Discussion (Results Available) Who do you marry? [Fun with scenarios]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Moonpearl, Apr 7, 2019.

?

Which suitor would you pick?

1. The Dragon

21 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. The (Future) World King

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    (Disclaimer: This is not a thread to express your thoughts on gender and sexuality. Take what I tell you here for granted for the benefit of this scenario.)

Time for another fun scenario~! This time it's not just a yes/no (only the poll is), so you can use problem solving if you're not satisfied. Don't just make stuff up, though... Ask me questions if you want more information about "your" situation.

This time, I have to give you a character...

(If you just want to pick between A and B and don't want to read a lot, read your character's TL;DR and all the bulletpoints for the Dragon and the (Future) World King. They should be enough to make your choice.
    If you don't like either choice or you want a harder challenge, you can read the rest of the text for context. There should be plenty there to allow you to invent other options for yourself.)
    (EDIT: I've also broken up the bulletpoints so you can read them in chunks. Hopefully it hurts your eyes less.)

Who You Are:
    In a medieval fantasy world, you are the queen of a small country. You rule alone, unmarried, as the sole remaining member of your lineage. You do, however, have one major secret: you are not the original princess, but her illegitimate "brother", born to a blacksmith's daughter at the same time.
    The original princess was a very lazy and arrogant girl. When she learned she had a secret sibling and saw that your features were so similar to hers, she bullied you into becoming her body double so she could use you to skip lessons and social events. When you were both sixteen, the king and queen went missing. Your sister insisted on going on a journey to look for them and, of course, she left you as her substitute, aided and protected by her six ladies-in-waiting.
    She claimed she'd be gone a few months at most. Predictably, she never came back. You were crowned queen at 18 and have been ruling for many years now.
    You would have been crowned ruler regardless as, for some sinister and unknown reason, everyone in your lineage - from foreign royals to the countless illegitimate children your father left scattered across the land - has been meeting an untimely end for the past several centuries. With the disappearance of your sister, you are the very last heir. You are also bigender - identifying as both a man and a woman - so ruling as king or queen doesn't matter to you. These facts mean nothing to your people, however, and you will likely be lynched if it's ever discovered that you aren't your sister.

As it is right now, your country adores you. You rule well and wisely, and have just managed to see them safely through a famine with next to no suffering. Many men have come seeking your hand in marriage, and you've had to reject them all. This has built up quite a reputation for you. The more men you reject, the more you're viewed as a prize that's difficult to win, and the more people exaggerate your beauty. You are currently hailed as one of the most beautiful women in the world, "more beautiful than a thousand sunsets", and praised for your wisdom, your modesty, your chastity, your domesticated femininity... A completely inaccurate picture of you, but it serves a helpful purpose sometimes.
    Unfortunately that means that you've been courted by almost every man in the world, too. The world's richest kings have come seeking your hand in marriage, and you've had to reject them all. You've also been "treated" to their tantrums when they don't get what they want. (Think full-on SheRatesDogs moments, but without a screen between you.) You've been attacked with rape attempts several times, but luckily you're pretty strong and you've always managed to throw them out on their asses.

But your nobles are very angry. Women marry young in this world and, in their eyes, you're already nearly a spinster, with your biological clock ticking away every second. Your country has also been punished by some of the men you've refused, who have pettily refused to trade with you.
    Your bloodline is also needed to guard a spell that oversees the banishment of the elves to a different plane. Most people think elves are a fairytale at this point, but... They're not.

TL;DR: A bigender, assigned-male-at-birth queen who has to pretend to be a cis woman or else there will be riots. People are very angry that you haven't married yet despite receiving offers from just about every sort of man. You are, against your will, hyped up as one of the world's "god-like beauties".

The Situation:
    Obviously you're not able to just marry a man and produce a child. You only like men, so you can't simply disguise a woman and use that route either. And finding a man who could otherwise bear children with you is... Well, pretty much impossible in these times.
    But, you're in luck! The King of Elves himself has turned up at your door, claiming that you're part of a prophecy to help crown the King of the World. It will involve going on a journey with the rest of the assembled party and facing a little danger, but those who help will all receive one miracle of their choosing as a reward - so long as what you ask for doesn't overpower the World King. The Elven King is an oracle who is known to deceive people he dislikes and lead them to a horrible death, but he can't lie about his prophecies. He also shouldn't have any reason to come all this way just to kill you all. You've had no chance to upset him in your lifetime.
    Your current intention is therefore to use your miracle to have children with a man.

And as it is, two members of your party are currently courting you.

The Dragon:
    • This man is a shapeshifting dragon who's about your age. He was raised by his father in his lair and only came out because said father went missing. He was then recruited into the party. As a result, he's pretty "sheltered".
    • His appearance can only be described as "sexy", in a dark, evil sort of way. He looks like the sort of guy who should be plotting to take over the world. He also looks like the sort of guy who would still have a harem of women fighting over him.
    • Personality-wise, he comes across as pretty sinister at first. Like most dragons, he's violent, arrogant, and you literally had to teach him the meaning of "honour". He still doesn't understand it. They believe that might makes right and in avenging yourself, in an "both eyes for an eye, your entire bottom jaw for a tooth" kind of way. He thinks humans are inferior, and he's generally lazy. He's bold and certainly not shy about anything, but he's kind of a dork sometimes.

• He originally approached you to try and blackmail you into going with them. You expected he'd come to do much worse so, when you heard that, you couldn't help but be relieved and it was difficult to be frightened. You ended up talking instead.
    • Strangely, the two of you get along like a house on fire. He was impressed by your "bravery", and it's the first time in years that you've been able to have an intelligent conversation with another man with no flattery involved.
    • He's not interested in you because of your beauty. In the very first conversation you ever had, he plainly told you that he definitely thinks sunsets are more beautiful than you and he doesn't get what all the fuss is.
    • He's also not interested in you because he wants to become king. He has no need for a country of stupid humans, so he's happy to be a powerless consort and look after the children while you go rule.

• Dragons are very practical about their mates. As long as you don't hate each other, you're strong and you can bear children, it's acceptable. He's willing to compromise on the "strong" bit for you, since you're, well... Kind of fragile in his eyes.
    • He's also willing to mate with you for life, which is very unusual for a dragon.
    • He basically wants an amicable relationship that produces plenty of children, and somewhere to store his hoard. Whatever else you give him is just a bonus.
    • He knows your secret and doesn't care. He's currently helping you to protect it.
    • There's obviously a lot of culture clash, and he doesn't understand or have much patience for the customs of human nobility.
    • Dragons are a lawless and violent race, but they're surprisingly progressive compared to humans at this time. They don't think of women as being weaker unless they actually are, they don't even have the concept of maidenhood, and they absolutely do not think they have the right to beat and rape their mates.

• He comes with a hoard of treasure. If he doesn't inherit one from his probably-dead dad, he'll make one himself.
    • He's not dazzled by your false image, but he's definitely besotted with you.
    • Being a shapeshifter makes it only slightly better that you're marrying a dragon. Expect people to be outraged and to oppose you.

The (Future) World King:
    • He's a seventeen year old human and, until very recently, was a peasant orphan abandoned from birth in some tiny village in a neighbouring country. If you all succeed in your quest, he will be crowned King of the World - essentially God, if you're understanding the Elf King right.
    • He's handsome in a "fit guy-next-door" kind of way. He's strong, but he makes himself look small and weak because he's always try to shrink himself to avoid notice.
    • He's been the punching bag of his village for his entire life, and he has no courage and absolutely no self-confidence. He still suspects that this entire quest is just an elaborate prank. He's sweet and well-meaning, though.

• He can't read or write, and his knowledge of maths is very basic. He doesn't even know how to use the sword he'd been given.
    • He's really, err... Innocent? Your ladies made an innuendo and he not only needed you to explain it to him, but he looked like he'd cry because of it.
    • His life ambition is to marry a nice girl and a have a traditional, happy family, preferably in a cottage somewhere. He's getting a castle and the whole world whether he likes it or not, though.
    • He doesn't know your secret and you have no idea how he'll react to it. Most humans condemn same-sex relations as a sin.
    • He doesn't seem inclined to hurt anyone, and you could easily fight him off as he is right now. The World King is also supposed to be a benevolent ruler, charged with protecting the world and ushering in an era of peace and righteousness. He wouldn't be a very good king candidate if he was going to attack his spouse.

• To be honest, he's a lot like you were before you found your feet as queen. The Elf King is confident that he'll come into his own. You have no idea what that's going to look like, though.
    • He's dazzled by you because you're the first pretty woman to ever be nice to him. (The priestess doesn't count because she played a large part in arranging this quest, so he's suspicious that she's actually trying to kill him.) He almost definitely puts you on a pedestal right now.
    • Marrying him would make you Queen Consort of the World, and bring with it whatever duties and problems come with the role. He also might not have the time to help you much with your own country.
    • You promised him you'd ask the dragon to stop bullying him. You're pretty sure that the Elf King is bullying him too, but he hasn't noticed yet.

The other members of your party are the immortal female priest who guarded the sword the World King is now using and a water spirit who has the form and mind of a little girl.

So, what would you do?

(I might post the results of choosing one of the two in a week or two, depending.)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    Nyann and Scheherazade like this.
  2. Cascadian Rex

Cascadian Rex Villain with a thousand faces | Lychee's rival

Reading List:
    Link
    Argh too long... I got as far as the dragon...

LetheanDragon and grish99 like this.
  3. grish99

grish99 [Pelican Hater] [Hater of Face-Slapping]

Reading List:
    Link
    my biggest question is:
    why do yuri....fanatic talk about straight marriage?
    is this some roundway to making yuri novel when FL suppose to mary the less popular guy and... yada yada yuri?
    (Im not realy creative today)

4. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool: reply here for popcorn

Moonpearl likes this.
  5. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Going with Dragon, Future King seems annoying

Moonpearl likes this.
  6. BlackKnightGodzilla

BlackKnightGodzilla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn: Same

Moonpearl and prongsjiisan like this.
  7. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    Dragon....

the Future King is more like brother to me
    marrying him also led to more problems...he also doesn't know my secret...this is kind of dead end for me...

the purpose of this marriage is to shut those ministers and those who i rejected out...i rule my kingdom just fine, don't need to add another problem tbh

Moonpearl likes this.
  8. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    i hate all choices none of this makes sense....why would the king crossdress as the queen? how does noone know this fact?, is both of those 2 "courters" gonna be ok with the trap actually being a guy?, why cant he just adopt a sucessor?

9. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Because liking yuri doesn't mean I can't enjoy other things? And this isn't really a "straight" relationship.

Marrying the dragon won't necessarily make your ministers shut up. They're going to hate him and fight against him and your marriage every step of the way.

Did you read all the information? I covered all of this.

The queen is bigender, identifying as both a man and a woman. She was pretending to be her sister, the legitimate heir and a cisgender girl, when she was crowned. In the eyes of the world, the Crown Princess never ran away and has become Queen now. The illegitimate child (who was never actually acknowledged) is the missing one. The queen's rule depends upon this secret never being found out.
    The secret is carefully guarded by her and her ladies-in-waiting.

An heir is needed because the queen's bloodline is vital to a magic spell, and therefore must be revived so that they can guard it.

And the fact that one of the suitors might not be okay with it (although he might also be - he's untested as of yet) is an important part of the choice. The dragon already knows and is perfectly okay with the whole situation.

If you're not satisfied with the two suitors, you can find another way out, like I said. Only the poll forces you to choose one or the other (or any). Here, on the thread, you can try to find a better way.

10. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was reading, I saw you linked to a twitter account. Was expecting something similar to WeRateDogs, clicked on it expecting cute dog pics only to see disappointment :(

Moonpearl likes this.
  11. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Disappointment, but comedy gold, right?

Hey, I should be the one eating popcorn! You should be the entertainment here~! Quickly choose and explain your choice. :blobpeek:

12. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh I didnt read anything more then the brief tl:dr piece for the human.
    That being said, I identity as a Male and have a hard time thinking otherwise. However if the rules were reversed and I had to choose between a female elf and dragon, I think I would go with the elf.

The choice difficult as they both have pros and cons. But I determined that the creature comforts and campatibility of the elves were likely higher then those of the dragon, also I didn't need to fear being accidentally stepped on or eaten by the mother or our child at some point.

Likely not what you were looking for, but I was bored and wanted to participate.

13. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    The other choice isn't an elf. He's just a human. Trying to marry the elf king would be... Interesting, to say the least. Ill-advised given the fate of your ancestor who tried to do the same.

You'll be staying in your own castle, so you don't need to worry about what they can provide in terms of that. And the dragon is a shapeshifter.
    It comes down to their personalities and what you gain in terms of power and material wealth.

14. Miserys_End

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh... No think you missed my point. The other party must be female. Be it just one or multiple, I will only share my bed with women. I know your proclivities, so I'll just say it upfront. I wont take a Male of any race to bed for any reason, and doubt even a futanari would be welcome(exceptions can be made, but unlikely)

15. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I got that. But even so, you'd be marrying a human woman, not the Elf "Queen". If you want to play by changing the genders in your mind, go ahead... Although you're going to run into the problem that this scenario hinges on the fact that you can't produce a baby with your preferred gender at this time.

EDIT: And also that, as a woman, you're severely disadvantaged.

This is less about your own personal tastes and more about thinking as the character/using your brain to make a good choice or think around the options.

16. BlackKnightGodzilla

BlackKnightGodzilla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dragon then

Moonpearl likes this.
  17. Miserys_End

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, totally for the personal tastes angle.

18. susanty.smile

Reading List:
    Link
    hm....i still prefer the dragon tho...

the Future King has two main point, that i find unsuitable for me
    • He can't read or write, and his knowledge of maths is very basic. He doesn't even know how to use the sword he'd been given.
    • You promised him you'd ask the dragon to stop bullying him. You're pretty sure that the Elf King is bullying him too, but he hasn't noticed yet.
    • he doesn't know my secret
    he might as well be my brother rather than husband...

besides i always think that as a husband and wife, we should can stand shoulder to shoulder that way no one will bully us...

as for the ministers....i'm sorry, who was the queen again? you want me to marry, then i marry...if you are dissatisfied, i might as well deploy you to deserted place

Moonpearl likes this.
  19. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobmelt: Thank you for putting so much thought into this. It makes me feel like it wasn't a waste to spend all day writing this up~!

(I'll reveal the consequences for each choice in a week or so, definitely.)

susanty.smile likes this.
  20. susanty.smile

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you for the trouble...

this game is fun :blob_grin::blob_grin::blob_grin:

Moonpearl likes this.