Hello Newbies! A Welcome Thread for You Reader!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FlowingSong, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Lenaia

Lenaia Queen of Smiles

Reading List:
    Link
    That's the age of insanity.

Cascadian Rex likes this.
  2. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    @Welcome to the Forum.
    Hope you have fun here!

3. Tilgarial

Tilgarial [Chaos Tiger] [Paradox] [ded][Houseplant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Edited
    This was originally a thread with the purpose of getting new members to introduce themself with a semi-fancy speech at the beginning, though it got merged. Quite understandable, but now that i know this one exists, no need to change my introduction in and of itsef, right?~
    though, the rest I'm changing to fit into where i ended up in, haha~

Hi, I'm Tilgarial!
    some people started calling me tiger here - most likely due to my profile pic, if it isnt obvious - but Ty would be okay too.
    While I did register on NU a while back, I have been aktive - or rather, getting aktive - on the forum for so 3 or 4 months at most, so I do consider myself a new member!
    My personality ... I'd say is rather chaotic. sometimes here, sometimes there. I do consider myself friendly, helpful and nice, though not a good person. However, I'm quite sure I'm also not a bad person, though i can be a bit teasing, or in case of games, even mean sometimes~
    I'd also say I'm funny, sometimes, but maybe I'm just good at laughing, haha
    As to novels and stories, I dont read a specific genre, but much rather look for a 'feel' type of thing. like, if the story is interesting, new, simply well written, I'd probably read it, though I do avoid things centering on strong emotions such as love and hate~
    otherwise... hobby-wise, I'm kind of a jack of all trades, master of none, haha
    In my younger years, i watched quite a few documentaries, I spent quite a bit of time on mental things, like philosophy or chess, I enjoy nature and plants, I've read quite a few books - physical ones, this time, I've watched a few anime, I've played five different sports in my live and I'm rather interested in science~
    I consider myself quite good at listening, so even if I have no idea what you are talking about, If its interesting or funny - which basically everything is - dont think you're annoying me or something~
    After all, I'm almost impossible to annoy. it has been tested, that was the best laugh I had that year, hahaha
    and, if you just read the same introduction I wrote, you probably wont doubt that I have a bit of a narcistic tendency :'p
    though, without the "I'm better than thou" part, so its not like i look down on anybody or anything~

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    Innieminnie, Varno and Moonpearl like this.
  4. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Old member is scary??? are you sure? the only dangerous member is Tony, you will see him/her a lot from now on
    Edit : i'll give you example with a snap with his/her finger, he/she instantly able to ban you

5. Tilgarial

Reading List:
    Link
    ...It has been brought to my attention, that there is already a welcome thread for introductions~
    though, the wording in the tilte is quite a bit different, so I'll just leave this here... unless a Mod thinks its redundant, haha
    maybe I'll get the shier ones or something~

6. Tilgarial

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahah, well, there were a few different wordings, but in general it was accepted that old members are hard to approach for newbies~
    though, its not like i did a survey or anything, so its more of an educated guess, i suppose, haha

....but how is the sentient rock tony scary? :'p

Moonpearl likes this.
  7. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    This more looks like segregation and entitlement to have their own things.
    Also a bit of an ego where one wants to promote himself

REJECTED

Tilgarial likes this.
  8. Tilgarial

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm totally a narcist, though i wouldnt purposefully promote myself, so I have no right saying anything to the ego thing, but how is this segregation?
    though, it already got merged, so I'll be editing it to fit into the new thread~

Moonpearl likes this.
  9. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, call me innieminnie- it's from that rhyme innie minnie mionie moe. I'm totally and completely asexual. I don't do relationships like at all. I could maybe stand a romantic/no touch bond, but that's about it.

I'm an avid BL fan, not so much into yuri, but I've read a few. I often like to write the beginnings to a story in my spare time and then abandon it when I find something good to read. It's a good thing I don't post them, otherwise I'd be hated.

I'm also a health addict and a hypochondriac. I'm pretty nice when I'm not being random and confusing people. I dislike weak and shy ukes. I dislike pretty much all shojou as well. I dislike most romance drama in general actually. Finding novelupdates was a life saver to the picky reading addict that I am. Even though the cn's scare me from a rl perspective..

Anywho, I'm a pretty good aquaintance to have and to start a random conversation with in the moment, but not so much charismatic lifetime friend material ^o^ Nice to meet you!

Tilgarial and Moonpearl like this.
  10. OnceandFutureLurker

OnceandFutureLurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Welcome to NUF hope you will have fun here while also enjoying the novels

Innieminnie and Moonpearl like this.
  11. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    welcome to the forum and have fun here

Innieminnie, Xalysian and Tilgarial like this.
  12. Pyoo

Pyoo ☀ Summer Melody ☀

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Pyoo

Pyoo ☀ Summer Melody ☀

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanted to tag welcome to nuf Dx

OnceandFutureLurker likes this.
  15. nachte

nachte Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I'm nachte!

I'm a fujoshi and started rummaging around NU because I'm MXTX trash and I need more BL historical/xianxia-type novels to read. I'm a sucker for found family and magical beast/familiar tropes, and I love hijinks, sassy characters, and loving, but bickering couples .

I can't read Chinese, but I know Japanese, so I've been working on translating a novel to add to the BL stash. I have a 4 chapter buffer so far, so hopefully I can start posting it soon.

Nice to meet everyone!

Cypress, RottenApple, RiiRu and 2 others like this.
  16. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to the forum and have fun

hmm have you tried checking @alexfilia's signature and blog there's a lot of BL there

and @Nyan sempai you have a new comrade here

Nyann and nachte like this.
  17. Asmo-tan

Asmo-tan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im Asmo-Tan

well basically I'm above average degenrate person who want to read ln/wn stuff that caught my attention.
    i like fantasy/isekai tags but im all rounder basically be it has bad reviews and good reviews, but i prefer fluffy stuff/idiot couple romance.
    i love music alot like such as "Thunder "by boys like girls, and jap music such as op of oregairu by nagi yanagi , "sincerely" by true and my own country song.

that's all there is to it ,i'm quite shy after all

18. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to the forum and have fun

19. Asmo-tan

Asmo-tan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes , than you.
    basically im already 2years here at nu , reading some stuff , but first time here joining the forums because its kinda interesting

RottenApple likes this.
  20. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    @Welcome to the Forum
    My Pet is A Holy Maiden is very fluffy fluff.