Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the blue haired char's design

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  2. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobwhistle: I already admitted to being wrong before, didn't I?

Anyway, I'm glad that Mage & Demon Queen is back to its usual joking self. That Mulan reference was amazing~!

Ooh~! The art is cute.

Ubik likes this.
  3. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :pikablob: - this blob is feeling competition is somewhere nearby.
    It was quite nice that story doesn't go to drama side (at least for now).
    Can't help myself and tried to read MTL of it for about 10 or so chapters, overall it's not centred on revenge and it looked like MC stopped on it after taking fight to whom beheaded him/her before.
    That char at least wasn't in those chapters (from what I understand), but I get a feeling who would that be.
    Yeah, I said before that overused drama was become tiresome.
    By the way, did you check webtoon that was made by ColorLes girlfriend? She is kind of fujoshi :blobrofl:. It was mentioned by Oddjam about a week ago?
    ---------
    Today was another drama chapter with cliff of "Prison Town" by Neji (I know that it will end good, but nevertheless), it doesn't look like her, she usually ends it in one, oh well.

And somebody uploads some old yuri/shoujo-ai on dex, one is 10 year old, other was 30 years old (yep, dated at 1989). Latter compared to today was rather long. It was somewhat educationally interesting to see (again) how things changed since then, art style, overall things in background and so on.

p.s. new chapters of "Boyish Girlfriend", "Hino-san no Baka" are well... khmmmm on same wave :blobnosebleed:

Moonpearl likes this.
  4. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a peek at it~! I haven't had the time to read it all yet, though.

Oh, and talking of Webtoons! I found this recommended on the Mage & Demon Queen page this morning. https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/skylie/list?title_no=277652
    I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but it seems to be a slice-of-life about two friends who start dating while one's still in the closet. The most recent chapter just introduced the drama.

Ubik likes this.
  5. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's as Tsuru had said "really enjoyable when you got nothing to do."
    Yup, it was mentioned, again by Oddjam, there was three webtoons that was mentioned: shoujo love story, skylie, and NetOL (GL)

About that current chapter, I couldn't called it a drama without seeing what next. It could be just misunderstanding at least. (don't want it to be another one drama).

Moonpearl likes this.
  6. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Whoops~! Sorry, I was sort of skimming the Garden posts while I was on break. I don't think a lot of it went in.

The author's comments indicated that this is where the description comes into play. Her date is still in the closet, so they'll have to keep their relationship a secret. I'm assuming it's going to be at least a little angsty, since she reacted so badly to her words...

Ubik likes this.
  7. lily_ocho

lily_ocho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just put up another chapter of My Disciple Wants to Tease Me Every Day for those of you reading! My schedule is once a week Tuesday nights, I'm hoping more people will join the fandom soon since it's a bit empty so far aa

8. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was case of "looked but did not see" :blob_grin: It's okay, it's not bad to mention something another time.
    That is why I'll wait how story will unfold next. It could lead to angst, to drama or to fluffiness, depending on author.
    And chapter was nice! Cute yandere is still adorable, I understand she'll return all teasing by her shifu back in future. :blobowoevil_horns:

And there was another fluffiness, new chapter of Hayama Sensei To Terano Sensei Ha Tsukiatteiru :aww:

lily_ocho and Moonpearl like this.
  9. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ... Not a fan of dark skin characters.
    IT'S REALLY FLUFF ! 3 PAGES BUT DAMN THE CHAPTER ENDING IS REALLY SWEET AS HELL !
    Sorry. Normally if it was before when i discovered this series i would be overjoyed, rush to it and comment but sadly i found other things that make me busy reading.
    Really nice story (but annoying drama incoming), the only problem is the faces... THE FACES ! Sigh... it looks like men.
    Going to it after this post.

Ubik and lily_ocho like this.
  10. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Authors choose TS as a easy way to make their MCs love females. It also disgust less people.

Edit: BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ! Hayama sensei is too sweet ! Found the gulping thing and talking her mind aloud really interesting and funny.

Ubik likes this.
  11. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You were both right, it was really a drama:notlikeblob:. So shitty ending to their date :blob_catflip: And why in the first place she even asked to it in this circumstances? :blobangery:
    Even being "in closet" could be described differently, like two new recent chapters of Hana ni Arashi where :blobnosebleed: Where their relationship are secret to everyone (it looks like it not so for everybody around :blobrofl:)
    There is new chapter of it. Question at the start "did you get to hold hands stage?" was hilarious. And continuation .... :blobnosebleed:

P.S. Mage & demon queen finally changed to 1per week update. That 69 special joke was fun.

Moonpearl likes this.
  12. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    *shrug* Some people can never come out. You find ways to keep living. Personally I think the MC is just overreacting...

Also, I'm glad the author is finally easing the pace down. Although it sounds like she intends for it to be temporary, maybe she'll stick to it when she's had it for some time.

I haven't finished it yet, but I really like it~!

Ubik likes this.
  14. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe that, or maybe author like angsty drama, if it's latter I'll pass.
    Depends on what season break will last. If it will be 1-4 weeks. It could remain as weekly release. Or if it will be months or even years... It could continue with 2 per week.
    It was very good taming the villainess novel, more heavy on drama and political conspiracies in latter arks (or flashback miniark that could or could not be based on author personal experience), but with good fluffy end.

There are two updates in manga that are nice and disturbing at the same time:
    Lunatic Lady (by Takemiya Jin) from Galette anthology about maid and her owner that has some secrets.

New chapter of Yurigurashi - Ch. 6 - Living with a Yandere - everything is in title.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    Moonpearl likes this.
  15. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Yesterday, while searching for something totally different, I came across some Jessica Rabbit x Betty Boop art. I've been wanting to see those two paired since I saw "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" as a kid...

b413a052aefcf340cd48fac5a5063f3e.jpg

There are a lot of pairings from my childhood that I'd love to see more of, to be honest. Did anyone else watch Mermaid Melody? I was always confused why Lina had to be forced straight when mermaids, an all-female race, should surely be embracing lesbianism as the default.
    Kagome/Kikyo from Inuyasha was another one I wanted to see explored.

Does anybody else have rare pairings or pairings they wish had gained more traction?

Ubik likes this.
  16. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh !? You were not present when we talked about it ending ?
    I think the same. Not all people like to confess they are lesbians. And coming out often brings troubles : i don't know if you know but ever heard about jackie chan's daugher ? He is homophobic and chased her.
    True kinda want to give it up now. And the faces... damnit the faces...
    You bastard !!! Stealing what i gonna recommend !!!!!
    Not really a rare pairing but i want more of my favorite pairing Kagerou x Shiranui / Shiranui x Kagerou in Kancolle.
    Next a link because it's translated on danbooru / theme is "Yuri Pee drinking", safe for work, just the stuff shiranui says is NSFW:
    https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1751538

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  17. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    ^Oops ? Didn't Moonpearl mention something about no 18+ images in NUF ?

Recommending again, short but really awesome, a little forceful sex + yandere FL.
    https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lunatic_lady#1
    Only one thing, i hope FL didn't induce the fall of MC's family business.

18. Ddraig

Reading List:
    Link
    And I have completely read it. Binge reading is so fun haha.
    Anyways my ratings for this are ~3.7/5

1 being I lost some sanity
    2 being reallly meh or really shit.
    3 being average
    4 being great
    5 being the book is perfect

I might probably write a review but then again I am a lazy dragon so it will probably not happen.

I know my rating makes it look I didnt enjoy it at all (because most people use 7/10 for average as opposed to my 6/10) as average but I really enjoyed it a lot ~

Basically on the 7/10 scale my ratings would be more like just about 8.3 more or less.

19. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    It looks like they were already estranged, actually, and they don't have a relationship at all. If she and her wife were chased out, it will be by her mother and her husband. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7845675/jackie-chan-estranged-daughter-weds-girlfriend-canada/

Oh~! I don't think I've ever come across them before.

Ubik likes this.
  20. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    NEW MANGA SERIES !!!! THAT IS PROMISING !!!!! (but one female friend of MC seems like got a clue about MC being strange)

"Swallow Tail"
    kinda wanted to comment that the half-finished drawing style is interesting but i saw that the author is Tima so i guess that is to be expected right ?

Ubik likes this.