Discussion I [23m] found a qidian membership on my wife's [27f] computer. My wife should have no reason to use

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lil K.O, Apr 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey everyone. I don't know what to do in this situation because I never expected I'd face something like this. I'm trying to stay calm and rational and examine every possibility but I'm coming up seriously short here.

I met my wife on this subreddit at the end of 2015. We talked on and off for some time before she agreed to meet me. By the end of our first date we found that we had so much in common that we even agreed we should have met a lot earlier. We were both into the same genre, we were both into the same series, and we both saw eye to eye on cultivation matters. More than anything, we were both against the idea of reading MTL.

I know, heavy topics for a first date. We were on a roll and just kept talking and before we knew it we were three to four dates ahead of the curve.

At the very least I held off on telling her about my wuxiaworld membership until the third. Her immediate reaction upon hearing about it was of an instant of shock, where she couldn't believe a young guy would get one. She immediately followed that by commending me for my conviction about being a deathblade fanboy.

We dated and had a great time with few real arguments, and eventually settled down with a big wedding and a big house. After getting married, if anything our relationship has only gotten better.

Last week I came into my room after making us some dinner and she was obviously reading; she quickly shut her phone off and I played it off like I had no idea what she was doing. Fast forward to two days ago, I was curious as to why she would try and hide it from me (I dont care if she reads volarenovels) and curiosity got the better of me. So when her phone was unlocked and she left it on my bed, I quickly peeked through her search history. There was tons of qidian series - all the time. I didnt think much of that (though it does kind of gross me out) and kept scrolling and then I saw some search terms that made my heart drop into my stomach. “qidian membership” etc had been entered around 5 times.

I quickly put her phone away and panicked a bit, I had no idea what to think but my intuition told me there was more to find. I couldn't imagine someone just randomly getting the urge to look it up; I know enough to know these habits develop over a lifetime. So last night I peeked through her history on her computer and was traumatized. She was logged onto a qidian account with a membership.

I haven't told her what I found. When she got home that night everything was so normal. I tried to gauge how she was feeling or if she seemed like she was trying to hide anything, but couldn't find a single thing

The more time this simmers inside of me, the more the possibilities start springing to mind. What if she got a virus? What if she was covering for someone else by letting them read at our home? What if she, for some reason, just logged onto an account randomly? Or, what if she just bought a membership? I only know one thing for certain: unless someone broke into our house to log onto qidian and read a bunch of other series haphazardly, she was the only person other than me who could have logged onto it.

I don't even know how to ask her or how to bring it up. We have both expressed adamantly that qidian is ridiculous. Wuxiaworld has done nothing to displease her, at least that I know of. Maybe I'm just naive or maybe the situation is more complicated than I'm giving it credit for. But I feel like a coward for being unable to bring it up four days later just because I don't know how.

tl;dr I found a qidian membership account. The only person who could have possibly used it is my wife. How do I bring this up?
    found it on the novel translation subbreddit here's the link :https://www.reddit.com/r/noveltrans..._27f/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

otaku31 likes this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hven't filed 4 divorce yet? :cookie:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  3. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Excommunicate her immediately!!! :blobhero:
    Put her on trial for heresy!!! :blobpoliceangry:
    Burn at the stakes??? Nah too old fashioned. Also way too much pollution. :blobexpressionless:

Only one option left... EXTERMINATUS!!! :blobhyperthink:

Imawa, Westeller, lucjanssens and 3 others like this.
  4. Quillink

Quillink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm shocked OP. You poor soul, I can't believe your wife would betray you like that.

As the mods, they might know a support group that can get your through this.

Thatsnoreason, Shio, Zomula and 6 others like this.
  5. CrispyNoodle

CrispyNoodle 『Noodle Overlo*d』『Open Pervert』『Onii-chan』

Reading List:
    Link
    I reported you

kenar and elengee like this.
  6. 123abdi

123abdi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His wife has obviously betrayed their marriage vows.
    There can no longer be trust in their relationship

also..... who the heck dates someone they met off a subreddit

also.... is really this a viable method of eDating

Jojo775 and otaku31 like this.
  7. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Arrogant Young Master got onto her account as well as your wife.:blob_coughblood:

otaku31 and Lil K.O like this.
  8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsalt::blobsalt:4444:blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt:4444
    here I see some cat confuse about it partner behavior then lil ol me still single:blobpensive:
    :blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt:

9. TianKrea

TianKrea 『Novice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I double checked the website dude. I thought I was still on reddit lmao.

10. Read1212

Read1212 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jerry Springer needs to come out of retirement to settle this via chair throwing.

GaleFool likes this.
  11. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Novels brought you two together mate, don't let it be the reason for you two to separate from each other, be resolute and speak with her, tell her your worries and may novels bless both of your souls :blobangel:

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  12. ninish

ninish ✿Fujoshi✿ [#224~] [Dʀᴀɢᴏɴɪsᴛ] [Lᴜʀᴋᴇʀ Lᴇᴇᴄʜ]

Reading List:
    Link
    (You should check if she hasn't installed wattpad and isn't reading (or writing ) BL in there. As long as she isn't , dude, her membership ain't no problem, you ain't getting anybody better than her anytime soon anyway. .)

kenar, Moy, Seraphic and 4 others like this.
  13. NinjapowerMS

NinjapowerMS Local man ruins everything

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know whether to take this seriously or not.
    I'll do both.
    Why are you dilly dallying around and bring it up. It's not like it's gonna shake the foundation of your marriage for something so stupid and ridiculous if you're that curious why she paid membership if she was that adamant against Qidian. I don't know anything at all about the site so I'm assuming by paying membership you can read locked chapters, maybe she wants to read the novel she likes that is not on other sites?, couldn't resist and sold her soul to the devil.

File a divorce.

Sabruness and Rainingmoon like this.
  14. Duran

Duran Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mir, Zomula, kenar and 5 others like this.
  15. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the problem, albeit i hate most of novels on Qidian, i found some novels pretty okay. I do think your wife is pretty wide minded. *thumb up*
    If your wife is a novel reader, she will eventually find your posts on novelupdates and subreddit~~

Edit: Oh that's not your own post. Anyway probably April prank?

Rainingmoon likes this.
  16. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so confused lol

Moy likes this.
  17. grish99

grish99 [Pelican Hater] [Hater of Face-Slapping]

Reading List:
    Link
    Im gona be the dick guy and say
    story sounds fake...
    and why do you put 18 as youre age? why not actual age or random age but actualy 18....

Rainingmoon likes this.
  18. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well done sherlock
    You truly are the greatest detective :blobok::blobok:

AliceShiki and grish99 like this.
  19. elRouge

elRouge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Relationship is a complicated stuff but i believe if you have thread this far in life and get married this obstacle is just one hurdle along the road, if you still cant understand what she really think then you should come clean with evidence and ask her with open heart

20. grish99

grish99 [Pelican Hater] [Hater of Face-Slapping]

Reading List:
    Link
    inb4 I stalk you to see what youre actual age is...
    november 7th is youre birthday you say hmmm...