Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd always imagined Van appearing on Origin as something like this:
    [​IMG]

But since this is Japan, sure we could get something trappish:
    [​IMG]

Nimitz, Bla8bla, hillo315 and 6 others like this.
  2. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van is getting ready for a field-trip to Origin.

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  3. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's van starting the campfire for all his little abominations to tell stories around before going to bed.

Everything else would go insane though, but at least the kids will be happy.

Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.
  4. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    swap the clothes with Sheogoraths from Skyrim and you are good to go. if you are called insane, you should look that way too.

Bla8bla, jubjub3000 and hillo315 like this.
  5. RichardNova

RichardNova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My guess is that the world that not anyone is allowed to enter is one of van's slots of in world body. However, he can't change the physical laws of lambda to origin. Vida's ressurection device wich is right over there with magical circles only works within lambda physical laws after all. Vida "improved" device must be one that will correctly ressuracte them and others without erros (no "meat people" like legion or undeasided like zakkart)

I believe van is preparing himself in case some of reincarnators that he gave his divine protection may happen to die during conflicts, meanwhile, cases like metamorph, she may not be able to live freely in origin anymore and she might have agreed to go to Vander s world after talk to him in her dreams.

About the "space suits" of DKs in the world body i think they are like this because van don t want those who reincarnate there to get scared or panicking after seeing demon kings grotesque/bizarre appearence.

Last, the city origin design inside this slot of van skill must be due to consideration towards the reincarnators who always have been used to origin life style and culture.

It will put less burden in their and minds staying in a familiar place while their receive a full explanation of what is really happenning, about all their seconds and third lifes issues as well digest all information and get used to their new bodies and status safetly.

Suddenly be transfered (reincarnated) into another magical middle aged world with rpg features and a country full of undeads, monsters, fantasy (and nightmare) like races and many other absurds things been show before their eyes all out of the blue would be pretty much shocking and disturbing after all...

Well, the others ideas are all reasonable. But i bet in those ones. Lets wait and see ~~:blobmelt::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn_cool:

6. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Nerd Glasses up*

Technically, the Anguished One is genderless since they are more or less a part of the delete program used by the Big Bad in DeSu 2. Then again, I am pretty sure the character designer made them male like was to pacify fuyoshi horde outside their office...

7. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just remembered that this will be the first time Van will be able to see the sights in Origin.

jubjub3000 and hillo315 like this.
  8. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    They already suprehuman though at least acording to past chapter.

jubjub3000 and hillo315 like this.
  9. Szmiiit

Szmiiit Lightweavers' Hemalurgist

Reading List:
    Link
    After seeing the theory that the secound body is Undead, I created follow up theory, but because for quite some time I'm trying to make myself to wirte, I decided to post that theory as a nano-fanfic.

---------------------------------------------
    Never stare into eyes of the Undead

In the centre of the room there is a humanoid creature submerged in a capsule. The possible answer to all of the need for death magic. When Metamorph first seemed to have acquired complete death attribute magic we tried to create this and we actually succeded! Corpse reconstruction used on body of D-01 was complete, and after a lot of hard work we managed to restart the hearth, and most of the tissue came back to life. Of course creature isn't alive. Nobody bothered to fix nervous system and brain - we have proven that neither is neccesarry to tap into power of a subject. While it was debatable wheather a body without soul can use magic, we belive that if we pump enough of death atributte mana something will awaken. But that is not something to hurry too much, after all we wouldn't want repeat of Undead's escape, would we? Either way there is no mana pumped into it. It is just a normal corpse, despite having likeness of the most influental beeing in history. Just empty husk of a human beeing looking into emptness...?
    Why...
    Why is it looking at me...?
    I just can not look away from those eyes. They seem so bland so blank, and yet it feels as if something incomprehensible was hidden deep deep beneth them. I can't breath, I feel like I'm beeing crushed wy enormous pressure of depth. I don't think anybody noticed, I feel like I should warn them but I just can't. For some reason image of mice beeing frozen at sight of snake comes to my mind.
    The corpse moves it's hand and puts it's pointing finger on glass wall of the capsule. Its fingernail gets longer and sharper like an anlmals claw. It starts slowly moving around the surface cutting it silently better than you could ever do with diamond. The complete lack of sound that thanks is most terryfing. Why can't anybody just look there for a moment! Openning appeared but Corpse doesn't move at all. I can smell something sweet, calming. I finally feel at peace, and that nightmare doesn't bother me anymore. Corpse waits a few more secound, and finnally leaves the capsule. People finally look at there, bet they don't seem to care any more than me. Are they charmed too? Strands of silk shoot out of that beeing's naked body covering him, and them taking shape of an elegant suit. It stares at me with a blank face.
    "I suppose I should thank you for looking at me so diligently, without that I couldn't have reclaimed my old body. However I don't really feel any sympathy toward you or any of your colegues."
    After beeing spoke thoose words, several tentalces shot out of it's back and one of them has burried itself in my brain through ear. There is one for everyone of us. I really am seeing my whole life in front of my eyes, but for some reason everything connected to Avalon seem sharper than other memories.
    Suddenly I stand beside my body and look at the beeing's face. Finally! I understand our mistake! Why were we trying to create a god of death while one already exists!

The skill Van used to appear was Root, just like when in Alda's dungeon there was image of him.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    Leekt222, hillo315, ssj4maiko and 5 others like this.
  10. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the compliment, as @anteopta said, I was the one who wrote both those fan fics. I have not posted them to any fan fiction site since they utilize a lot of material that is RAW spoiler and also assumes a lot of knowledge of the Death Mage series.

I have not really had time to spare to continue the fan fics since I have been trying to get my own completely original series off the ground.
    https://www.scribblehub.com/series/16995/second-life-as-the-sister-of-a-goddess/
    I have just recently started monetizing that series, and am wanting to put a bit more effort into it to set up rewards and otherwise promote it a bit more. New information has shown my Van meets Amemiya bit is probably not how it's going to happen, but I might consider continuing the Overlord crossover at some point after I have everything moving with my original series.

HOLY freaking CRAP! I did not even think of that! The little mini fan-fic itself could use a little cleaning up, but you noticed something brilliant there that I do not think anyone else here was even talking about, and based your whole fan fic off of it. That's fantastic stuff, exactly the way a fan fiction writer should be thinking. Best part is, it might even happen.

So... yeah! That little fetus Avalon is cultivating in an incubator. When he looked at it, he was saying something or other about needing the real original undead in order to continue and push his experiments farther. I bet that fetus is a clone of D-01 made from cells they recovered and harvested from his body. It was just tossed in there, but that is just too big a thing to be a throw-away line.

If it's still a fetus, it is NOT going to be born in time to participate in what's about to happen. As such, there is only one thing that could possibly fire this doozy of a Checkov's gun, and that's for Van to somehow manifest a division of his soul into it. I can see one of two possibilities.

1. Just as @Szmiiit said, having a clone of him being grown could trigger his [Root] skill as soon as the fetus reaches the age where it's supposed to receive a soul. Once this happens, he would be able to use DK parts in order to become mobile.

2. After Banda takes Mei to Van's inner world, rather than getting a free trip back to Van he gets automatically transferred to possess Metamorph since she has a piece of his soul which she recieved during her dreams. At this point, he winds up being able to sense what that clone is and is able to possess it since it is the original vessel of his main soul after all.

Either way, this grants him the ability to move about freely in Origin. Afterward, again, we have two possibilities. 1. He has the D-01 clone body stick around in Origin and gets a little more involved there. 2. He transfers his clone to Lamba using the exact same methods he's planning to use on Mei, and now all of a sudden Van has 2 living bodies that are both his.

(My money's on the second one. I can totally see Van doing that.)

Personally, I'm rooting for scenario 2 on both counts. If this happens, Banda will no longer be a copy of Van destined to return to the main soul. Instead, Banda will become Van's real first child born completely asexually from a fragment of his soul. (Or, Van X Mei shippers could call it a child between Van and Mei... I just know I'm going to regret throwing that one out there.)

Bla8bla, hillo315, Nimitz and 2 others like this.
  11. Szmiiit

Szmiiit Lightweavers' Hemalurgist

Reading List:
    Link
    If you have any advice I'll gladly take it. This the first time I've shown anybody what I've written.

Bla8bla, jubjub3000 and hillo315 like this.
  12. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, well, I don't want to turn this thread into a writing lesson so I will PM you to go over it in a bit. I like where this is going, so it might even be fun to re-post the whole fan-fic once all the edits are done and it is in a more well-written state. (Just so nobody is confused, I'm talking Szmiiit being the one to re-post it, not me.)

jubjub3000, hillo315 and Szmiiit like this.
  13. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    Now I got some time, so I want to throw out some ideas, but also collect what is confirmed info and what we just suppose as true.

1. The physics are different, and a physical body from one world will not work in another world, they will most like die, not to say be destroyed, this is not only true for living beings, but also for objects, and magic. This also would apply to Demi-gods, who survive by having a physical and material body.
    2. Considering the above statement, we can reach the logical statement that it's impossible for someone to have a body that works in 2 or more worlds, as long as that thing is composed of matter, doesn't matter how all powerful the entity is, it will be destroyed. The only exception are souls, which seems to be multi-universal.
    3. Banda is surviving in Origin because he doesn't have a physical body, Banda is only a fragment of Vandalieu's soul, and things like Materialization are mere abilities (and if we try to go scientific, it would use the current place physics, so even if Banda materializes, it would go with Origin rules rather than Lambda, this explanation could be wrong, but it's not important, we know for a fact that Materialization works.)
    4. When a reincarnator dies their soul goes straight to Rod as long as it's connected to him. Gazer is pretty much the only exception and that's only thanks to Zuruwarn and Gods of Origin acting together, Ricklent helped later.
    5. Vida's broken Reincarnation device was able to use Darcia's fragment to create meat based on the fragments owner, I guess we could say it's cloned, just without any soul, it shouldn't be able to create meat without some sort of pre-existant info.
    6. To escape from Rodcorte, it seems a guided soul will be out of his reach, Van shouldn't know the specifics, but should have understood from Hitomi and Kanako losing Rod's blessings.
    7. We know that the first 7 champions had their body reformed to support Lambda, but we don't know the process and/or limitations of this process, a mere divine protection of a local god may not be the whole process for such conversion. Similar to how Vida rejuvenated Zakkart, it's possible such rituals would also apply the conversion. Van may not be able to do such things (yet?).
    8. Clones shouldn't have souls, so has Origin been able to create them? I can't remember, but by that logic, clones shouldn't work at all. But we do have Homunculus in Lambda, although not much info on how they work either. If I were to guess, it's a programmed living dead of sorts, if anyone has read Smartphone (or watched the anime), you may remember the Teddy Bear Paula which has so many simple programmings done on her over a long time that she is now very life like.
    9. Attributes are part of the soul, if a body has no soul it should not be able to use Magic. A clone should be useless on attribute studies.
    1. The inner world is using Origin's physics, how he was able to reproduce it is a mystery, but we can just go with "he can".
    2. The demon king workers are using a suit on themselves, there is the idea that they are just hiding their hideous form, but my other take is that they are made out of "Lambda matter", and would instantly die in this environment. Van must have created something (I would guess with DK materials, considering DK was able to survive coming from his world to Lambda) that would allow his workers to survive and work.
    3. To properly move anyone from Origin to Lambda they will NEED to change bodies. Hence the meat. Who will be moved is still a mystery, and Van could simply be preparing this world for a long term process, if not now, then it could be years later or any time he decides Mei or someone else should come.
    4. If friendly reincarnators die, they will go to Rodcorte, so take them inside this world where they can live temporarily, and guide them similar to Kanako. Once guided, Van can move their souls to a new body. How to find out when they are guided if they are outside the system? That's details and can be confirmed on the act.
    5. The reincarnation device seems to have been fixed or reformed to work in this origin based environment, the magic circle would make a temporary place where even the meat would not be destroyed in this origin environment, hence once someone is pseudo-reincarnated, they can leave to Lambda.
    6. Whose body was replicated into meat? We know Legions uses Darcia's body, the meat should be individuals, so we won't get another Legion, but you gotta wonder how they are gonna look like once they "reincarnate"
    So my take is that this will be a temporary home for guidance related rituals and save some people. Who? When? Don't know.
    ----------------

1. Mari seems to be planning something, some sort of vengeance.
    2. It's supposed that from this experiment Avalon could doom half the world instantly, and the later half much later.
    3. What was that about Banda entering her shadow to stop Avalon in case he tried any funny thing?
    4. Going way back. How did Avalon knew that upon opening Pluto's body the whole building would be death misted? Sure he could have read the documents, but would he dispose of such a precious material? What if he actually had something similar? Like a clone of her or the undead, as such that body was insignificant?
    As Sebas suggested, Mari could try to create a death bomb similar to Pluto, she should know that happened before, the problem with that is that Mari should not have had the same time Pluto had to accumulate all that Death, and even if she is a proper Death Mage now, it should be impossible for her to accumulate such a thing, perhaps she is preparing something with this body, which then could be the bomb that would doom origin.

Another possibility for the entity inside the capsule... A captured braver? Considering the options we have, the one that would make the biggest plot twist while still possible would be... Narumi. Amemiya's fortune would allow him to win against everyone, but Narumi shouldn't have the same luck. Plus, Narumi could then be turned into a death mage similar to Mari (Hohohohoho). Other reincarnators are just not as interesting.
    -------------

1. Avalon announced the operation to destroy the organization known as Bravers. He isolated many problematic bravers and will deal with them properly, however, we are not sure if he intends to kill them, or simply drug them like Mari. He was forced to kill Ulrica because Banda was there, and it was too dangerous dealing with a strong cheat user and an unknown entity at the same time.
    2. If anyone survives, he/they will probably be targeted by the rest of the world, which will lead to many killings under Amemiya. I would say he would most likely commit suicide under such circumstances.
    3. Van will not take Mei if he decides she can still be happy in this world after dealing with the Avalon problem, however, this would also mean the parents would need to survive. Amemiya Hiroto is most likely to get that, but Narumi is something else. As explained in the previous hypothesis.
    4. Who will survive from Bravers in this whole situation: The possibilities are:
    • No one: All Bravers will be gone from Origin. Banda will save some and get them into his inner world. The others will go to rod. The ones with Avalon will have a fear of Van inscribed in their souls and even after brainwashed they will refuse to attack. There may be reincarnators who were killed and were not with Avalon though. In this case, Mei and Hiroshi would most likely come to Lambda too.
    • Amemiya alone will survive: Everyone will be either victims of Avalon, including Narumi, Amemiya alone will be the survivor because of his fortune. Whatever happens with the others, Amemiya will now live in hell: Not only Bravers cause so many acts of terrorism killing themselves around the world, in the end all was a plot on studying the thing that they themselves advocated against, and now Amemiya is alone. His shield is gone. Under such circumstance, Banda would most likely consider that Mei and Hiroshi can't be happy in this world anymore, and after revealing himself to Amemiya, he will take the children with him to Lambda. Amemiya's reaction should be positive once he hears the story, since his children won't end up being more victims of his cursed life.
    • A good number will survive: Considering Avalon's plans is involving all the remaining Bravers, the chance for someone surviving because they were unrelated to the whole situation is pretty much null. That would lead to Origin chapters to remain existing, although without with little to no influence on Lambda's plot. Amemiya would surely survive, but in regards to others, it could be anyone being either dead or alive. too much possibilities to consider in a branch that is hardly the one to be selected

I placed everything into spoilers to avoid a huge wall of text...

Edit: To add a little extra on why I think Narumi could have already been taken?
    • Narumi is the one whose weakness is the most exploited by every Braver. Everyone knows how to hide things from her.
    • Her special ability is support, she is not an attacker.
    • Avalon said he has most things necessary to his objective, what is his objective? To be at the top. Who is at the top? Amemiya Hiroto. How to deal with him? A hostage, plus, she works as another death mage battery like Mari.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  14. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    There is also the chance he'll absorb the clone/cells and gain a 'growth spurt' (not physically, but experience/attribute-wise (but not explosively) since both A. experience cannot be crossed over from Puny God's curse and B. Van crushed a chunk of said curse).

Wouldn't be surprised if Van's clone/cells start to react to Van's presence on Origin (be it physically or telepathically/spiritually) and will try to reach out to him at this point (he hasn't been on Origin physically, but did go to see Mei, the first true-born DA child).

15. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    officially , the name is Vida Resurection device, it's probaly already fixed by Vida so the device probaly can re-create body.
    For detail this is the link
    https://lightnovelbastion.com/novel/death-mage/volume-2/chapter-30/
    I wonder if Narumi work alone this time. Like what you write she support type but is there any idiot who let Support type work alone?.
    Edit : isn't Rikudo objective is to become god?

「Death-attribute magic is capable of absorbing energy, including Mana, to extinguish it. So if the Mana that makes up the curse is extinguished, the curse can be removed.」(Vandalieu)
    Valor cheat is normal for Van

16. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmm... A glorious new chapter! This one is one of my favorites.

This reminds me of when The Doctor defeated House.

House: "Fear me. I've killed hundreds of Time Lords."
    Doctor: "Fear me. I've killed all of them."

Badass.

Why not both? :V

You impressed jemini-senpai? Well done. You win an Internet Cookie. Please find $1000 in forum money, free to collect. You may pass go.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    Bla8bla and Claus like this.
  17. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course Narumi wouldn't work alone, just like Druid got caught up with work, and then Balor was sent to cover him in taking care of the children. Do you find any problem in this management?

Do you understand now? The one sending people on missions is Avalon, Narumi won't work alone, sure she could ask to go with her husband, but if they are trying to be super heroes, Amemiya should be more than enough alone, and she is sent with other bravers to another sort of problem, and then, some if not all of these other bravers are traitors.

The idea of becoming god is what one of the subordinates thinks of, Avalon could be very well looking into that, but the point remains that being a god would also being the most powerful. Sure, he also wants true immortality, but the immortality is on it's way with Mei, so why not deal with the other problem already?

Bla8bla, Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  18. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Osoi

hillo315 likes this.
  19. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    That was an announcement that I read the chapter, not that the chapter just came out. I'm busy, not slow.

Nakakure likes this.
  20. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm... didn't rod say something about avalons plan are goning to destroy the world? and he belives that van wants to turn Origin in undeads. if that in the capsul is a clone of D-01, that would give Banda a body to move around friely in Origin and in rods belive that would be the end of it. wait, that means he predicted Szmiiit theory!!!
    wait, doesn't that mean rod was smart????:blobunsure::blobunsure::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::blobdizzy::blobdizzy:

another even worse idea would be that the part of vans soul that mari has possesses the body, then we have two van in origin

now that mei is learning telepathy, could she tell van to take her parents with them, when they go to lamda??:blobthinkingsmirk::blobthinkingsmirk:

Bla8bla, jemini and hillo315 like this.