

strayCat0 likes this.
  16. Duffer897

Reading List:
    Link
    Look, thanks for replying, but I don't think we're gonna be on the same level here. You posting that picture just proves my point. My issue is not with children being physically mature, it's with the fact she's being SEXUALIZED for appearing mature. Which is my problem with these novels I'm discussing. And honestly, citing consent laws is just, like, an immediate non-starter for me. Laws are legal standards, not moral ones. So I don't need to be told about those.

strayCat0 likes this.
  17. TDDM

TDDM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In most of the novels when the girls are young boys are too someting about 16.
    Yea but if they live to 500 they can just look 13, And even if the girls are 13 and the guy is 500 in that case with training brainst starts developing faster so they can be mature at that 13, and if someone is 500 i doubt he will care about the age of other peopole.
    You don't mind the age but looks if the girl had brain of 90 year old and looks of 12 you would complain anyway, but if the girs looked and was 70 but was retardet and had mental capacity of toddler ther is chance you wouldn't mind.

Of course ther are also crep authors who like small girls but i don't think it's majority

18. Duffer897

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh trust me, I would. I just didn't realize that I had to specify the second case. Cause, you know, I figured taking advantage of someone incapable of making decisions for themselves is automatically bad?

Also, which novels are those! I can't find them properly! Hence this thread!

19. Duffer897

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice, finally a f***ing reversal, very "howl's moving castle" haha

strayCat0 and Reak like this.
  20. Kuroguma

Reading List:
    Link
    How much of a discussion would it be if everyone agreed with you?
    And you are half wrong with the law, yes they are not moral standard, but as moral standards influence and some cases dictates laws. so when morals change so too does the law, take same sex laws, legality of homosexuals to marry. And laws are used to influence people, like in my country they want to stop prostitution, so here it's legal to sell sex but not to buy it.

strayCat0 likes this.