Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    You can't see Selen in Harem?

hillo315 likes this.
  2. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Van wants little to do with Selen (primarily since she is Heinz' adopted daughter and he killed Darcia, Van's mother and is the spokeswoman for both Alda and Vida Harmony factions vs Van/Darcia being Vida Fundamentalists).

jubjub3000 likes this.
  3. SnowDorian

SnowDorian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe that there is zero chance of Van solve to destroy the circle of the demon king, Van is not Alda, he has an objective view of the world mankind has already structured around its relationship with the monsters and the only reason there were still civilian losses on a large scale is because Alda hinders the technological development of Lambda ... without the monster Lambda societies would collapse and would need a lot of time to restructure in a world without monsters that are an inexhaustible source of food and resources ...

4. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Who knows? Somehow i can imagine Van destroy it accidentally.

jubjub3000 and hillo315 like this.
  5. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh why it Quote 2 time.

hillo315 likes this.
  6. SnowDorian

Reading List:
    Link
    DK Guduranis he did not trust anyone, I do not believe that he would put the ranks god somewhere that someone else besides him could access and would not leave such a vital work with a god who could change sides (I imagine a possibility of him having destroyed the intellect of the god of the ranks with death magic and destroyed any god who knew where he was), even if Van can access the place somehow I do not imagine him "stumbling" and destroying the god of ranks unintentionally, it is also worth remembering that Gufadgarn is always with Van she would realize at the time that she is the god of the ranks or that at least she is not a god that will do them evil ...

7. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh i mean there Evil god that using demon king reincarnation circle to become Elf , schneider party

8. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    Why make another spam post just to comment on that, rather than fix the post... =/
    [​IMG]

------------------
    Also, forgot to mention that Orlock looks like a great ally, influential and scientific, should be easily guided.

Also talking about guiding, as I was reading the comments, I think (I may have been mistaken by the broken translation) that Guidance could end up actually saving the spies and possibly the duke himself from making a regrettable mistake.

Also, while Urd is on Rod's camp for now, and she has no personal trust in Van because there was never any contact, there is still a chance she could revert once she finds out Sieg and Sarua, she should also be able to recognize them by their powers after all.

Bla8bla, Claus, jubjub3000 and 3 others like this.
  9. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol i am hunting hillo like.:blobmelt:

10. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Worry not! I'm here now! :blobokhand:

The intelligence agents noticed that Van tamed a haunted house and more or less arrived at the conclusion that Van can tame undead, yet failed to realize that he could be using undead instead of mice or birds. Someone seriously failed an INT check.

Jetarpo knows a lot about how the world works, seems fairly reasonable, and is quite sharp for a noble. He's earned some of my respect.

Yes, his name is Orlock. *sagely nod* :V

Being reincarnated is suffering.

If you get the joke, you win an Internet Cookie.

Oddly visceral. I wonder if the pink thingy is holding the world together. Best not to poke it.

They're probably extradimensional.

Van manifests in his own inner worlds. What is this, Bleach?

Basically, Van has been trying to avoid going to Origin until now. That's how I interpreted it, anyway.

Yes. However, monsters can be transferred to Vida's system with no problems. If one system is destroyed, Vida could probably take over from there.

You mean he wasn't already guided?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    Bla8bla, jubjub3000 and Nakakure like this.
  11. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually not the case, as has been explained when Orlock first appeared, the methods of taming a monster have many variations, but usually you need to force the monster to abide to you. They would never think that Van just arrives and they are insta-tamed, doing everything as if by their own will.

It's very reasonable for them to not expect Van to be able to tame every single undead there is. Plus, with the extra news that he tamed insects, the idea of taming small insects is even more frightening.

Yeah, I corrected the name, I had very little time to do the summary yesterday when it was released, plus, I ended up sleeping 1 hour less for work because I bought the 5 volumes of the LN and got good quality vol 5 illustrations for the community. Too many things to do in less than 3 hours.

I considered it too, but I don't know, found it weird, I tried checking a little on the kanjis and stuff, but the sentence was too long and that makes it harder to get the real meaning, so I'm expecting heiro and kari to help here.

Certainly not, I mean, it would be too fast, even Kanako took multiple days willingly. But it is funny how Alcrem is being guided in high pace, and it's mostly thanks to Kanako. Van united Vida races, but Kanako is now conquering the other humans too, huh.

Bla8bla, jubjub3000, hillo315 and 2 others like this.
  12. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    speak of the devil and he shall appear! :blobspearpeek:

"...It appears some big moves are happening, on Origin. Maybe the time has come to use the off-limits world."

The way I read it, basically Avalon's about to do some really dumb stuff, so Van's going to activate his "dangerous" inner world. (I dunno, the one filled with nothing but demon king avatars maybe? :blobowoevil_horns:)

Bla8bla, jubjub3000, Claus and 4 others like this.
  13. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    So it could be a skill/technique that we don't have much idea of, or maybe the "concept of a forbidden technique": Asking Zuruwarn for a favor. :x

------------

I just thought something, if Van goes to Origin, Banda can't stay far away from Mei, this means that Van may need a guide...

Van arrives in origin, Kanako, Melissa and Doug exit his shadow. Bravers are nearby, notice the 3 similar but younger and dark skinned familiar people.
    Kanako: "Yo! Long time no see?" :D

-----------

Luciliano and Orlock will be great friends.

KuroShiroe, Bla8bla, Szmiiit and 3 others like this.
  14. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Should we using Great Demon King Fragment when we talk about Van Fragment?

15. SnowDorian

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm waiting on Van Min coming up from a space-time rift in his Lovecraftian form ... I accept anything but have to have this scene:aww:

Nakakure, jubjub3000, Claus and 2 others like this.
  16. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Needs a pack of dimensional hounds also :blobowoevil_horns:

Nakakure and jubjub3000 like this.
  17. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    False equivalency. Van has a whole slew of Guider jobs and maxed his Guidance level. Bellwood can guide people basically by being present and maybe talking a little, and Van has passed even that point. Path Enticement helps a lot, too. On the other hand, Kanako has taken only one Guider job, and she's still levelling Guidance up.

Van still has to be on Origin to stop Avalon on Origin (duh), but he has a guardian spirit clone for that. So it sounds like he'll either release something on Origin or contain something in himself.

What are the inner worlds filled with? I forgot, I confess.

Van is connected to Origin via Banda. Also, they mind-meld every so often to update their experience and knowledge. Van doesn't need a guide.

Same here. If Van is Cthulhu, Banda is Octodad. We need moar Lovecraft!

18. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Regarding the latest chapter, the scene with the nobles discussing things is perhaps a bit confusing. The named people in the discussion are higher ups that have been shown before - eg the Prime Minster who's generally considered to have the real power (rather than the king). There's a lot of debate back and forth but ultimately they don't want take big risks. For example, while in theory they could issue an order that undead mustn't be tamed / made to be familiars, that would in turn force Van to either exterminate his existing undead or turn them loose. However, the Tamer Guild would likely be highly opposed to this since for them tamed monsters are generally treated with affection and telling them to kill their own tamed monsters is like telling a knight to kill their own beloved steed. So ultimately they'll leave it to the (Alda) church to complain to Van about the undead and they'll also press the church to exterminate the existing undead so that Van can't gain more power by taming them.

Incidentally, it's normal for the dukes of each duchy to have a permanent place in the capital. After all, they'd come there during election time. Such places also often serve as the center of any spying/similar. So this bunch in the meeting was surprised at the apparent lack of contact between the local Alcheim mansion and Van/Darcia (though Darcia did go visit them in person once). They do consider that Van is using familiars but they don't know that he can use ghosts. Overall, they're also surprised at just how bold Van/Darcia are being. They're also a bit annoyed that they bought a place in the poshest part of the city - there's a sort of unwritten rule that honorary nobles (ie single generation nobles) shouldn't buy places in that area.

They also plan to investigate Van at school and yes they're aware that Randolph is there but don't seem too concerned about him. However, I bet if Randolph finds out (or rather, WHEN) he'll warn them very strongly. I dunno how strongly but the author did write in a comment recently that if the headmaster of the school (Randolph's semi-lover) had asked him to investigate Van he'd have tied her up and dragged her away "for her own good" :p There's no indication (I believe) that Randolph considers Van to be a bad guy or anything... more like, you really really don't want to get on his bad side.

Meanwhile, our reincarnator girl in the Hartner duchy is working hard to keep her father from getting deeper into Van's bad books. She's become able to project her past visions rather than simply see them herself and used such a thing to scare her father off sending bigger forces to the Sauron duchy. She's also been able to get in touch with Rodcorte's angels (familiar descent, same as the others).

And finally... it's time for the final... and greatest battle on Origin to begin. Hype!

Korleone, Bla8bla, Nakakure and 4 others like this.
  19. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    That shouldn't apply here. It's the most unwanted mansion in the entire city, posh or not. Nobody else would want that mansion, so Van and Darcia are not inconveniencing anyone by claiming it.

In any case, it's an unwritten rule. By definition, you can't enforce an unwritten rule.

Does Randolph know how strong Van actually is? Because at this point, Van should be at least as strong as Randolph.

20. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I expect van to be there but not at the same time, like a shadow or an imprint?
    Where ever he 'is' he can sense everything with the signs being shadows unnaturally darkening, cold winds blowing and people hearing his whispers (remember that amid empire scout that saw the obolisk in the scylla territory? A light version of that) maybe some animals and insects turn into monsters when in his shadow? And maybe some form of shadow demon that can spawn from the shadows close the the centre of vans presence?