The Measles Cases in USA

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, Apr 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You smell something fishy?

The news keeps drilling in that people need to be vaccinated; the cause is because people aren’t vaccinated. As far as I know, measles is a mandatory vaccine given at birth so what is this fart about measle spreading among children? Why should you even be worry if you’re vaccinated or your kids are? Their current sell point is the children. Yes, the children—but the children, by majority, are vaccinated at birth and should not be a concern even if expose to measle.

Are they trying to indirectly point fingers at people who are immigrants or non-citizens? Are they implying the vaccine doesn’t work???! Heck, where is the research that states the vaccine works?

Are people aware that each time they take a flu shot, have their children and themselves take any kind of vaccine even if mandate by the states, they sign away their rights for the manufacturing companies to walk away blame free, no responsibility, and no liability? Your kids could have an extreme reaction to the shot that turn them dumb and compromise their long term health; but the parents cannot even sue anyone in court—yet take on medical fees and stress of raising a child born free of illness yet injected unknown substances with little to no human test or study of long term affect.

I don’t wanna watch the news. It makes me :blob_thor:.

2. MostlyBlue

MostlyBlue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anti vaxxers are terrorists

Moonpearl, Ddraig, Karamell and 17 others like this.
  3. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    What a great one. Pro vaxxers are cattles?

4. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people believe wholeheartedly that vaccines are evil and cause other health issues like autism and adhd.

Vaccination works best when everyone does it. that way the disease eventually dies out or, in more precise terms, becomes isolated cases.

5. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    It is because people aren't vaccinating, they think that if most people vacinated they can get herd immunity without suffering (the scientific disproven) autism.
    Now their kids are both stupid (cause stupidity turns out to be heriditary) and dropping like flies. Just a more advance example of artificial selection

Westeller, Karamell, Cite and 9 others like this.
  6. Sakuratea

Sakuratea A Cup ot Tea

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't vaccine just weakened virus?
    i got polio vaccine once when i was a kid, i never got polio
    I never got measles vaccine, i acquire the immunity for it naturally by suffering from it at grade 3.
    Just let them be pro vaccine, anti vaccine, the strong will survive regardless.

Astaroth and justmehere like this.
  7. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobnobully:i've had measles 3 times:blob_teary: i'm dying but i'm not dead

prongsjiisan likes this.
  8. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless I’m wrong, the only people who gets affected by this are antivaxxer and other antivaxxer. (Plus children.)

Everyone else should be immuned to measles.

9. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    vaccination doesn't mean that you don't get the disease. It just reduces the possibility and generally gives you a weaker version of the virus. My chicken pox were hell.....and I am fully vaccinated! My parents didn't know about using antihistamines to counter the itch. I tell you, if you or your children get chicken pox or measles, give them antihistamines to stop the itching. Paracetamol does nothing for the itch, just deals with the pain/fever aspects.

I dread to think what my chicken pox would have been like WITHOUT vaccination. O.O

Imawa, mir and Moonpearl like this.
  10. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    You moron.
    Unvaccinated children can spread the disease on vaccinated children. Because the virus gains the grounds to mutate and become even worse.

SorceressPol, Imawa, Pau and 8 others like this.
  11. mahina

mahina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember kids: vaccines are cool, stay in school!

Arkus86 and Devil of Boredom like this.
  12. Siceraria

Siceraria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Obviously the answer is more needles!
    tsukihime needle time kohaku crazy scary.jpg
    Stay calm, the needle won't be that painful...
    neet knife just the tip yandere face.PNG

Lenaia likes this.
  13. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    A non vaccinated kid getting measles is not a problem. The problem is that kid's anti vax parents who will deny the measles and endanger the kid and the surrounding kids.

And the reason why it is problematic is cuz measles as a virus changes shapes pretty quickly. So even if you are vaccinated, because some other fucktard decided to become the perfect host for a mutated virus you are also at risk, tho lower.

Pau, Westeller, CDLevit and 5 others like this.
  14. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    So many memes that could work here. Where's our Meme Lord R0?

15. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    the problem is also people with auto immune deficiencies that have to rely on herd immunity.

A lot of these diseases were considered eradicated in the developed world, not because the virus that cause it is extinct, but because as almost all the population was immunized (vacinated) the survival time in each organism was so small that the virus couln't spread.

SorceressPol, Pau, Moonpearl and 4 others like this.
  16. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s what I thought, but the news keeps drilling that everyone is at risk. What’s the point of being vaccinated then?

Then let’s not talk about vaccination as only one, but also other ways to protect the self. The news certainly didn’t talk about that.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2019
  17. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
  18. earthdrake

earthdrake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are several things wrong with antivaxxers in general and with not vaccinating for measles in particular.
    I have a several allergy to one of the main components of the vaccines as they were made 20 years ago, I couldn't get vaccinated with any vaccine that had that particular drug, that meant I had to rely on the rest being vaccinated so I couldn't get sick. Thankfully in the last 20 years medicine changed and I can use the new ones. This is not just me and it doesn't happen with just 1 drug, some people are alergic to them so they need the rest to be properly vaccinated, there are also other ton of possible problems.
    On the other hand the less people vaccinated the more cesspools can form, meaning an original normal virus replicates enough to mutate and cause a strain that can either ignore the immunity formed through the old medicine or that it can overpower it. In both cases that is incredibly risky.
    Now the point of vaccination (even if some stupid shits wants their babies to die early) is to protect yourself but also to protect others.

EDIT: As several had said, immunity is the wrong word as the vaccines only cause you to create defenses for certain strains of virus. If the strain mutates and is not recognized by the body the vaccine is worthless and you are fucked. If the environment is so loaded with virus or the particular strain is stronger your defenses the vaccine helps a bit but you still have to suffer 'till your body beats the virus.
    Both cases can be avoided if the virus doesn't infect anyone thus allowing the virus time to mutate or to propagate.
    Antivaxxers basically weaken the system and completely negate the hard work, pain and suffering everyone close goes through, which is one MUST be intolerant against that. Is basically saying, because I BELIEVE stupid shit (which you are entitled to) I will DELIBERATELY create a weakness in the system and hope for the best, also I'll tell all my friends to do the same so the weakness becomes large and we create a cesspool of disease AND of course I'll announce it proudly to everyone.
    Also another thing, people believe (talking about general human stupidity not country wise) that they can choose what is the best for them but fuck all of the others and their beliefs because they are wrong. That I can understand, what I CAN'T understand is that the others believe that the first ones should be left alone even if they create problems (possible/potential problems that will/may happen eventually). You can't live on top of a nuclear missile in the middle of the town, even if you believe is safe and the radiation strengthens you, neither should you be able to be gamble or knowingly harm the lives of the others with other stupid choices (not just vaccines).

What other method do you have for protection that works as well, is as cheap and can be mass produced as vaccines?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  19. Hikicarl

Hikicarl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can't protect yourself alone and be immune to everything... you need the society... no man is an island... unless we can cultivate...

20. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    That doesnt sound all that advanced, just sounds like nature taking its course and killing the idoit. Sadly I wish it would just kill them, not their kids. *shrug*
    LoL would be the ultimate act of karma for the kids to infect their parents with smallpox and be orphaned. Lest then there is a chance they can be vaccinated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.