Discussion A Response to KCDS.

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Aster0x, Apr 5, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kobatochandaisuki

kobatochandaisuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that's some funny comparison...But like I already said, I was more pissed off they lied and tried to manipulate me.
    That's what I got when I tried to get things in an amiable way.

Well anyway, I'll still continue to answer to quotes and questions but that's probably all I'll do. Eventually, this will go.

2. Heliowalton

Heliowalton Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds like youre an angry child who saw someone else with a toy they wanted lmao, I can see why you apparently get flak around here.

3. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    *sigh* That's the conclusion you get? The thought process you got through after what I said must have been really strong, m8.
    Well, think what you will, slander me if you want, I don't care. Haters gonna hate anyway.

4. Heliowalton

Heliowalton Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't hate you in any way, you just seem like a child throwing a tantrum. If you don't want to give off that impression you could consider acting in a way befitting of someone in charge of a team, though if you were capable of that I doubt any of this would be going down so oh well. You do you man.

pr337k4m4197 likes this.
  5. ahn

ahn New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy heck, this is one of the dumbest things I've ever read, but thank you it kept me entertained throughout my bus ride. :')
    Business deals fall through all the time, it's a way of life. @ kobato if you're going to behave like this every time, life's gonna be rough for you.

From the chatlog tldrs, it seems like your group provides literally no benefits to White Salt, and the deal was entirely in your favor. There is absolutely no reason for them to "share the glory" with you, when they provided all the assistance to the translator.

Is it a crummy thing to get turned on? Sure. Does it feel bad to have other people badmouth you? Definitely.

But maybe ya know, your behaviour (ie, the way you're behaving right now) is a turn off for future partners?

Other than that, I'm not sure why you're so invested in this novel in the first place, it seemed pretty hands off. Seems like it's more a personal problem that you're dragging other people in to.

6. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no idea why you are making me looked like someone who supported this translation group called 100WS which I can't even remember their name. I even said that the two are in wrong, but not for the same reason.

You see, you are mad because of the backstabbing, and I can understand that, however, it's like assuming the worst, because it's also partly your fault as the lack of communication should be one of the primary reason that drove the tler away. The 100WS group, on the other hand, could have handled this better as well. They should have checked the background of the tler and ask about the history behind the selection often novel to see if it's "clean" or not. Even the tler should also be more responsible than this, giving that he basically quit before announcing his quit to your group, which can cause problems on your end.

I'm saying that THEY are childish because they badmouth you, so you don't need to take it to heart and think too much about it.

This drama shouldn't go into public in the first place. You see, let say that you are all correct and 'clean' and won't have any problem in having it go public, however, seeing that although I might phase myself a little unclear, you still mixed some of your emotion into your posts. This would still make you look childish or angry type of person, from the outsiders perspective who never knew about you before.

Just take a deep breath and slowly reading the post, no need to get too emotional about it. I have never defended either of your group and the tler, in fact, I was pointing at their respective mistake and addressing the consequence of it. You are looking at the issue in an antagonistic way and it is bad for your reputation. You should take a step back and see in the perspective of a neutral reader instead of the head of the two clashing groups.
    No offence was taken. Everyone has a rough day and I can respect that.

Kuro_0ni, Volatile and kenar like this.
  7. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    You actually don't understand dude. I clearly stated it's not business deals that mattered. But your aim is just to divert the subject and the real concern to make me look bad. You should also read the chatlogs but then that's never gonna happen since you don't care about the facts so nevermind.

Share the glory? No. It's about sticking to the agreements and promises. But like said, you probably don't care about it either.

turned on? When you get hit, yeah you get pissed off. Are you a machine?
    Already said but I don't care about the novel anymore. You are just repeating the same repertory as the other 100WS fanatics that I have already answered. You guys are just copy-pasting the same idea all the time. I don't get why you are so invested in saying the same thing over and over when it has already been answered.

Why then be focused only the fact being badmouthed feels bad? That's not all about what I said. lol.
    Nah, you won't make me feel guilty.

First of all, thank you for your understanding. I didn't mean to personally attack you but it got so heated at that time...My apologise once again.
    Now I feel much more cool-headed although it's not going to stop me to react to the further comments I guess.

I have to disagree on the lack of communication since TL never actually said anything to me.
    If he had been honest and direct, he could've have simply told me how he felt and what he wanted. Did he? No.
    I already was clear about my situation and said I was sorry for the inconvenience. But then that's how my group worked anyway.
    If he was not satisfied with the group, then he could simply have told me and leave. But no, he didn't. At the end, it was all about a scheme. And they clearly show they've just been badmouthing me and planning a scheme instead of being honest. Is that being mature? I doubt. But people are so obssessed I've brought this into public and call me childish. Is it childish? For me, no. I just brought them in the mud they've thrown me in. I grant it was not the wisest nor the smartest thing to do but that's all that was left to me.
    What I want? Simply that people know they are not as clean as they pretend to be. I can't let that go. It's a reaction to the backstabbing: "Shit me? Shit you." And here, I don't care about images anymore. True, not smart but that's how it has been. People who care about facts will see what they need to. People who care about supporting their favs, will see and do what they want to.

People don't understand groups don't work the same ways. different philosophies, different way of living, different principles. But yeah, 100WC supporters gonna support 100WC. I don't blame them for not respecting the differencies between groups and just slander my practices but I was always open to communication and one can see on the chatlogs. But OPEN doesn't mean I'm actively looking for when nothing was being told. TL said nothing to me. Everything went background between 100WS and TL.

True my emotion was mixed but then that's the reason I published the chatlogs. If someone wanted to seen something unbiased from both camps, they could just look at the chatlogs and get to check the facts. I knew I would get emotional, that's why I offered a source that people could look into.

I understand what you are telling me but due to circumstances, it's hard to do as you advise me although it is much appreciated that you are not taking any sides and gave a POV from a step back. But yeah, things don't go the way we want, don't we? If there was ways, I would have done in another way but then yeah, this was the only way to show to the public their true face. And I dared to, even if it could end up with a double suicide.

As for the some people's opinion about me, I couldn't care less. People see what they want to, think what they want to. If all they care about is my reaction and attitude, then be it. If they think I'm childish, well then they just saw what they wanted to see + proof that they didn't look at what really happened. My initial aim was not to seek for partisans or anything like that anyway. At the end, haters gonna hate.
    But again, thank you for your advice and it's really nice of you for giving your concern about my image. I can grant you that I was angry for sure haha.

--- For further comments, I will reply on the original thread by quoting.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2019
    EienMugetsuTensho, kenar and GDLiZy like this.
  8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    The only translator that I recruited from this community, made an announcement on my website about quitting without even telling me.
    Translators do not post anything on my website anymore. I learnt from one mistake.
    Let us be honest, having translators translate, publish chapters, and manage comments ist just exploitation by the site owner.
    It is the sad reality.
    People are running a business but call it "fan translation" so they do shirk from responsibility.
    It is pretty pathetic.
    Imagine if you had to pay separately for a translator, one who publishes chapters and a third to manage comments
    or just pay the translator per hour to manage three roles.
    I hate the term fan translation because it excuses abusing labor laws.
    It is no surprise that we get all this crap on here.
    On the one hand, you have site owners trying to exploit ignorant kids who know nothing about their labor rights
    and on the other hand, you have kids with zero professional ethics.
    Being surprised that such dramas happen frequently is naive.
    If you paid the translator and treated them very well and they still leave then screw them
    With your clear conscience, you would be fine, even chatlogs will not be able to sully your reputation.
    You have some translators who are primadonnas and think they own the website but can you blame them?
    When the site owner has them essentially running the website as they translate, recruit editors, recruit proofreaders, manage comments etc.

Translators on my website have only one job and that is to translate.

PS I am adding the thread creator to my ignore list. I am not interested in seeing such drama. It is pathetic

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  9. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry, I won't comment further on the situation. I don't have enough knowledge and patient to do the digging by myself and it wouldn't be good to go in without any information las I chose the wrong side or spreading wrong rumours.

Anyway, hope you recover from this event soon and have a nice day. :blob_coffee:

kenar and Kuro_0ni like this.
  10. ahn

ahn New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Clearly you didn't understand my post.

Firstly, the tldrs were provided by someone from a neutral stance.

Secondly, I literally said this isn't about the novel and that it is more about a personal problem of yours. Which absolutely nobody gives a crap about. Keep personal and professional affairs separate.

Lastly, I already mentioned it in my post-you provided terrible terms, and neither TL or WS had any obligation to continue dealing with you.

Things like this happen all the time, it's not a big deal. You're just taking it personally and throwing a tantrum that no one is interested in seeing.

Did I ever say WS is guilt free? No.
    Is the TL guilt free? No.

But it's just business. And it seems like you're bad at it.

Ascension, Heliowalton and Wujigege like this.
  11. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    TLDR is just a short resume but until you get to read the real convo, you miss a lot of things. TLDR just gave briefly the ambiance, be the stance neutral or not. I don't think being based on TLDR is legit but nevermind.

Keep personal and professional affairs separate? The whole shit went beyong professional after what they did. What they did was nothing professional either. And we're not professionals, the things were not professionals either way. I could ask much question about their professionalism in that case. Sorry but this just won't work for this time.

Terrible terms? Like what? Where?
    There was no terms pushed on TL, to begin with.
    Only agreements that have never been respected. But you haven't read the chatlog so you don't know it.
    You say they had no obligations towards me, then why are you shoving me about obligations? Seems like double standards.

It's not just business. But like said, you haven't read the actual convo so it's just business for you. Btw, this was nothing like a real business. You apply a wrong notion to a wrong situation imo. And moreover, you probably don't know what businesses are like.
    They did not start things in a business way either way.

And what if I take it personally? It's something that happened to me personally. Why are you telling me what is personal and what is not?
    If they didn't lie to me and were honest from the very beginning, I would be cool. If someone wants to leave, be it then. But once you get to scheme me, that's personal.

hammer, Causal Reader and Volatile like this.
  12. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is why translator should not join kobatochandaisuki, he provide minimum amount of help but give you maximum amount of drama :blobokhand:

pr337k4m4197, Helaine and SlimIcee like this.
  13. Causal Reader

Causal Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You already got my vote, prefer the straight shooters over the schemers, oh try to calm down. Plz!

14. momonga143

momonga143 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not really the problem of the novel being stolen since this is a virgin novel that no has translated this far except for this guy(translator of current release). The problem here is that the translator is a socially impared human who is making a mess in this world(novel translations).

15. momonga143

Reading List:
    Link
    Just hope those translators aint aocially impaired like this guy in this drama...

16. ahn

ahn New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll restate this one more time.

You being upset is nobody's business but yours. It doesn't make White Salt's actions any more or less bad, or your rage any more or less justified. It is irrelevant, and meaningless for you to spread such pointless drama on a public forum. There is absolutely no point in creating threads pointing fingers. Events transpired. All parties involved were guilty to some degree, grow up and get over it.

I am not defending White Salt. You being angry is okay. But starting some pointless drama over something insignificant is d u m b.

And as for terms, I'm referring to your deal with WS that involved posting rights, use of artwork, etc. Since your group provided inadequate support for the TL, was provided support by WS, and the TL himself wanted to swap, your group really has no rights to complain. Your group literally provided no benefits and I don't see why they should have bothered working with you in the first place.

Neither you nor WS signed any contract in regards to any terms or agreements and neither of you are obligated to uphold any form of contract. They merely decided to break communication with you and terminate any plans you discussed. In terms of translating SSS, it seems like the TL and WS was more involved in releasing chapters than you were in the first place.

And I'll say this once again- no one did anything wrong. It could have been handled better definitely, but nothing seems extraordinary, nor big enough a deal for you to throw a fit, involve the community, and get the entire release cancelled.

17. momonga143

Reading List:
    Link
    No one was getting stood up tho... neria is socially impaired and just runs his mouths agaisnt peoples back... the last reply of 100ws to kobato made me think so since they said that neria left kobato after 1 month being with them....

But no such thig happened since this neria guy didint say anything about that even after 1 and a half months on being with kobato... also if neria already left 1 month in, why thel hell would he or she propose for those two teams to merge??? Or work together on her work??? Thays just make everything more messed up.
    This just implies that 100ws is coverig things up for the said translatoe since this person has very low social skills in this thigs.

kobatochandaisuki likes this.
  18. momonga143

Reading List:
    Link
    No one did anything wrong? I beg to differ since all this mess came from this translator itself. 100ws says she quit after 1 month being with kobato but no said notice was actually been made. Then and 1 and 1/2 being with kobato this translator just proposed working with 100ws to kobato sayibg they should merge??? The hell that translator thinking of making things more messed up...

19. momonga143

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn... been reading them threads for more than 3 hours now....
    All i can say is...
    No hosting sites are at fault...
    The one at fault is the translators itself since this person doesnt even know how to talk people face to face and just backtalks them... all neria did so far was complain to 100ws how he 1 man army translating ever since joining kobato with given any help since after 1 chapter being proof read. This person doesnt have any patience for someone qho translates for free... tuis person said that he or she would like to join kobato in translating stuff for free and he or she need someone to proofread it... and i bet he or she knew kobato can hardly help her since he is busy alot. But gotten help by kobato by giving him or her an actual available series to translate not like how he or she plans on stealing someone elses project.
    She didint even say anything except for that 1 time of asking for someone to peoof read his work... kobato only found someone after 1 and 1/2 month later but kobato never knew that this neria person already change group without any warning or notice to kobato at all. Thats just plain backstabbed. Breaking trust left and right... also who said anything about neria 1 man armying the translation? It was actually verified that he or she should just go with his or her own pace. Now she badmouths kobato for slavig him or her away? Thats really two face of neria.

20. Kii

Kii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a feeling you either did not read the chat logs closely, or treated my TLDR as the entire truth, which is not advisable.
    Neria was getting stood up from his end of the deal in not receiving the adequate support he was promised. all he fucked up was not mentioning this oversight from kobato more than once.

He did not propose a merger. He propose bringing in a "team" which was 100 white salts, to provide assistance to his translation work. The way he worded this was a fuckup. I won't deny that.

I shall again say what @ahn just said, as well as what I have said in previous comments.
    no one did anything wrong. It could have been handled better definitely, but nobody did anything wrong.

pr337k4m4197 and SlimIcee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.