Spoiler Rebirth of an Abandoned Woman

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Jade_xx, Jan 29, 2017.

1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he’s not worthy too. Even his friend pity her. But I don’t think we should generalize that men r selfish. People in general, do not understand things they aren’t taught. Not defending him, but has ML ever been asked or taught to try to be in someone else’s shoes. He is the young master of a rich family and is always raise with the entitlement of being above the working class; and because so he is taught that he is entitled to be arrogant. I personally think if he is a real person, he would be beware of Miss Gu’s behaviors. All the servants know, so later or sooner the wind would blow his way.

I think the biggest thing about his change of heart is that he is exposed to a different character, San Wan. All this life, he either knows his mom, his sisters, and his niece. So I guess it is understandable why he’s so blind.

But I think the eldest sister is too unreasonable. There is no way such a famous family would raise their daughter to be a snobby, greedy, lacking mannerism Eldest Miss. I think the writer fail on this part. I would like a character that is more complex and not one dimension.

eagerreadergirl likes this.
  2. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    In the second timeline, probably it would matter if she tells. But would it matter in the first time line? Probably not.

3. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t think he’s actually blind by love.

4. QBAy

QBAy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    E
    Exactly.

5. lottie

lottie I am who I am

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the cousin is more blessed than MC when it comes to everything. She has a loving aunt and cousins, and also experience luxuries, the only problem is her mom died and her father.

While MC has only her 2 brothers who love her. Both of her parents are dead. uncle and Aunt family aren't good problem and she's also isn't rich. Also experience other people ridiculing her for being shameless and trying to climb high.

Chronos5884 and mmem like this.
  6. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Huff and puff, I need to vent. I am picking up this story again at chapter 90 and I have to say, in the first timeline there is no way he doesn’t know what Miss Gu is doing. He can be quite the blockhead, but I don’t think he’s that stupid. He probably catch hint of mistreatment here and there to the MC in the first timeline, but doesn’t bother to look into it just as he distance himself from Miss Gu in the second timeline.

Life isn’t fair. Miss Gu may be sinister, so dark that she doesn’t even have empathy for MC; but Miss Gu, despite being so wicked, she reaches out for what she wants and her lifeline. MC didn’t do that in the first timeline or rather she did a poor job at that.

Chronos5884, OKDR, mmem and 2 others like this.
  7. araarq

araarq Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At that time period, what else could a woman do but scheme? Women didn’t have many rights, and generally had to get support from their families.

I get the feeling that in the first lifetime, even if MC tried to get help, she couldn’t. She couldn’t divorce, and i don’t think her family could help her. And ML’s entire family was against her. Who could she have asked for justice. I doubt that any legal system would help her.

Chronos5884, eagerreadergirl and OKDR like this.
  8. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    True. Her second brother died at sea and her first brother is entirely ruin. But if he just pay attention to her a little bit, maybe he could find her likeable; or maybe could see a little of Miss Gu’s viciousness. But would he? He still probably wouldn’t bat an eye if Miss Gu humiliate MC right in front of him in the first timeline. He would probably just See it as the love of his life venting out her angers. It is a husband duty to defend and support his wife; and because he has never seen MC as a wife it is obvious the one he would back up is Miss Gu.

9. ningle

ningle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know what happens with the second brother and the uncle's family?

10. Damshooter

Damshooter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Happy ending for second brother, sad ending for uncle's family, especially the uncle haha

mmem likes this.
  11. ningle

ningle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ooohh! details, please!!:sushi_peak::sushi_hide:

12. Damshooter

Reading List:
    Link
    -Becomes an official and returns to ask for Shi Lian's hand. ~ Marriage song plays~
    -Ended up marrying a brat for a concubine in order to try and have a son, *Cough*. I forgot what happened to that brat in the end. But after some incident, his eldest daughter ended up robbing her father from his entire possession and fled. When the uncle realized it, he became bedridden and died soon after.

13. ningle

ningle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!! That’s something for me to look forward to!!

14. candycane_whack

candycane_whack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I read in an earlier spoiler that MC at one point broke down crying and asked for the divorce, at what chapter is that? You know... If I'm not crazy and imagining things

15. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

YayYayYay
    Thank you so much for the summaries^^ It made me cant wait even more for the translation!!!!

Am sorry, one part here, I dont quite understand. Is big sister helping SW&SFJ here?
    First, big sister told her mother how cousin made SFJ like her servant and mother was angry, right?
    Then, before the last paragrapgh above, big sister told her mother 'some facts'.....??
    Did big sister has somekind of enlightenment? XDD

16. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That cousin personality is actually normal for someone who is willing to do whatever to ensure she gets everything but the best in her life.
    Nothing wrong. Especially when her life is miserable, with no mother, father is useless, and a woman in ancient is just vase.
    What is wrong, is how she hurts people purposely in order to reach her goal, and how she treats other people life, people that according to her blocking her happiness. She is not the wife yet, her attitude towards servants/people lower than her is already like that, then when she has the power, it would escalate into killing in silent to whomever that displease her.
    When you use such cruel method to ensure your own happiness, your karma is moving. And it wont justify whatever her reason/past may seem.

17. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, 2nd brother marries Shi Lian. I kinda detected that, so kinda dreading it....ugh
    And till now, I still confuse, is Shi Lian, Shi FengJu cousin (the daughter of the 2nd household) or is she his younger sister ??
    Reading so far, I get this impression, mother in law only has 2children, Shi FengJu and his elder sister.
    And iirc, there's another child too, a girl in the household. Another sister?

18. Damshooter

Reading List:
    Link
    Shi Lian is Shi Fengju's half sister. They've the same father but different mothers

19. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In ancient chinese, things like marrying a cousin to cousin is actually alright. It still boogles me...:confused::censored:
    (Like with FengJu mother's sister's daughter.......)

With Shi Lian's case, she might not have blood relations with Sang Wan, but is this okayed nowadays? Just wanna ask with you all.
    I think.....in my country FengJu's case with the cousin is defintely no no, dunno in yearssssssss back though. Shi Lian's case.....it's maybe not not-okayed and rare but if it happens there'll be talk and embarrassment within families and neighborhood imo.

Mangafreakspark likes this.
  20. Regalia1896

Regalia1896 Lady Sagittarius of the Moonlight Procrastinators

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they mean Sang Wan's 2nd brother... I mean, I would hope so...