Spoiler The banished villainess living the leisurely life of a nun making revolutionary church food novel

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by sarrieta90, Mar 7, 2019.

1. sarrieta90

sarrieta90 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking for spoilers about this series if any. Not sure if this is an original manga or a light novel series.

Dragon_Reader likes this.
  2. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    PandaForLife likes this.
  3. sarrieta90

sarrieta90 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok that's a relief, anyway if there's any spoilers. Please spoil me

4. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    The saw the manga and got interested. Looks to me that the 'heroine' is your typical bad villainess and the MC is the actual good person. And ML is that military commander. For a change, he is the shy type whose expressions become more severe the more embarassed/ shy he feels.... So, waiting for spoilers...

Rania want to QT likes this.
  5. kieshi

kieshi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. SkeletoNQueeN06

SkeletoNQueeN06 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was a web novel that turns into a light novel and then popular enough to become a manga...
    I can't give you the spoilers yet cuz I just translated the prologue of this web novel and I was actually reading it as I translated it. But I'll be sure to drop down spoilers later once I finished reading it. Probably.
    here's the link to the translated prologue if you're interested.
    https://skeletonqueen06.wordpress.c...-kyokai-kaikaku-gohan-de-yuyu-sister-kurashi/

lostross, syofiaa, Irie and 5 others like this.
  7. louberlu

louberlu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you. We are waiting impatiently. I read the translation of the manga and i find this story quite interesting.

8. BBQme

BBQme New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From the recent manga updates, seems like the ‘heroine’ is not really the villain though. Her actions seem like they followed the storyline of the game whether or not the MC did actually commit any crimes against her. Not too sure on this since I don’t understand Japanese though. It’d be great if anyone can clarify

9. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoiler, please?

10. seabuckthorn

seabuckthorn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1
    That heroine and prince duo is like on shoujo-automode or something, any panel that features these 2 give me goosebumps :sweating_profusely:
    Kinda reminds me Nozaki's manga...

11. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Is he a prince? If so, then why were people against their union?

12. seabuckthorn

Reading List:
    Link
    Which one are you asking?:blobsweat_2:
    Edit

Wait, weren't that cringy guy was prince of different country or something? Am i mixing it with something?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  13. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk, but the princess and him said that other people were against them getting together so they ran to MC’s church to get marry

14. seabuckthorn

Reading List:
    Link
    Went to read translated chaps, though there's mention about prince of neighboring kingdom, nothing about this particularly guy mentioned... sorry for wrong information.

15. Kapa08

Kapa08 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need more spoilers :(

Why Rosetta lie about who push into the lake? She doesn't look like a bad girl just a stupid one...

Briana likes this.
  16. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi everyone! So I kinda fell in love with the manga for this novel and in my need for spoilers, I looked up the novel. Turns out they are almost on par with one another, but as I am looking over the novel raws anyway, I thought I might as well summarise the novel chapters for anyone interested starting from volume 2 (chapter 23 in the novel). My Japanese is.... not all that great though, and I'm also not a native english-speaker, so please take any information with a fairly giant grain of salt ;)

023_ Ice Cream and Running Away

While cleaning up the church garden, Elizabeth first thinks of how it would be great to get balls and teach the children some games like soccer, baseball etc. Then she tries to make ice cream, which is quite difficult as ice is hard to come by. She smiles thinking: „If I ask Leonid, he'll seriously go to the northern country.“ (<3)

She and another Sister talk about the market/church festival that just ended (chapter 6 in the manga) when the carriage with Rosetta and Prince Claude arrives at the church (who is in fact NOT Elizabeth's former fiancé. Her fiancé shows up later and was one of the capture targets, but Rosetta did not end up with him but instead chose the 10th prince Claude of Moires Kingdom, their home country, who I think was the hidden character and not quite on her level status-wise, which is why their marriage is opposed and they had to come to this very specific church on the border between the two kingdoms Moires – where all the characters are originally from - and Remaiza – where Elizabeth's church in the Cloreras province is and where you can get married even without the permission of your guardians).

024_Church work

Everyone at the church is incredibly busy preparing the church as they were notified via pigeon that a carriage was on the way earlier (“Oh, fun ~. A runaway/shotgun wedding!!”). Apparently, Norita Church where Elizabeth is currently at is famous for hosting shotgun weddings, and this will be her first one to administer since she's arrived there.

The couple knocks on the door, and Elizabeth opens it, only to come face to face with the Prince and Rosetta – both of which are equally surprised (it was previously implied that they didn't actually know where exactly Elizabeth was sent to).

Oh, and to answer a previous question in this thread: In the novel, it is implied that Rosetta isn't evil, is just that all these events were pretty much pre-determined so regardless of what Elizabeth did, she would have been blamed and banished. So basically, the important storyline events were set in stone.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  17. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    025_Reunion With the Heroine

"... Elizabeth, why are you here?", says the baffled Rosetta. “No, this is where I was exiled to, but… don’t you remember?” "What was it? ... Some country ... Somehow a church? Well, it's difficult and I can't remember." Rosetta says without malice.

Elizabeth gives up arguing as she realised long ago that Rosetta isn't evil, she's just.... well, stupid (my words, not Elizabeth's lol). For a quick moment, Rosetta seems to think that Elizabeth has come here to stop her wedding, which annoys Elizabeth a little: “First Leonid, now the Princess, the world seems to want to bother me”. However, when Elizabeth assures here that she has no such intention and that the church will not contact her parents in the neighbouring Moires Kingdom, Rosetta rejoices with teary eyes: “That’s true! Will you be our friend? Thank you Elizabeth” (There's some more dialogue, but really, it just shows that Rosetta isn't evil, just very stupid and spoiled).

She notices the husband-to-be and realises that he is Claude Moires, a beloved prince who has no blood connection with the King of Moires (who I believe is Rosetta's father) – the hidden character of the otome game and onii-chan type capture target (I think?). The expectation for his character is that, as he has no right to inherit the throne whatsoever, you have found real love by choosing him.

“Welcome Claude and Rosetta, welcome to Norita Church! Would you like a wedding ceremony in front of the goddess Helevera?”, they eventually get back to the main issue at hand, which both of them agree to. What follows is essentially the couple being buttered up with wedding stuff like flowers, enthusiastically complimenting children etc. It is kind of implied that Elizabeth, a former event planner, has revamped weddings at Norita Church.

026_ By All Means, Celebrate Your Shotgun Wedding in Our Church

As shotgun weddings are somewhat time-sensitive (because you want to be finished before your pursuers arrive to stop you), everything needs to be quick, however, it's still a once-in-a-lifetime wonderful event so they have everything down to a science at Norita Church thanks to Elizabeth's skills as an event planner in her previous life, involving the whole village in providing dresses, flowers, rings etc. A couple of different wedding packages are explained to Claude, who eventually chooses one. Rosetta picks a dress and a ring in the meantime (apparently exchanging rings is not common is this world and is a custom introduced by Elizabeth). They settle the payment for the plan, tricking Claude just a little bit. Now the shotgun wedding can start.

027_ A Tower of Cider Goblets

The event starts off with a little party trick, a champagne pyramid (in the novel, they call it a tower, but in the manga, it's a pyramid), however, instead of champagne, cider is used. The couple is happy and makes a toast (and the novel explains how apple cider is made). In all this celebratory mood, the church door suddenly opens – and Claude pushes Rosetta behind him, expecting the new arrivals to be their pursuers.

Turns out, it's just Leonid, so Elizabeth says that everything is fine – that is, until she remembers who exactly Leonid actually is: The Head of the Royal Knights of Moires Kingdom. Naturally, everyone starts to panic at least slightly once they realise that, looking at the three of them one after the other: Rosetta, the cute daughter of King Moires; Claude, the prince of Moires Kingdom without any royal blood; and finally Leonid, the Head of the Knights of Moires Kingdom.

However, Leonid being Leonid, it takes him a while to finally get it: “They are running away to the neighbouring kingdom because in Moires Kingdom, everyone is opposed to their marriage”. His eyes turn scary, not because he really cares about those two getting married though. He remembers that these are the people responsible for Elizabeth's fate.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  18. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    028_ In a Way, A Scene of Carnage?

Claude and Rosetta make a big fuss about not going back when Leonid finally says: “I won't do that”. He has no intention to stop the wedding, causing even more confusion – after all, he is the Head of the Knights, isn't stopping this pretty much in his job description?! It was Elizabeth who finally realised: “Ah, maybe ... because you're on vacation?”. Trying to calm the situation down, they hear more sounds outside and Christhart arrives, who, as the Lord of this province, usually shows up for the weddings as having a witness who is a noble is always better. Once Christhart finally noticed Claude and Rosetta, he freezes, fully realising the very delicate situation at hand. For him, to witness this wedding, a shotgun wedding between royals from the neighbouring kingdom, could very well turn into a huge diplomatic problem later, so he turns around on his heel, trying to push Leonid out the door as well, seeing as how Leonid is also a noble and would face the same problems.

Leonid, however, does not move even a millimetre, so Elizabeth takes over and pulls him outside by the arm. Mysteriously, now he can move.... weird, really ;) In the meantime, preparations for the ceremony resume inside. Elizabeth tries to get Leonid to leave, but he only replies "I can't do that". Pleading with him to be reasonable, she points out: "... You are a noble, Sir Leonid Gardhelm. A knight loyal to the Throne should not participate in a royal marriage that is opposed to the royal family." "... Are you worried about me?", he asks after finally understanding what she means. “Leonid should be more aware of being a member of the nobility.” “Oh, my title is an important gift from the king for protecting the country.” "Then pay attention to it! If you do something inconvenient for the knights, you will betray the king who trusted you." says Elizabeth, completely in preaching villainous ojou-sama mode. This causes her to realise something: "I'm a former noble and now a commoner, so I'm really not allowed to talk to you or Count Cloreras." Leonid vehemently disagrees: "There's no such thing! Elizabeth is Elizabeth. Nothing changes. I know (you).” The seriousness in his words make her shy. "Thank you……".

029_Now Continuing On From My Previous Life

"If you really want me to, I'll stay away", Leonid says, once again kind of breaking the very delicate atmosphere between them by returning to the topic at hand. "Yes, I'm sorry, but please stay away this time". He nods, and moves like one step over, then looks at her completely serious and asks: “Is here okay?”.

Really, what is with this man? Elizabeth is at a loss, trying to figure out what Leonid might be thinking to behave like this. "Do you want to disturb these two as a knight?" "I don't care about that ... No-I'm …" "What 'I'm'?" "By those two people ---" At these next words from him, Elizabeth finally understood. He must be worried that she herself would do something to them! However, Leonid says “Because you are worried!”, then continuing with “I am not qualified to worry about anyone.” (okay, I am pretty sure this is what it says in the novel, the manga does this part a little differently though so.... who knows lol)

Naturally, Elizabeth is..... very confused. Ah, screw it. Pretty much giving up, she drags him to the church attic, which has a small window that overlooks the church entrance. "If you want to watch, just stay out of sight", basically depositing him there, promising him a meal as reward later.

Elizabeth remembers a bit about her previous life while carefully descending the long stairs leading to the chapel. Apparently she tried really hard for each couple, running around various places to make it the best possible event each time, and feeling very happy when the couple would smile at the end. She meets up with Rosetta in her wedding dress, who is very happy, which in turn makes Elizabeth very happy.

030_ A Wedding With a Memorable Dish

Rosetta and Claude's wedding begins with organ music and a children's choir, administered by Pater Moritz, who stands in front of the goddess statue. They make their vows, while Elizabeth roots for them, thinking they must have endured quite some hardships to get here after she had left. Their love, thoughts and need for one another are conveyed. The couple exchange rings and kiss, causing Rosetta to finally stop her tears and break into a gigantic happy smile.

The wedding is a huge success, especially once Elizabeth serves the wedding cake. “My mother's countryside pie ... Mom's pie with walnuts, apples, and plums in the middle.”, exclaims Rosetta full of surprise and emotion. Turns out, Elizabeth new the recipe from the otome game (and this recipe is then explained in the novel so readers can make it too).

19. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    031_I Think I Should Go to the Wedding

They walk back outside the church, Elizabeth gently carrying the long veil behind Rosetta so it doesn't get dirty. Outside, the villagers are waiting to congratulate the couple who until then, has had to be all alone with the church people. Instead of a flower shower, they do a “rice-shower” with coloured barley in six colours, attracting a lot of little animals in the process (which is not only cute, but also convenient has it helps them with clean-up). Next up is tossing the bouquet – directly into Elizabeth's arms!

Looking surprised at the bride, Rosetta laughs and says: "I wanted to give it to Elizabeth. I'm sorry for everything up until now, thank you so much for today". “Princess Rosetta, please be happy. I’m so happy now as well.”. They hug.

In the church attic, Leonid is watching the wedding. "... Is it over?", he wonders when Rosetta and Claude exit the chapel and are congratulated by the villagers. "What are they doing? Is there still something?" If something were to happen, he'll rush down there right away. However, there was no tension in Elizabeth's expression. To him, she looks very happy with a beautiful, gentle smile. “It's a pity that smile is not directed at me”, he thinks absent-mindedly, then realising what he just thought and pounding his chest to call himself back to reality. When Rosetta turns back unnaturally towards everyone, he tenses up again, thinking that now that woman is gonna do something to Elizabeth after all. He darts up, trying to rush down there, but he is too slow: something falls straight into Elizabeth's hands. “Is it poison? Is it a spray-type sleeping pill? Anyway, this is bad!” However, seeing her expression, so shy and very happy, he freezes. In his eyes, even though Elizabeth is wearing her sister dress, with a bouquet in hand, it looks like a wedding dress. Rubbing his eyes to get rid of this wicked illusion, he is quite shaken. Elizabeth in a wedding dress - It was like his very own wish. "That's ... It's still too soon!"

“What are you doing, knight leader? A new game?”, says Toni, one of the 3 kids that had now climbed into the attic. Apparently, he had been so shaken that he didn't even notice them coming in. They had brought food for him, saying: "Knight, Sister Elizabeth burned it a little but I eat this.”. Joining Leonid at the attic window, they comment on how beautiful the princess looks, to which Leonid says nothing. “Do you know Leo? That bouquet, whoever catches it will marry next” "……What?" In other words, the next wedding is Elizabeth's. But... who will be the other person? For a moment, something dark rises inside of him, but then he shakes his head. (There is some banter with Leonid and the children about how Elizabeth can't get married because she is married to God – I think – but tbh, I don't understand it in the novel, so please refer to chapter 8 of the manga).

The next day, Rosetta and Claude finally leave after getting a marriage certificate without anyone pursuing them. The sisters see their carriage off. “Leonid, you can come out.”, Elizabeth then says in a loud voice. It's not like she knows where he is, but she has come to expect that he must be somewhere close by. As expected, Leonid emerges from behind a tree. Elizabeth says she hopes they'll be happy, to which he says: "Oh, you too …", confusing her and leaving her to wonder what he was trying to say. However, he says no more, so the two simply walk back to the village.

032_The Baron's Daughter
    In a mansion with impressive black brickwork and white windows next in Nortia village, Charlotte, the Baron's daughter, is sitting by the window, talking about the wedding that had happened in the village with one of her maids, Xenia. The maid explains that it was a shotgun wedding, which surprises Charlotte, who didn't know that Nortia village was famous for that. Charlotte, who loves romance stories just as much as any other girl, wants to know just who got married, but their identity was a secret to most people, so she decides to simply ask Elizabeth later. It is revealed that Charlotte apparently likes Elizabeth quite a bit, because with her around, it is never boring. A letter from the Baroness Drina, her mother, arrives for the young lady. However, reading the card inside, Charlotte turns pale. "What should I do ... Xenia, Vanessa ......... Sister Elizabeth!" Her good mood disappears. She's gonna need the help of the Sister she can rely on.

033_Trauma At a Ball

At that time, Elizabeth is cleaning the garden of Norita Church like every day, remembering when Leonid first showed up and how she had still not quite felt like a true member of this village back then. She sits down and relaxes, which is only possible because the strict Sister Roxanne had returned to her home for a few days, which is quite unusual. Of course sisters could go to a different village for a bit, but it's rare that someone would return to their home regardless of circumstance. Elizabeth is curious as to what happened, but, thinking that getting involved will only lead to trouble, doesn't investigate further.

Charlotte shows up with her maids, saying: “Elizabeth! Become my attendant and go to a ball with me!” But.... She was exiled as a villainous lady, so naturally, such a request takes Elizabeth by surprised.

Accompanying Charlotte back to her mansion, she hears that there will be 3 balls held simultaneously the next week, and Charlotte must appear at one of them as the daughter of Baron of Drina. She shows Elizabeth the invitation for the ball, hosted by Viscount Pasolino, however, as Elizabeth is originally from a different country, she does not recognise the name. According to Charlotte, her mother insists on her going, making Elizabeth remember just how difficult being the daughter of a Duke was. Suddenly, she remembers something: “Did you make your social debut?” Judging by Charlotte's reaction, she did.... and it didn't go well. (Okay I'm going to be honest, this whole part about how many balls and why and where was very confusing. I take no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided here lol)

Flash-Back Time: A year and a half ago, when Charlotte was still 12 years old, she attended a certain ball and stood alone in the corner of the venue. The other children laugh about her, saying that her title was bought with money, but she cannot escape as her mother had insisted, saying: “I will not forgive failure”. Some douche shows up, apparently drunk, smirking at her wallflowery self and saying: "Don't worry, I'll have a friendly conversation with any lady." She introduces herself and relaxes a little when he asks about her hobbies and such. “I like climbing trees!” was apparently not an answer he or any of the other people listening found acceptable. “Hey monkey lady, your face is red.”.

Listening carefully to Charlotte's confession, Elizabeth begins to understand why she hates balls so much. “But if Sister Elizabeth comes with me as my attendant, I feel like I can go!”. Faced with that, Elizabeth reluctantly agrees.

20. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    034_Yogurt and Delicious Vegetable Juice

“So why is Sister Elizabeth in our kitchen so early in the morning?” The next day, Elizabeth visited the mansion of Baron Drina again. Apparently, this new dish she is cooking is supposed to make Charlotte more beautiful: “Hair, skin, limbs, nails, etc. A so-called healthy body shines and looks beautiful.” She further explains that a healthy body is largely dependant on healthy food, which is why Elizabeth made her yogurt. With fruits and honey, this new dish is absolutely to Charlotte's taste! Next, Elizabeth makes a smoothie from ground pumpkins, carrots and oranges, adjusting the taste with honey and salt, teaching all the maids and cooks in the kitchen how to make it so they can serve it to Charlotte as breakfast every morning, making sure they wake her up at exactly 7am every day from now on. This way, if she goes to bed at 10pm at the latest every night, she should soon develop a healthy rhythm.

Next, Elizabeth explains some light gymnastics and makes sure everyone understands that from now on: "All sweet snacks are forbidden!" The maids promise Elizabeth to pay close attention, breaking Charlotte's little heart in the process.

035_Special Teacher for Lessons

Elizabeth continues to educate Charlotte on how to behave at a ball at the mansion of Baron Drina. Step one were instructions on improving her lifestyle and eating habits, but now she is quizzing her on the names of all the important people Charlotte can expect to meet there using a little technique for memorisation. She explains the hierarchy of the different noble titles and the difference between upper and lower class nobility. Exhausted, Charlotte needs a break.

After the break, they have practical lessons in the garden of Baron Drina. Charlotte is learning how to properly courtesy and give her greetings. Using all these unfamiliar muscles, Charlotte starts to shake, and when she is about to fall over, Christhart catches her. He has come to help Charlotte by playing the male role in various lessons. His Butler Daniel puts two books on Charlotte's head

Soon, the little lady makes progress with Christhart as her opponent, so Elizabeth gives her a challenge and puts her in front of Leonid, who had shown up soon after the practical lessons started. Intimidated, Charlotte starts messing up again, so Elizabeth moves in to give a perfect example of how it's done, bowing gracefully and saying "Thank you for inviting me. I look forward to a wonderful night." with a sweet smile. For some reason, Leonid's face gets even stiffer and scarier. Charlotte excepts the challenge once more and jumps out in front of Leonid, who simply and absent-mindedly mumbles "... I really can't see this". "Did you say something?" asks Christhart. "I was just practising my quiet voice". (riiiiiight..... )

Finally, on the evening of the ball, the three adult women, Elizabeth, Vanessa and Xenia, surround the little Charlotte and force her into a corset and pannier. They discuss dresses, but when Elizabeth remarks that maybe something else would be better, Charlotte beings to pout and says: "Don't comment on other people! Sister Elizabeth should wear a dress as well." In response to Charlotte's signal, Vanessa brings a dress. Elizabeth is in shock as the dress brought out is the dress she wore originally when she was expelled. Shouldn't this dress have been sold off?! The other girls are excited, but to her, it looks like a cursed item. Still, she is forcefully put in the dress, but the back button does not close... Charlotte sends her a cold gaze. “Sorry, I’m sorry… My breasts, the rice is delicious…” "No excuses! Time for a corset!" Naturally, this hurts Elizabeth's self-esteem a little, but somehow, she ends up wearing the beautiful dress. Still, Charlotte and the maids are not satisfied, so they bring out some more dresses until, after several hours, finally, both ladies are dressed properly.

The carriage with Elizabeth and Charlotte approaches the entrance to the house of Viscount Pasolino where the ball is held. It is time to be a proper chaperon for Charlotte! Thus, Elizabeth stepped into the social space after a long absence.

036_The World is Rather Small

At the entrance to the venue, Elizabeth first looks for the host, Viscount Pasolino, then pushes Charlotte's back and greets him together with her. The little girl is intimidated, but having mastered looking even Leonid in the eyes, the Viscount is nothing. Everyone is surprised by the change in Charlotte, who is wearing a pale pink dress, her favourite colour which perfectly emphasises her young age and cuteness. Elizabeth, on the other hand, is dressed in a deep blue dress with gold embroidery and a deep neckline, exposing her collarbone (for images, please refer to the manga raws, chapter 10).

Elizabeth watches over Charlotte, somewhat nostalgically remembering her own experiences and thoughts on balls back when she was still a noble. The many flowers as well as the food and drinks she remembers especially fondly. She notices the soft music by the orchestra in a corner of the venue. Everything is high-quality, as expected of Viscount Pasolino. Somehow, she feels like they tried very hard, so maybe someone important will come later?

Charlotte returns from giving her greetings, sticking close to Elizabeth. She is obviously nervous, but also excited by the atmosphere of the venue. They enter the main hall, were immediately, Elizabeth draws everyone's attention. "Everyone is curious about Elizabeth" “No, they are curious about both you and me. They are also watching you”, upon which Charlotte smiles proudly – that is until she spots the people that made fun of her the last time she was at a ball. Reminding her to smile, Elizabeth pats her on the back, upon which Charlotte stands up straight and beings to hold herself as trained. With a graceful smile, she turns towards the two ladies who had caused her trauma and greets them. Meanwhile, Elizabeth stands by the wall, trying to blend in as much as possible, but it is difficult to tone down the natural presence she has developed over the years, so she just stands out even more. Looking around, she suddenly starts feeling weird. That face.... seems familiar....? "Ah!?" Her eyes meet with the other girl. "Sister Roxanne!?"