Indiegogo/gofundme Campaign For Awakening

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Wujigege, Apr 2, 2019.

?

Fund Translation of Awakening

1. Yes

7.7%
  2. No

89.7%
  3. Wujigege is Awesome

2.6%
  4. Wujigege is Double Awesome

7.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    Correct me if I am wrong,

But aren't you the person with poor site practices and likes to milk ad money?

3. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You missed this by one day. 1st was yesterday

4. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol it is not a joke

5. bbqs

bbqs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are correct, I had to drop 8th class mage when it started to get translated in that site because of the ads, the unnecessary splitting up of chapters for more ad clicks and sub-par level translations.

6. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure, but didn't qidian/webnovel axe any form of patreon? I think to recall something alike from one of the many QI threads ...

Wujigege likes this.
  7. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I will correct two things
    1. The translation quality was poor although in fairness not much different from the previous translation website. The issue of quality has been fixed.
    2. I will also correct that the chapters were split to earn enough to hire a better translator which can be proven by the chapters since the poor translator was fired. And it is pretty common practise by websites with actual human consistent translations: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/goblin-kingdom/
    So you are wrong on all counts

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  8. UDI

UDI Writer / Emcee / Lime Blood

Reading List:
    Link
    1. You admit the poor translation quality and prove bbqs right.
    2. You also admit to splitting chapters for more ad revenue and clicks. Regardless of the reasoning, you took part in predatory practices instead of reaching out to the community for a solution(I use this term loosely, see 3 below) a such as the one you are proposing in the original post.
    3. Finally, let's talk about this 'solution'. You want the readers to not only go to an ad-riddled website where chapters can and according to your track record will be split, locked or both.
    bbqs is right on all accounts.
    And your bolding of text doesn't add any credibility or value to your argument.

kobatochandaisuki and joey183 like this.
  9. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I will humor you
    What is your solution to paying for translations if not ad revenue?

10. UDI

Reading List:
    Link
    My suggestion is that you re-read my post. That was not the point nor did I say you shouldn't use ad revenue. Using ads and using ads maliciously are two very different things and you don't seem to know the distinction between the two. Please go to other translator sites that are reputable and look at their ad system and find the differences between theirs and yours.

11. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    :facepalm:
    Your ignorance is outstanding.
    I only have one thing to say.
    I follow the industry standards.
    If you think IAB Standards for ads are malicious then I can't help you.
    Wow.. this is ridiculous.

I should add, I am pretty darn proud of my website. About 2,000 releases so far with translator paid fairly per chapter regardless of novel popularity.
    I use to think the most important thing were the readers but it is not true.
    Translators are most important.
    I was able to give raises to some of my translators this year.
    It is already a good year.
    Peace!

12. UDI

Reading List:
    Link
    You're a terrible influence and example in this community. Not only can you not form whole sentences but you only rely on simple name calling for your arguments instead of providing evidence or a true counter. You are a menace that is sadly not that uncommon here and all I wish is for everyone reading this thread to not accept this kind of malicious ignorance and speak out against it.

You are disgusting, not in form or, unlike previously stated, actions but in your personality and response to criticism. I am an avid supporter of fan translations and I believe in making your own businesses to fill out niches such as novel translation and feed the community quality over quantity in a way only a small business can but what your doing isn't that. To quote your own signature "I am the antagonist that everyone loves to hate, but there wouldn't be a story without me.". You are an antagonist, yes and without you, there wouldn't be a story but that would be just fine. There's a reason why people hate both you and your translations. Apart from your child like personality its that you, in essence, are an antagonist, a bad guy.

As I wrote the earlier part of this I actively lost interest and eventually tabbed away and forgot about it. I remember it again a while later but I no longer have the same train of thought or drive that I did while I was writing it so I will just leave this with an ending statement.

You oppose progress, you promote hostility and you are averse to the natural progress of this community, you are in short a leach.

Akesato, Karyehs, TamaSaga and 2 others like this.
  13. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Posting in original fiction? It would get taken down sooner or later.

14. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I am just curious.
    Since it is a Qidian novel after all.
    I guess it was worth asking
    Thanks for the reply that is actually relevant to the thread lol

15. lafiel11

lafiel11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well ,you might be able to generate revenue and also make webnovel find out that the novel is popular. The review says chinese novel with mc in japanase body ,that alone is interesting to me :D

Wujigege likes this.
  16. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    That is what I am thinking.
    The chapters are on the large side = more expensive to translate.
    so I might experiment with a novel with shorter chapters like this
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/hilarious-pampered-consort-lord-i-will-wait-for-your-divorce/
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/beastly-fei-that-go-against-the-heaven-coerced-by-the-huang-shu/

17. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Blushy

Blushy 【Procrastinator】

Reading List:
    Link
    Larger side = more expensive.
    It's not like you're paying for your raws, so how can it be more expensive? You just want to scam people off their money.

19. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure how Wuji is doing it, but most translators charge either by-the-word or by-the-hour. Longer chapters = larger cost.

I understand where the hate for Wuji is coming from. His business model turned the fan translation model on its head; unfortunately, not always for the better. He isn't doing himself any favors by fanning the flames. In any case, he's found a sustainable model for translations that works. His releases may not be fast, and the translations may not be perfect, but his group is translating novels for others to read without requiring you to pay for it. He's had to resort to lots of ads and Patreon shenanigans to make it happen, but those novels may have ended up in the scrapheap of abandoned novels had he not started translating them.

Had I to choose between nothing and what Wuji is doing, I'll begrudgingly take Wuji. I'm not entitled enough to believe that anything in life can be free.

Gitami, Kuro_0ni and Wujigege like this.
  20. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Ignorance is bliss.
    There is a reason you are on my ignore list after all.
    If not for @Jeebus , I won't have noticed your post.
    The lack of common sense by some like you on this forum is mind boggling.
    @Jeebus I tried to polite but after some members of this community tried to sabotage my website and thought that it meant I was easy to bully, I changed my tune.
    Humans can be pathetic if they choose to be.
    A little of common sense can disprove most of their outlandish claims but they rather stick to their talking points.
    Screw IAB Advertising Industry Standards.
    I must be using ads maliciously because some anonymous high school kid who is a "trusted member of NUF" said so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.