LCD Xian Ni

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. TheDeadApostle

TheDeadApostle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This might be the best web novel I've read so far. I was skeptical in the beginning since the start was pretty slow and I wondered why people would say it was as good as/even better than I Shall Seal the Heavens (then again ISSTH had a pretty slow start too), but currently this web novel is blowing my mind. The story is a lot more poignant that ISSTH's. And I'd argue the main character is even better.

Wang Lin is probably the best MC I've come across in wuxia/xianxia or in fact web novel. Leylin from WMW was just a cold, unfeeling machine, and frankly if you swapped out his character for a robot, I doubt WMW's plot would change much. I feel like the heartless archetype in his case went way too far. While it can be refreshing after reading a hundred generic heroes, at the extreme it deprives a character of his humanity. Wang Lin on the other hand is cold, yeah, but he never throws away his humanity/emotions even when everyone else is. Leylin doesn't really care about anything but becoming powerful, but Wang Lin is pretty much the opposite. There are things much more important than being powerful to him. Er Gen is also a beast at writing bad ass speeches:

Since ancient times, those that followed the will of heaven were favored by the heavens. but in truth they were merely insects! My dao doesn't follow the will of heavens, I follow my heart to walk against the heavens. I don't seek to be immortal, I seek to get rid of my status as an insect. That is what it means to rebel!

I feel like out of all the cultivation stories I've read, this is the one where the main character best deserves the title of heaven-defying cultivator. Btw can anyone tell me if Xian Ni comes before or after Beseech the Devil chronologically speaking? And also, how is Beseech the Devil?

blablabla12 and Nepuko like this.
  2. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    go search around chapter 240. That was when he wanted to enter SOul Formation, and became mortal and a wood sculptor. One of my fav arcs :)

3. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    I see you're a bro *nods*. Same here. The reason I read Ri was because of Slaughter(how badass he was *-*) in ISSTH, and when I began reading it I was like..."meh", but then I was mind-f*cking-blown and now I'm hooked to the point that it can be called "anchored" to the novel XD.
    And yeah, WL, out of all MCs is likely to be the personification of a real heaven-defying cultivator ^^

Myself, as well as a lot of CHinese readers would agree with you that WL is better than MH as a main character. The reason ISSTH was the least liked novel of Er Gen (I said least liked, dosen't mean they didn't like it, me neither) was mainly because of how "perfect" Meng Hao was. Yeah he had character developement, and he was a great MC, but still inferior to the likes of...WL for ex. And sometimes things just fall on his lap. While Ri has actually a "realistic" cultivation world, with the scheming lvl being over 9,000, and MC has to use his wits everyday to survive,etc...
    So they said they all felt Er Gen could've done better with issth, he didn't use all of its potential. Still a great read tho, one of my fav novels.

Chronologically speaking, Renegade Immortal comes after BtD. It's like this actually : BtD -> Ri -> ISSTH. (we still don't know about AWE)
    As for BtD I didn't read it yet, but the bunch of seniors I asked told me it was really good, only second to Renegade Immortal (some say it's a really close second), and even more tragic than Renegade Immortal. If Wang Lin was Er Gen's stress ball, then Su Ming is Er Gen's chewtoy.

:)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    Northsix likes this.
  4. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    Fudge, I dunno what to feel about that. The last time Er Gen strayed off his style and made a story in a modern world, it didn't go well (Against Heaven), and he dropped it after ~100 chapters......
    Well, he's Er gen, I'll trust him on that, tho I won't have high hopes.....but if done well, it could be an interesting take and change on what he usually does....hmm.

PS : Tho, if the new story happens in a modern world, I wonder if it's still connected to the other novels? I guess yeah it could happen eons after the other novels, or just in another galaxy far more advanced than MH's, SM's, WL's and BXC's I guess.... the Universe is vast after all...
    And it would be kinda funny if that moder world chubby 8 year old MC would be the Immortal later on XD

5. bangjali

bangjali Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Dao of patience, now I know what it feel for other fellow RI readers

6. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    I just caught up. I really like tuo sen, Happy that him and Wang lins parting didn't end with death

7. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    Same. Hopefully they'd be future bros XD. That was a superb ending to that arc

8. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Who was xie qin again?:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

9. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    He’s a guy who meditated on Wang Lin’s domain while he was cultivating this planet and begged to be taken as a student. He left traces of his domain there so he could cultivate if he really wanted to

10. Bank

Bank Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1488 :
    The cliché nick of time to save/help his friends. :/
    I'd like more if he can meet his old weak friends and they have a happy life. :blobcheeky:

11. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait till Nether Beast poops it out, that'll be a true golden storm.

12. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    The mortal philosopher renowned for being a pinnacle scholar. Wang Lin was assimilating with all life on the planet , asking if they knew what 'Dao' is. He answered heaven was a fishing net trapping us fish and Dao was how we broke away all shackles or something. He ends up obsessing over the Dao and as a near dying old man walks all the way to the mountain MC cultivates on, bleeding feet and all.
    Shows a strong determination and MC accepts him as a disciple.

Nepuko likes this.
  13. eulerman

eulerman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All I can think of is this is your nether beast?

[​IMG]

Nepuko and elengee like this.
  14. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Meanwhile, it feels comfortable around mass murderer ancestor Wang. Maybe he'll feed it some more 7 coloured realms and make a man out of it!

Nepuko likes this.
  15. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

16. blablabla12

blablabla12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This bunch of cultivators acting all patriotic makes me want to puke, so decharacterized.

17. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    wdym? :hmm:

18. blablabla12

Reading List:
    Link
    These people literally kill their family and friends for benefits, so i expected little to no acts of heroism from them.

19. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it happens when you have a common ennemy who's only goal is to kill and enslave our asses. And individually, what you said do happen, but when you're part of a sect like the God Sect, Demon and Ghost Sect, and when you have the Lord of the Sealed realm(both of them to boot) leading the battle, and using his Battle Essence and Ancient order roar to pump everybody up, this happens.
    And again, common ennemy my dude. And you also saw yourself that when the glory thing began to collapse, everybody began thinking of saving his ows ass, so what they didn't change that much XD (and btw, the Brilliant Void system was the one shown with the most cruel and scheming cultivators. Allheaven is all about bloodline/pride, Cloud Sea is about...glory in this case?)

But I get what you mean bro (y), and I think you get what I mean as well now :)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  20. blablabla12

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand, but you can always betray to save your ass, or desert, this is what generally happens in real life when the enemy is stronger.