A new group, hands already covered with dirt and blood (Drama Alert)

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by kobatochandaisuki, Apr 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kii

Kii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah that just gives me a blank screen. It’s Kay, I will wait till I get home and try again I guess haha

2. kobatochandaisuki

kobatochandaisuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see...yeah, probably that doesn't work on mobile and i have tested it only on pc. Sorry for the issue

3. Zaroz

Zaroz Existential Lurker Demonic Calamity

Reading List:
    Link

As Na YuNa from Everyone Else is a Returnee would say: Wao!

I am shocked at how shameless some people can be. They were the ones who initially reached out to you, saying that they want to work together, but then end up ignoring all of the things that they promised you and even took away you hard work? Then, as if that's not bad enough, when you confront them about it, they make YOU out to be the bad guy?! Seriously?!

Okay, I'm pissed now.

Unfortunately, @kobatochandaisuki, you should have gone into this with more caution. In the future, I recommend enacting a probationary period on new TL'ers where they have to sign a legal contract to protect your interests. I have always viewed the work of translators to be on par with that of the original author's work. Likewise, how authors will protect their efforts with publishing companies via contracts, translators should do the same with editing and proofreading.

While I, personally, don't have the ability to assist you, I want you to know that you have a large fanbase that supports you.

kobatochandaisuki likes this.
  4. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Cautious and Paranoid

That's what you should aim for in these type of businesses.

kobatochandaisuki likes this.
  5. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Really a big thank you for your sincerity and kind words...
    I kind of miss back then when people were translating without thinking about money, had some etiquette in the community and were doing for the fun, pride and the sense of fullfillment...now we are all backstabbing each other imo...

Lessons I got from this story is that I will have to get stricter policies and be less naive...

Yul B Allwright and Viola like this.
  6. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Your post suits your profile picture.

Yul B Allwright, Mrots1 and kenar like this.
  7. c3ltic

c3ltic . . .

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it's not working on my mobile device either. Anyway, I am sorry that you have to go through all this.

8. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you... I will certainly have to be more strict and less naive...i thought trying to be nice was all we needed but then guess we are just abusing of my naiveness...
    It feels good to know i have people like you guys to support me and my group in hard times like these...
    Thank you again

9. Akesato

Akesato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my, just yesterday I was browsing through the new Korean novels and saw interesting novels being translated by the group I haven't heard of. Until today. Well, I guess I won't be reading them. It's so sad because they seem to be very interesting :c

I really can't stand like people doing things this way. I had to drop few novels because of shady/greedy translators taking over (while doing mtl. so shameless)

Hope these kind of people will stay away from you in the future.

Blushy likes this.
  10. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao what kind of phone didja have

11. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    Stories like yours, remind me that the Baka-tsuki era of translations have really died.
    Where translators & translator groups work towards a common goal with no shadiness involved.

Though your dealing with the fallout from all this, I do wish you the best and hope things will become better for you & your group.

Imawa, Yul B Allwright, vlue and 2 others like this.
  12. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    the ordering was a bit off and made piecing it together a bit tough, but i can see how things went off course. it had some serious potential hostile takeover signs. merge the groups, obviously with them in charge (because they have the "vision"), continue growing to match GT and the like, and then sell everyone out at first chance/when the bubble bursts.
    [​IMG]
    am i understanding the use of "westernization" right?

cut and run would be my advice. never heard of 'em before, no intentions of changing that anymore than this thread already has.

13. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    Fortunately roasting is in my blood so
    Neria1/10/2019, 9:09:02 PM
    I just dont want to be bothered being credited on site as translator cuz people be msging me

...wat kind of stuck up mindset is dis .

Yul B Allwright and kenar like this.
  14. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    There has been so much shit seen in the community. I used to follow it all pretty deeply till this yearand some of last. Need a break.
    But the past is rife with examples of people using anonymity in this community to do some really crappy things. Things I would think they would never do if their face or name was attached to it. They would be persona non grata.
    Aka. Dead to all they know.

I haven't either.
    When he finishes it, or makes a formal post saying he is dropping it. Then and only then will it be added into the list of novels I have to finish.

I normally wouldnt stick to my guns like this but I think that what was done to him was so wrong I have to stick to my guns on this one. I won't even finish it on an aggregator until he formally drops.

So I think I'm gonna be waiting for awhile lol.
    I suspect they killed all of his motivation as more and more people left to read ahead since his speed was never they fastest to begin with.

15. Aster0x

Aster0x Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, 100 White Salts here.

The logs that KobatoChanDaiSuki has uploaded are not the full logs. We've posted the full logs of conversations between 1. Neria and Kobato and 2. our staff and Kobato, plus a transcript up to Mar 1 between Neria and Aster (the rest is staff stuff).

Neria is being unfairly slandered by a narrative Kobato's trying to push by controlling access to information. We think everyone should read the full logs and draw their own conclusions.

Some things of note from the chat logs:
    1. Neria came in contact w/ 100WS on February 19th which was over one month after his initial contact w/ KCDS.
    2. In that one month with KCDS, Neria translated over three chapters by himself. KCDS provided minimal support from KCDS which included light proofreading for only a portion of one chapter—and nothing else—even after Neria requested assistance.
    3. Since approaching 100WS, we have provided additional translators, rewriters, proofreaders, and artists on this project.
    4. Despite providing a nominal amount of effort to the project, KCDS demanded that we provide the final chapters to him for free as well as artwork created by 100WS’ resident artist. KCDS wanted full rights to posting on NU, claiming that not allowing him sole control of the series would “impact his image”.
    5. KCDS pushed for a merger with 100WS during several conversations.

A More Detailed Summary of Events:

Neria approached KCDS and asked to become a TL
    KCDS approved and offered a few novels to work on
    KCDS and Neria agreed to start working on SSS
    Neria had substantial difficulty in getting the chapters proofread and raws in a professional and timely manner.
    In the meantime, Neria did want to work on other novels, such as RM
    (Neria/Kobato’s chat logs)

** Note that Neria did not request any payment, only Editors and Proofreaders to assist in the translating process which were not supplied

Neria approached 100WS to translate RM (Neria/Aster0x’s chat logs)
    By the time KCDS was able to provide a long-term proofreader, 1.5 months have past and Neria had found 100WS to assist in the process.
    During this time, Neria realized 100WS has the infrastructure to support working on SSS as well
    Neria approached KCDS to approve working in tandem with 100WS, KCDS approved, and 100WS approved (Neria/Kobato’s Chat Logs, and Neria/Aster0x’s chat logs)
    Agreement: KCDS releases original ‘true’ TLs and 100WS releases ‘westernized’ chapters
    **KCDS did not supply him with raws, and Neria was forced to find his own raws of SSS

Drama:
    KCDS makes demands of 100WS to cede NU ‘turf’ ‘to KCDS and artwork created by 100WS resident artist for his own released chapters
    KCDS has not contributed to the project past chapter 1 and minimal raws, planning to act only as a platform for SSS.
    100WS resident artist requested that artwork only be posted by & for 100WS chapters

Upon review, KCDS did not supply any additional assistance to the project past Chapter 1 and made additional requests/demands of 100WS, including but not limited to: control of NU postings, artwork provided by anonymous artist, merger (with KCDS control) with 100WS.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  16. Akesato

Akesato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, what the hell happened to the cover image? Why use (make) such a low quality cover when the original one is so good? Can't use photoshop? Think the new cover is somehow better because you can't read text due to bad taste of whoever made it? WHAT IS THE REASON?! I need to unsee it
    Accidentally roasted, please pardon me as I also don't like people who don't respect good art.

17. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought everyone is allowed to translate the untranslated novels? am I missing something here?
    Just checked the series here, there are no previously released chapters before 100 something. I mean if it is not licensed, what's stopping you from translating it yourself? if 100 something being a douche, you can also release your translated chapters, NU will also list your site?

18. thedorkishguy

thedorkishguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, I read both threads. Not sure how you see this is your right.

Shame on you

19. ImmortalsCave

ImmortalsCave Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem with KCDS is that he doesn't actually translate anything himself. He relies on others to translate and generate ad revenue for a site he barely upkeeps.

20. Kii

Kii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good now we have both sides of the coin. Let the debate begin!!:blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:(goddammit why do the both of you use download links instead of screenshots give mobile users a chance:blob_teary:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.