Discussion Relationship incompatibility

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jojo775, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    What better place do discuss relationships than NUF!
    It's just theoretical, I don't have anyone right now or in sight and you don't need to stick to the trait in the following example :
    You or her/him/something are fit while the other one is not, meaning the following situation happens occasionally :
    "Cherry pie" let's go jog/skiing/to adrenaline park/ play volleyball/badminton
    The SO replies : but I just wanna lie on the couch and watch tv, play games, drink or whatever non physical activity, I hate running or any physical activity, just go with your friends or something.

What do you think, would you be with someone opposite to you in the fitness trait assuming everything else in the relationship is sunshine and roses.

PedoBear Version 2.0 likes this.
  2. DontLookDown

DontLookDown One with the bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Now see, I'm not all that fit myself. While I look rather skinny, I don't exercise much other than the obligatory walking I have to do at work and whatnot. That being said, though, I could definitely be with someone who was fit or even incredibly fit. Might even help me with my own fitness since the only thing I really lack is motivation.

3. Tilgarial

Tilgarial [Chaos Tiger] [Paradox] [ded][Houseplant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure. No need to do everything together even as a couple. Doing everything together only leads to darkness and hatred.
    So, having different hobbies where the other wouldnt participate would, in my opinion, serve to improve the relationship in the long run.
    Well, unless they just dont have much time together, and then still want to do different things.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Tachi Works likes this.
  4. PedoBear Version 2.0

PedoBear Version 2.0 「 Lvl. 69 Legendary Pantsu Hunter !」

Reading List:
    Link
    So you want to do some activities outside but your partner doesn't want to go out??
    You should simply do some "activities" inside that you both can get pleasure...

5. LAOG

LAOG Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing wrong with having different hobbies. Unless this is really important to you that she/he also does exercise then you should seek out someone else.

6. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Like eating? Man, I love to eat. I can eat whole day.

Tilgarial likes this.
  7. PedoBear Version 2.0

PedoBear Version 2.0 「 Lvl. 69 Legendary Pantsu Hunter !」

Reading List:
    Link
    .... :blobexpressionless: ok how old are you?
    Joking aside. I think it was still a good idea afterall

Jojo775 likes this.
  8. Tilgarial

Reading List:
    Link
    there are those out there that have fun cooking, but cant eat enough for their hobby.
    go out there, find them, and live happily ever fatter!

mir likes this.
  9. Tachi Works

Tachi Works Not a very well known member

Reading List:
    Link
    i feel like some people might be concious of looking unflattering when they work out. sometimes activities that involve bettering yourself, people prefer to do alone. they want you to see the results, not the process yaknow.

esp since depending on the weight, jogging might make them jiggle while they run, it makes you wheeze, and be red in the face, and sweaty.

10. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    I just turned 6 two months ago

11. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't been in a relationship yet but I view it as if I can't picture myself looking at her in the aisle on the arm of her father then I wouldn't pursue that person. That being the case then I'd do what she wants, I'd just have to look at the bright side as long as she doesn't force me to eat things I hate like cucumbers and radishes. Damn those things. Also watermelons or any melon.

12. Minokyuu

Minokyuu ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reading List:
    Link
    If someone doesn't wanna go outside do some fitness and wanna just play games, then recommend a game that has fitness in it, even people like me who don't go outside that much enjoyed playing games like Xbox Kinect.
    Rather than compatibility, it's better to balance out your needs and your partner needs.

Tilgarial likes this.
  13. Kairil

Kairil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends each person and situation I'd say. Generally, as long as there are some activities that both partners do and enjoy together, everything's fine.

If one part it more the "stay at home" type and the other one has to be out of the house nearly 24/7 to be happy... Well, still depends. For some it's enough to see theyr partner only every once in a while an be contend. Others have a borderline mentally ill need to be together with the partner as much as possible. If that's paired up with an "you should do and enjoy what I do and enjoy" type on attitude, well....

But then, again - not easy to generalize interpersonal relationships.

I, for my part, would join, every once in a while at least. Well, depending if I'm at a fitter or a fatter point of my life....

14. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't say that you need to do everything together as a couple, I think that's unhealthy but I know of relationships that work that way. All of them are couch potato relationships though, they don't go out at all other than to work and walk the dogs. What do you mean by darkness and hatred, speaking from experience or? I mean I can assume that doing everything with another person might make them boring and annoying to you after a while but then again it might work if the couch potatos work? Not that I wish to do so, everyone needs their private time or with their side of friends.
    I can't picture myself with an unfit girl who also doesn't want to get fit though. I'm not a fitness maniac but if I wanna spend my vacation 2 weeks skiing in the alps... where would that leave us.
    I'm not talking about working out or losing weight, or about fat people or those with medical conditions. I'm just talking about fun physical activities.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  15. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on what part each other appreciated for in the relationship. I don't even know i dated a cop before it's too late.

16. Tilgarial

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, yeah. didnt want to make it sound like you meant that a couple should do everything together, more like sport being the difference should be perfectly fine. Or something along those lines, haha

Expierience yes, but luckily only as a bystander. Some classmates of mine got together years ago, and one moved into the other's parents house at one point. so they literally spent two years 24/7 together. When both got a job, they moved out together as well, so in the end they actually didnt spend every waking moment eith the other, huh~
    Well, anyways, it apparently, at one point just got too much, with one side unloading their hidden resentment or whatever that built over the years. all those tiny problems you notice in another when you spend too much time with 'em. That led to the other doing the same.
    Suffice to say, everything went downhill from there, and now its at the point that I'm surprised that nobody (they pulled in other people, like family & close friends when things got hot) got injured during that fiasco.
    so yeah, darkness and hatred.

well, there is a difference between 'unfit' and totally avoiding any sport, even as a vacation. I know quite a few people that dont do any sport, but would - some have - go/ne skiing~

Jojo775 likes this.
  17. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like they were too young. I mean what do (most)people know in their early 20's. Living with ones parent's as a couple, that's a recipe for disaster, and a soap opera.

Tilgarial likes this.
  18. Tilgarial

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there were some problems/situations involved that did make it a reasonable, or at least one that could be argued to be reasonable, decision.
    And while i never personally saw their house, they apparently had more than enough room to make it seem as if the couple would be living alone, with the parents as neighbors or something along those lines. though, thats only what i heard, so I cant be sure

19. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Did they have to have lunch with them often? ask for the car keys, ask for money? That still sucks and would cause tensions and arguements.

20. Tilgarial

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly dont know. though, at the time they lived with the parents, they got around with buses/trains, and I do know for a act that the one who lived there first made their own food, as they were a vegan, so at least the mentioned problems likely didnt occur, haha
    but yeah, i dont know